Search

Protoform WCICS Round 2: PRCC, Penticton - Oct 14 to 16, 2016

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 08:34 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ATDHobbies
Actually it was clarified with the WCICS competition director during registration what the best course of action would be... as per his instructions it was recommended to stack the qualifiers and mains to 10 cars as this is what was done is Saskatoon a few weeks prior...

This is event is run by the Penticton Radio Control Club... all the profits and proceeds go to the club...

Amber
Hold on a sec- Just for the record that is not 100% correct, I never instructed Anyone to pack the qualifiers or the mains! Infact with qualifying I told the RD durning race #1 round #1 that there were to many cars on the track and I suggested then that they should be split or at least call them quicker. Remember, you were calling car #9 to go when car #1 was coming around the kink where I happened to be corner marshalling. I was not in Saskatoon and did not instruct anyone to have 10 car heats, if they did that then it was on the RD's decision, not mine.

Now, again for clarification as to F1 and the main setup. Before the quali's started the RD came and spoke to Josh and myself about an 11th F1 car signed up (I was unaware of a 12th).. Josh and I both said that would be a shootout. For the final spot of the 10 car main. ( Which the RD declared in the Drivers Meeting on Friday night.) The RD did not wish to do a shootout saying the track was capable of handling 11 cars and he wanted to combine them into a "A" main for the enjoyment of all 11 racers. This is his choice as RD ( as per WCICS rules ) and that was that. I guess a 12th car signed up after the fact and the RD decided to spit it making it a double "B" This I was unaware of.

There were no rules broken by the RD that I am aware of, he asked us for our opinion and then made his own decision as the RD of the event.. End of story.

In all honesty we should be having 10 car mains everywhere, but what we are now seeing or realizing is that other factors are now playing out like the drivers stand and the safety of racers.

Last edited by Korgae; 10-20-2016 at 08:54 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-20-2016, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by (0000000000)
I am sorry that you feel this way.

I am sorry that I feel this way.

I had a wonderful time last year, and went out of my way to promote this race to my peers. To have such a drastic change in one persons perception from one year to the next, something certainly happened. I don't want to get into my personal opinions on an rctech forum, so I would like to go back to my original question:

Why was the 10 car rule not followed for the F1 main?
You have already personally insulted the members of PRCC in your posts, like the comment about Ambers RD abilities....and that the host club put on a bad event, now when you say this it is a personal insult to ALL the members of PRCC that worked on this event. You HAVE made your personal opinions public. you complain about an F1 race that YOU were not even part of....not your place to say anything regarding a matter that shouldn't concern you. If you stop for a second and read what was replied to your question than you would realize that Amber DID infact answer your question....the F1 A main was reduced and 2 drivers were put in the B main so that we didn't have an F1 race with only 2 cars, to make it fun for the drivers in the B. If this bothered the 2 A drivers that got bumped than were sorry however that Was NOT you.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Korgae
Hold on a sec- Just for the record that is not 100% correct, I never instructed Anyone to pack the qualifiers or the mains! Infact with qualifying I told you durning race #1 round #1 that there were to many cars on the track and I suggested then that they should be split. Remember, you were calling car #9 to go when car #1 was coming around the kink where I happened to be corner marshalling.

Now, again for clarification before the quali's started Anothany came and spoke to Josh and myself about an 11th F1 car signed up (I was unaware of a 12th).. Josh and I both said that would be a shootout. For the final spot of the 10 car main. ( Which Anothany declared in the Drivers Meeting on Friday night. Anothany did not wish to do that saying the track was capable of handling 11 cars and he wanted to combine them into a "A" main. This is his choice as RD ( as per WCICS rules ) and that was that.

There were no rules broken by the RD that I am aware of, he asked us for our opinion and then made his own decision as the RD of the event.. end of story.
My apologies for the misunderstanding of what was relayed back of what I thought yourselves and Anthony had discussed... I do recall the conversation about the cars no being called quickly enough during qualifying and perhaps did not hear the bit about too many cars on the track and the recommendation of a split. What I do recall was our conversation about the misunderstanding of the number of cars in a qualifier vs the number of cars in a main and how there is a perception that the 2 are expected to be the same... Nonetheless your opinion is always valued Korgae and I will be passing forth the recommendation for the next seasons race.. again I am sorry for the confusion & misunderstanding...

As the volunteer RD for the weekend I made the judgement call and I take full responsibility for the decision to break the F1 race where I had. Now at this very moment I do not have the qualifiers in front of me, so I am doing this off memory until I am able to review.. F1 was broken into an 8 car A main with 4 car B. TQ for F1 was 25 laps. The 9th & 10th place car were 4 or more laps off this pace. And 1 or more laps off where the 8th place car qualified. I believed this separation would make for a better race for those racing. If those in the B main are unhappy with this decision I ask that you contact me with your concerns.
Update: With the qualifying results in front of me TQ was 25 laps. 9th & 10th place cars had a best run of 20 & 19 laps. 8th to 4th place had 22 & 23 laps.

My apologies to all that are upset with how incompetent my skills are as an RD.. I try my best and ask questions when I need clarification although at times things are not always black and white... this is a volunteer position to which I will no longer be fulfilling for the club... Best wishes to the future RD of this event...

Amber

Last edited by ATDHobbies; 10-20-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

F1
I was in the B-Main. I didn't finish a qualifyer and was in last place. It was good where the division was, I got my car together and took the B-main. If if was broken down to 10/2 split I wouldn't of had the chance to race with Lyle and Travis, and that was a lot of fun.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Amber, we all know you and everyone at PRCC tried hard to put on a good event.

After I got home I immediately flew up north for work, and so haven't talked to everyone, but from what I gather I think that PRCC was simply trying to put 10 in the mains like Korgae said. For this event that probably wasn't suitable.

So it's a very easy fix, next year there will either be 8 per heat, or a larger drivers stand. Simple. Easy. Done.

I know the carpet has been like that since the day PRCC first bought it and I remember how heartbroken they were to have shelled out for brand new carpet and have it arrive permanently wrinkled. It's unfortunate, and some years the layout makes it worse than others. You try your best, we understand that. As past Pres of CarCar, which was unquestionably the bumpiest track in Western Canada for 10 years, this track wasn't much different than our track before we built a subfloor; or Edmonton's jump going down the straight. They're not all perfect, but it's the same for everyone.

Chuck, on Facebook you asked that everyone respect your opinion; but are you being respectful of other people?

Josh
Old 10-20-2016, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Carcar had horrible surface, which is why I almost exclusivley ran at karz when I first arrived in Calgary.

An answer regarding the reasoning for an 8 car F1 was given. Amber, thank you for answering my question.

Josh my feelings and my opinions are my own. I know it was controversial. I felt strongly enough to say what I felt, in my own unique way. I welcome my peers to communicate directly with me if they feel personally affected. It is not YOU that I am voicing out to regarding my disagreement. It is actions that may have been taken that I am in disagreement with.

I am ready to leave it at that. I have said my piece and am ready to make my peace.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shaun B22
Or maybe next year stay home if you had such a crappy time! All the insults, and tears over TOY cars....may I remind YOU that everyone involved in organizing these events from ALL clubs do this for FREE and should never have to put up these kind of things being posted on a public forum. The PRCC members have all worked hard to provide YOU the best racing that they can, I personally would rather you just say thanks and understand that our carpet may not be perfect but it's all we have. So in closing, you said in an earlier post that the host club should have disclosed that the track was bumpy before registration? Well here you go let me know if this is enough notice for you! The track will STILL be bumpy next season, so if that is not good enough for you than I'm sorry, we would love for you to return, however if a bumpy toy car track is not your cup of tea than may I suggest skipping the Penticton leg of WCICS.

Lol skip every WCICS event then . Everyone gets so upset about little toy cars Too many people from too many walks of life all fighting about a toy car race

RC racing used to be fun for me. But it became more dramatic than fun. So I quit on-road racing at WCICS and on road racing period

I like off-road Where men race against men Seems to be a lot less bickering And crying.

I wish this series luck. ( not really but I know a lot of people like it )

Just seems to me that certain people's opinions are heard louder than others

And I also have an opinion of the WCICS executives. Ask Luke Lmfao

Have fun out there guys. And girls.

And Amber dont let them get to you. .

Last edited by bambikilr; 10-21-2016 at 06:12 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default No race results?

I haven't been able to find any race results from any of the races. Do you guys still update stuff anywhere?
Old 10-21-2016, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Are you talking about the results that are back one page?
Old 10-21-2016, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Souk
I haven't been able to find any race results from any of the races. Do you guys still update stuff anywhere?
The results are found one page back, but also here:

http://www.wcics.ca/results.php

Luke
Old 10-21-2016, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lpittman
The results are found one page back, but also here:

http://www.wcics.ca/results.php

Luke
Thanks for the update Luke... that looks amazing and super easy to use!

Amber
Old 10-21-2016, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Ohhhhh that is snazzy! Well done sir!
Old 10-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Alright. I may be too young to really be able to speak out about all this, but I really want to say a piece about all the controversy here. I am very passionate about racing and I give it my all, but at the end of the day it's all about FUN. It's about enjoying some time away from the stresses of life. At the PRCC round, I had my share of issues. I crashed, I broke, I struggled and I lost. I could have quit, I could have packed up and walked off but I remembered it's supposed to be about fun and friendship (with FRIENDLY rivalry). It's easy to point out all the things that Amber may have done that you did not agree with, but she had a lot of responsibility and both her and Anthony really stepped up to the plate and gave it their all. When Chuck and Graham had a bit of a grudge it was upsetting, but no one is perfect so it's all good. Overall, I myself had a great time. Yes I was a little stressed, but it was all in all a lot of fun, I learned a LOT, and I am ever grateful for all the help I received. If you get too serious and forget to have fun, then PLEASE, try your best for the sake of others. You're all like family to me.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Einsman, I'm very happy to hear some positivity that can help us all move forward. I couldn't agree more about the feeling of family and friendship that accompanies this hobby of ours. You've clearly put allot of thought into your post and although I may not know you by your tag, I can tell you that you are certainly not too young to be voicing your thoughts. Like minded people getting together to share a passion is exactly why am here too and at our table, everyone has a voice. I hope everyone can move on from this and realize that it's not always about the car on the track that brings us together but victories and defeats we get to share with one another.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ok found them thanks!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.