Search

2015/2016 WCICS Official Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rye Guy
If you are saying I dont care about points, you must have read that wrong, i made mistakes and lost a position, that fault lies on no one but myself, there was a few boards out there, i should have said no, but they looked so good, i just had to try them out

Still not sure why Saskatoon is a problem when Calgary finals did it in 2014 for 2 people
When you point your finger at someone, there is 3 pointing back at yourself
Your entitled to your view on your points situation, but others may see it very differently. I know I would have a problem with it and it seems quite a few would too. You even had someone defending your points for you.

I'm not sure why discussing this issue is a problem for you. I haven't pointed a single finger at anyone other than the actual issue. I was keen to hear what the fix was for the current points. If caught and fixed early enough any debate over this year's championship points could easily be avoided.

I had no knowledge that this has happened in the past. If I had of heard about it I would have said the exact same on here, so Saskatoon, the people involved are all irrelevant to me. It effects the series championship points and therefore requires attention in my eyes. The reps are meeting about it and it won't be allowed to happen again.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Realized I've been accused of something and I'll gladly address it.

As the organizer for the 2014 Calgary WCICS race, I take full responsibility of any situation that did not go right according to the plan of running the perfect race. Quite honestly I don't remember the exact reason why that happened at the race due to the fact that any decision I make regarding my club are done without personal gain, malice, ill content, or for the benefit of any individual as I believe anyone in my position would and should do the same.

Contrary to what some may believe, I don't hate anyone in this hobby. I would say I could have some better relationship with certain racers if I didn't have to make difficult decisions when I was President of my club that soured those relationships in the past. But again, the decisions I had to make were for the sole intent of making what I thought was best for my club at the time like a simple decision to decide what tire compound to run club racing (like seriously) or even agreeing to hold a big race (yes the ATS) that financially benefits my club (so we can pay for rent, save for a rainy day, etc. so racers in Calgary can have a place to race) than can apparently make some people extremely unhappy with me.

Best future advice: Stay out of any politics because no matter what you do, someone will hate the decisions you have to make even if you have all the best of intentions.

Eat lots of turkey,

Ivan
Old 10-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

In the interests of clarity, and full disclosure*, the example I used in my report was done so for the sole purpose of setting a pattern. It was not used to displace blame or redirect responsibility.

In fact, I used it to support the decision the RD made at the Saskatoon race. (and by default, support the decision made by the RD in Calgary) No blame, or inference of wrong doing by either RD was intended.

It was merely used to show a pattern. I know it has happened at other events as well, most of the time the mains are reprinted with the changes, so it is difficult to see the change after the fact.

As per my recommendations, I believe there needs to be clarification on when a racer can protest their position in the mains, or qualifiers for that matter.

*I mainly used this example because I had intimate knowledge of it, I was one of the racers that asked to be bumped up into the 'A' main. Looking back at it now, I had no reasonable grounds to request the change, and I should not have put the RD in the position to make the decision to do so. *
Old 10-10-2015, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

I personally like Earl's recommendation to rewrite rule 14 to be more descriptive, than prescriptive. As an occasional RD I would like to have the flexibility to decide when it is in the best interest of good racing to make the split at something other than strictly 50%. Joe levesque for example was head and shoulders faster the rest of the touring stock B main at the last race. As an exceedingly average driver, I don't want to be a moving speedbump for him, obliged to move over as he laps me again and again; and would rather have a great race with other drivers at my ability level. As it happens I was another level below the B at that event!
Old 10-10-2015, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joe_newbie
I personally like Earl's recommendation to rewrite rule 14 to be more descriptive, than prescriptive. As an occasional RD I would like to have the flexibility to decide when it is in the best interest of good racing to make the split at something other than strictly 50%. Joe levesque for example was head and shoulders faster the rest of the touring stock B main at the last race. As an exceedingly average driver, I don't want to be a moving speedbump for him, obliged to move over as he laps me again and again; and would rather have a great race with other drivers at my ability level. As it happens I was another level below the B at that event!
That's great at a club level but not at a point series spanning 8 races where someone can make a decision that effects the outcome of the series. Your always gonna have a bubble driver who doesn't make the A and they shouldn't be allowed to lobby themselves into the A. I don't race for points, I couldn't care less about a series in Alberta I will never attend but I do really like when rules are followed as they are written and hate the impression that any driver could do something or get away with something that other drivers would never be able to.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

There is NOT a point series in Alberta. A couple of clubs in Alberta got together to have a couple of larger "club" races. These races are for club members who cannot travel outside of the province to experience a larger race experience. We don't keep points and we don't even tech the cars. It's all for fun and laughs. It was made by the Edmonton club as they have a long long way to travel to most of the WCICS races. The classes are based on the ones that we run on club nights. It brings money into the clubs. I am actually surprised that the clubs in other provinces don't have a format like this. It also helps the club practice running a "big" race. Where do you think WCICS came from? It all started from a group of clubs in Alberta that got together to run some races. We also try different things to see if we even like it. We have done Quali Points, Triple Mains, and Reedy Format. Turns out rocket round has been the most popular. Prizes are based on attending the races and not how you actually do or what main you are in.

Please guys stop make comments about a "series" you know nothing about or have never attended.

Last edited by Madulla; 10-10-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks Earl and WCICS for investigating and explaining the issue for us.
I appreciate the additional information to better understand the events.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have been asked off line who requested I do the inquiry. It was Korgae that had asked me to do it. He expressed it would be helpful to have an independent review done by someone that had not been dealing with all the parties involved, to get a more detached view of the situation.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Even after having the rule explained to me twice I still had reservations about this incident. Earl's explanation, while well stated, didn't sink in the first time.

"When the number of racers in the last heat is at or below 50% of the max
number of cars in a heat, the last 2 heats will be split.."

Not split evenly, as the 50% rule would seem to imply.

So the rule could be restated as: "you must have at least 50% of a full drivers stand in the lowest heat"

With 10 drivers qualified, the B main should have had 4 drivers, and in the A, 6. Since one of the 4 was a DNF no show, that would leave 3 actually racing in the B. The race director made the correct decision in this matter to rectify the heat setup, according to the rule.

I know I am not the only one who was still questioning this, and since the matter is now firmly put to rest in my head, I just wanted to take one more stab at explaining it in the simplest possible manner.

Last edited by joe_newbie; 10-14-2015 at 01:39 PM. Reason: for clarity, grammar
Old 10-15-2015, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Joe, hopefully it's clear now that I was always supposed to be in the A, the only thing that was done was correcting a resort error that happended when Jim asked to be deleted from the mains, and the RD innocently physically removed Jim from the mains (like you would at a club race). Anyone can clearly see that at the bottom of the 4th round TC Mod sheet, attached.

Mains of 10 are split 6 in the A, 4 in the B, and have been that way for over 300 mains over the last 5 years.

Now for something completely different to remind us that this is supposed to be about fun racing, leaving the politics of life behind us (not bringing them here), and that life is short. If you watch it on your phone (not desktop), you can move your phone around, and up, and see all angles. Nice tribute, and cool technology!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yB_hwKe4Dc

Josh
Attached Files

Last edited by IronRing Racing; 10-15-2015 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Added heat sheet
Old 10-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My GreatHobbies mini motor order arrived.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default WESTJET SEAT SALE!!!!

Thought i would check out flights for future WCICS races, if you are thinking of flying to any race, BOOK IT NOW!!!! AWESOME seat sale is on, not sure for how long, currently i am looking at S'toon to Victoria, round trip i can book for $378!!!!!!
I hope the sale is still on tomorrow night when i get home. Victoria here i come
Old 10-20-2015, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rye Guy
Thought i would check out flights for future WCICS races, if you are thinking of flying to any race, BOOK IT NOW!!!! AWESOME seat sale is on, not sure for how long, currently i am looking at S'toon to Victoria, round trip i can book for $378!!!!!!
I hope the sale is still on tomorrow night when i get home. Victoria here i come
Flight booked for Victoria!!!!
The seat sale is on again for 1.5 more days!!! If you have any flights booked, check to see if the price is lower, Westjet has a price guarantee and will credit you the difference.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Tech Initiate

I have question. How tight are the rules for the bottom feeders? I have no problem with tires and ride height. It's batteries, motor, and speed controller. None of it is cheater fast, just budget slow. Thanks Danny.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:37 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 91blackbird
I have question. How tight are the rules for the bottom feeders? I have no problem with tires and ride height. It's batteries, motor, and speed controller. None of it is cheater fast, just budget slow. Thanks Danny.
Hi Danny,

Welcome to WCICS, To answer your question, yes we have to follow the rule set for all racers. We mostly follow ROAR rules as we do not have the man power ourselves to manage approvals. So this mostly works for the mass's but sometimes catches some racers out.

With that said, are you sure your equipment is not ROAR legal? Most is, feel free to list what you have and we can look it up for you if you do not know how to.

On another note, the used market is very active this time of the year and you can get a very competitve electronics package used for a fraction of the price of new. This might be your best bet.

Hope this helps and we hope to see you out at a WCCIS event.

Korgae

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.