Like Tree24Likes

KRC RACING (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by graham the newb
Hey Steve,
Why don't you guys race this weekend and then cancel your 31st race....and come to kamloops instead.
I just really want to race this weekend
I like the idea of coming up to Kamloops for the 31st...i'll be there and will unfortunately have to miss the big race the following weekend in Kelowna.

Up to you if you would like to reschedule race days etc. though.

I look forward to eventually being able to run on the track.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Track is slowly coming together. We have completed a large chunk of the work including a general clean up of the drivers stand and surrounding area, track patching and jump rebuilding. We were able to complete the takeoff of the double, the triples and the landing of the double tabletop. We still need to redo the landing of the double, the small table and the first of the double tables. Once the jumps are rebuilt we will be covering them in carpet. Also we need to scrape the dirt away that has built up around the big O, this has been completed on most of the track. We will be at the track this Sunday at 9:30 to finish the work. The track will also be closed until the work is completed as we have pulled the O up in some sections.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Giuseppe
I like the idea of coming up to Kamloops for the 31st...i'll be there and will unfortunately have to miss the big race the following weekend in Kelowna.

Up to you if you would like to reschedule race days etc. though.

I look forward to eventually being able to run on the track.
Sadly we just got rained out at our last race and we can't afford to miss another. However if you guys wanted to change your date and come out for some
Practice before the big event that would be a welcomed idea.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for all your hard work guys and sorry I was unable to come help.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Always More

Originally Posted by lpittman
Thanks for all your hard work guys and sorry I was unable to come help.
Don't worry Luke, I'm sure we can find something for you to do, If you are feeling left out.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

We have almost completed the maintenance on the track. Sadly we were rained out yesterday but on the plus side the areas that had been done already needed that rain so it did help us out. As long as it doesn't rain again today I will be going out after work to finish what we stated, will be there about 5. All that is left is the large table top, a bit of work on the small table and landing jump of the double and a small amount of O is left to clear. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd love this to be done tonight but don't think I can complete it by myself. If anyone comes out and I'm not there start clearing the O. What we are going is dragging away the dirt that has built up over the years towards the middle of the track. As of right now the track has never looked better and is so close to being done so let's push hard and get we done.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default maintenance

I like the idea of the carpet!! Our trucks and buggies are like bullets and the carpet is like a Kevlar vest, protecting the jumps and landings. The track is looking great, good job guys!! I'll be going out to the track today for a while, help out when I can.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Great news, we got the track done last night. Thanks to Aaron, Darren and Todd for all the hard work yesterday. We have competed the jumps and cleared the dirt away from the pipe around the track. We are going to let this rain settle the dirt for a few days and then the carpet will be going down to protect the jumps. We race this Sunday so we can test out the new jumps and make any changes needed at the end of the day. After Sunday's race we will be doing any repairs to the track so if any racers can stick around and help that would be great. I had planned on dragging the track but the surface is finally packing down so we will have to make that decision at the race. I would like some input on if you think the track should be dragged or not.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Hey KRC Members!

I am going to host a meeting/social for members and prospective members at my house on Wednesday, June 3rd at 6:30 pm. If you need the address please contact myself, Earl or Steve.

Will have the BBQ on and the fridge cold, so bring your own meat and/or beer.

Feel free to show up a bit early if ya want. I get lonely. lol

Luke
Old 05-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys just a reminder that with all the work that has been done to the track we will not be practicing on it this week. In fact aside from race days we will not be running at all till after the big race. We are putting up a Dry erase board in the driver stand, if you go to the track to do some work check the board for what needs to be done. Also this is where we will note when we last sprayed the weeds.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

I am so disappointed I can't come to the next race. The track is in awesome condition and jumps are back to their original glory! I even built one of them. Thanks to all for the hard work.

Anyone who goes this weekend will definitely be in good shape for the trophy race. Here's to hoping my part arrives so I can run 4wd buggy. If anyone has a front cvA bone for a b44.1 you would be my hero. I need a bumper for that thing until I learn how to drive it, kinda like training wheels. I keep breaking it.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default Race Day!!!

Race day sunday!! Very excited to to get out there and try out our freshly rebuilt jumps. We are going to run our normal race day but will be pushing hard to get through the day fast. After the race we are going to stick around and groom the track. I will need as many racers as possible to stay and help out so we can get the track ready for the trophy race. Ideally we will have all the needed work done sunday so we have the time to water hard and fine tune the jumps. As usually we wi be offering lunch and drinks trackside.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Just a heads up. Its looking like without some help, we won't have water for this race. The main line went Wed night and its a major job. I had to wait for the water to drain off yesterday and i have to work today and tomorrow. If anyone is feeling energetic, the leak is right beside the main valve up by the road. From what i can tell, it is the T fitting at the bottom of the pipe coming up out of the ground. there is a dig started already. unfortunately the line is about two and a half feet down and enough of the pipe has to be exposed to cut out the leak and repair it. (about 18" each side of the T) If the pipe gets exposed and i can get the parts today i should be able to have it fixed for Sunday. I dont have numbers for any of the members so if you know of anyone who can help out, spread the word.

Thanks Rob
Old 05-29-2015, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the heads up Rob. You should have my number though? I'll text you again.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schneider
Just a heads up. Its looking like without some help, we won't have water for this race. The main line went Wed night and its a major job. I had to wait for the water to drain off yesterday and i have to work today and tomorrow. If anyone is feeling energetic, the leak is right beside the main valve up by the road. From what i can tell, it is the T fitting at the bottom of the pipe coming up out of the ground. there is a dig started already. unfortunately the line is about two and a half feet down and enough of the pipe has to be exposed to cut out the leak and repair it. (about 18" each side of the T) If the pipe gets exposed and i can get the parts today i should be able to have it fixed for Sunday. I dont have numbers for any of the members so if you know of anyone who can help out, spread the word.

Thanks Rob
We are on it Rob, should have it dug tonight or at the latest tomorrow morning.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.