Wiki Posts
Search

2014 (Calgary, Alberta) Rocky Mountain Meltdown\Nitro Stampede V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default 2014 (Calgary, Alberta) Rocky Mountain Meltdown\Nitro Stampede V

Signup is now live for Calgary's 2 Trophy races for the 2014 racing season.

Please use RCSignup if at all possible, this makes things easier to organize come race day, but registration will be available at the track as well if you're unsure how to use that new internet thing everyone keeps talking about.

Rescheduled "Rocky Mountain Meltdown" is on September 19th-21st

For the Meltdown race this year we're going to try running a 2wd Buggy\Truck class. Interested? Come out and give it your best shot!

Rocky Mountain Meltdown Signup

Next up for the Calgary track is the 5th annual "Nitro Stampede" happening from August 1st-3rd

Nitro Stampede Signup

Hope to see everyone come out for some good racing, great fun, and hopefully enjoy in some nice summer weather this year.

Last edited by Bigwave; 06-26-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Any spots for camping at the track? If so, can I reserve a spot
Old 06-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default 2wd buggy

Hey guys will you be running the 2wd buggy class for the nitro stampede in aug?
and will you be doing any other 1/10th scale classes besides short coarse?
thanks
Mark
Castlegar Model Racers Club
Old 06-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think the Meltdown turnout with 2wd should determine whether it's run at any other races. I'd love to run 2wd buggy and 2wd truck, but that's just me.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

I see all the races are listed as an Arcor event, is this going to be a points series? Any special rules like tech, motor size, etc? I can't find anything online regarding Arcor.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Regarding campers being allowed to park at the Calgary track. I'm not sure if we have room for any or not, but if we do it would be very..very limited. Will post this info as soon as it is known.

Regarding the ARCOR series thing. Mark is more aware of what's going on in that regard, so maybe when he reads this (I'll ask him as well) he will elaborate further. From what I've heard to this point the Rocky Mountain Meltdown will not be a part of any possible ARCOR series in regards to any points, but the Battle at the Bend (Red Deer), Nitro Stampede (Calgary), Shootout (Medicine Hat), Cruise Weekend (Saskatoon) races might be. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure but hopefully this will be cleared up and figured out between the clubs soon.

I'm not too experienced with the ARCOR organizing side of things Dyno, but the previous ARCOR races were run with a real simple and easy format. There was no actual tech per say, just simple honor system type rules like 2s packs for 1/10th, .21 engines for buggies....

Oh yeah......to explain the 2wd Buggy thing for the Meltdown race and not the Stampede....Like was said above the Rocky Mountain Meltdown definitely won't be a part of any possible ARCOR points series, so that's why it's been added to that race only.

I'll do my best to get more info asap.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks bigwave that's the info I needed.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:22 PM
dx
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Arcor

Dave is correct that our first race won't be part of the series. As for tech we don't have one unless we see/find something out of the ordinary. We do follow roar rules for all classes as a guide line. I'll have more by the weekend.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Calgary's completely new (and bigger) track layout is\will be ready for the Rocky Mountain Meltdown Trophy race coming up next weekend.

Use the links in the first post to signup.

It's going to be a good time, don't miss out!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Rocky mountain meltdown postponed!
See rcgears thread for pictures........

Due to events beyond our control we will be postponing our race this weekend, the weather has soaked the track to much for it to dry properly. Also our hobby store does not have enough spec paddle tires or spec boats to meet the quantity that we need. Pictures will be posted soon. We will set a new date for this race.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

it's raining on those pictures now and most of overnight too.....
Old 06-26-2014, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Rocky Mountain Meltdown Rescheduled for the last official weekend of Summer.

September 19th-21st.

Use the link in the original post to signup!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Default Hey Guys

So having the nitro stampede not a part of any series and it being the first race of the two, are you still going to save the 2wd buggys and other 1/10th scale classes for the fall or will you try to get a few together for the stampede?
either way i will be bringing all my cars just in case but it would be a good idea to start running 1/10th scale classes because they are the shiz!
Am I missing a important poster that has the classes on them to avoid all my clutter of talk.
Anyways Castlegars race was great, weather and track conditions couldn't have been any better. Highly recommend coming down September 5 6 7.
Hope to see an awesome turnout for your Nitro Stampede.
I havent signed up online yet but im a forsure for
Nitro buggy
E buggy
and hopefully some other classes as well.
Mark
Old 07-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Boolare
So having the nitro stampede not a part of any series and it being the first race of the two, are you still going to save the 2wd buggys and other 1/10th scale classes for the fall or will you try to get a few together for the stampede?
either way i will be bringing all my cars just in case but it would be a good idea to start running 1/10th scale classes because they are the shiz!
Am I missing a important poster that has the classes on them to avoid all my clutter of talk.
Anyways Castlegars race was great, weather and track conditions couldn't have been any better. Highly recommend coming down September 5 6 7.
Hope to see an awesome turnout for your Nitro Stampede.
I havent signed up online yet but im a forsure for
Nitro buggy
E buggy
and hopefully some other classes as well.
Mark
Good point.

I see no reason why we can't offer 10th Scale 2wd (Mixed open wheel Truck\Buggy) at both races, so will add it to the signup and see how many register.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

If anyone wants to come a little early to the nitro stampede we will still be having scheduled practice on thursday night from 6-sundown

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.