Kamikaze Raceway located at the Upper Coquitlam River Park
Pipeline Road
Coquitlam, BC
Canada.

Check out the Website for details

Plus lots of hand out prizes and FUN!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

these are kind of old pics that I have. The track is in need of some dirt of which we have a huge pile waiting to be dumped as soon as our soil sample tests come back good.

that is the pit lane

Here is also a video clip that was shot last weekend during a club race. It started to rain down pretty hard at the beginning but it calmed down closer to the end.

Last Weeks Buggy Main

the lap times on the track are about 30 secs for buggies, faster laps being about 28 secs.

I will try to get more recent pics of the track sometime this week

This should be a good event. Lots of $$$ to win

anymore questions just ask

Ronny

[email protected]
Old 06-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello all,

We're ready to put on a great race for the WCORCS Leg #3. July 2 & 3 - Edmonton, AB

- Smaller track (lap times in the low 30's for the fast guys)
- Raised pit table
- Camping available
- AMBRc System with club transponders (if you have a personal make sure you bring it. Not having to mess around with transponders is GREAT)
- BetaBrite display (Hooked to the lap timing software will display leader,pace,laps etc. during all the heats)
- Concession
- 1/8 Scale buggy up for raffle
- Prizes trophies etc.
- Non Porta Potty washroom facilities
- Some great racers are attending so get your pre-regs in.

Please go to:

Pre-Registration Form

Or post here with Classes, Frequencies and transponder # if you are running a personal.

Hope to see you all at the races.

Later;
Cory.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was hoping this wouldn't turn into a political thing.

I intentionally did NOT post our club race in the WCORCS thread because I did not want to detract from their event. Matter of fact the date for this event was typically on the May long weekend but due to the Kelowna leg of the WCORCS race happening so close the club decided to change the date to a different long weekend.

The date for this event was decided at the CAM RC annual meeting and was discussed and voted on. CAM RC was lucky enough to have a WCORCS representative present to inform them of the WCORCS shedule. This weekend was choosen because of the distance of the conflicting event. The Edmonton race IS the furthest away from Coquitlam. (there were other races that need to be consider too not JUST the WCORCS series. Being this close to Washington there is the Northwest Championship Series and Mike's RC World)

I have always supported ALL Races and RC Clubs. I have told many club members and spectators about not only being able to Race on a local track but The many other tracks in Western Canada and North Western United Sates.

Anyone local Racing in the WCORCS series has already decided if they are going to make it to the Edmonton leg of the race. With it being about 1200km away they would have planned it already. (approx 900 from kelowna or kamloops)

CAM RC is focusing on the racers in lower BC and Northern Washington who want to come out for a one weekend event.

There will be lots of Prizes for everyone Plus the Cash Prizes in stead of trophies this year. Hopefully it will give the novices and beginners a chance to mingle with the vetran Racers and get a better Idea of what Racing is all about. In the future they may choose to race in a series like the WCORCS or the North Western Championship Series.

In any case, I just found it Rude posting your Event in a thread created to Promote our Club Race. I personally would not do that and haven't posted this in the WCORCS thread for just that reason.

Later:
John.
__________________________________________________ _______________
John Bruce
Member of TEAM KAOS
Member of CAM RC

NOT an official of CAM RC in any way shape or form!
I am just a member that tries to help the club in any way I can.
any opinions stated in this message are from me and not necessarily CAM RC

if you want to contact one of the CAM RC administators or officials then
visit their website @ http://www.camrc.ca
or E-Mail

Roger Brown - [email protected]
Adam Brawn - [email protected]
Ronny Zuniga - [email protected]
Old 06-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

John, I think that was an honest mistake. I think Cory might have clicked on the wrong thread when he posted this, or at least I would hope so.

Colin
Old 06-20-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

I can understand that. I may have taken that last post the wrong way too. I just thought I had to say something. To me the issue is over. I said what I wanted. I try not to hold grudges because it gets you nowhere. I hope the Edmonton race is a big success and I hope that CAM RC has an Equally successful Event.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I honestly think CAM RC should get rid of that stupid rule where Monster Trucks can't run a wing unless its body mounted. Thats riduculous. The wing makes the body last 10 times longer plus I feal along with others that it looks better anywase. Something that should honestly be taken into consideration I'll be attending this cash race wether it be all 3 days or just partially Saturday and all day Sunday, we'll have to see? I'll be running 1/8 buggy for sure and possible the Monster Truck class depending on when my freakin parts show up!!
Old 06-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Supermaxx richie, you had BETTER show up, and bring your head with the little hole too

I will find out about the wing thing and get back to you (this thread)
Old 06-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
I honestly think CAM RC should get rid of that stupid rule where Monster Trucks can't run a wing unless its body mounted. Thats riduculous. The wing makes the body last 10 times longer plus I feal along with others that it looks better anywase. Something that should honestly be taken into consideration I'll be attending this cash race wether it be all 3 days or just partially Saturday and all day Sunday, we'll have to see? I'll be running 1/8 buggy for sure and possible the Monster Truck class depending on when my freakin parts show up!!
I think the wing rule should be put to a club vote, there are truggies allowed to run with monster trucks which have an advantage of specific designed lower CG as they are basically a buggy with a truck body and wider stance. So to even it up Revo owners put the wings on and they do more than stabilize them in high speed but they also help save the body and rear ends.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

I agree with you both. I think it would be a good issue to bring up at the Drivers meeting. If it came to a vote at the driver's meeting I would support a chassis mounted wing.

Hey Flatline__, Does it sound like a reasonable request?

(way to throw you in the middle of it. heh... )
Old 06-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Well, um, err....ya. uh.....kinda...hmm...uh.

AND THATS MY ANSWER!
Old 06-23-2005, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Yup, sounds good to me, lets put it to vote at the Cach race
Old 06-26-2005, 01:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Here is some footage of the Club Race from this weekend. It should give you an idea of how rough the track is after no maintenance for a month. Be prepared for an OFF ROAD race next weekend. ;D

http://www.teamkaos.ca/video/kamikazecashrace.wmv

A quick video and ad for the Cash race on the Canada Day long Weekend.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well it looks like most of the top racers in the lower main land
Will be coming out to this race
It will be a great race with lots of competition if you don’t
Race drop by and watch you will have a great time
Old 06-29-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

So this vote we are going to have on the wether or not to allow wings on MT's should be on Sunday. I'll be at the track on Friday morning for a couple hours for practice but can't make it Saturday. I'll be there Sunday attempting the bump up and I figure the vote should be made on Sunday morning

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.