Wiki Posts
Search

RCRE RC pro race may 24-26 Canceled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default RCRE RC pro race may 24-26 Canceled

Due to circumstances beyond our control where unfortunately going to have to cancel the RC pro race sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I hope everyone is okay, but now I have to try to cancel my hotel reservation that has a no cancellation policy...
I'm sure I'm not the only one............
Old 05-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RCRE

A few hours ago,RCRE received a cease and desist order for RC vehicle operating at our current location. Unfortunately, and beyond our control, we have to cancel the rcps rnd 1 race. Club races are cancelled until further notice while we clear off the property and look for relocation opportunities.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Ken Bekar
President, RCRE
Old 05-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nice I just booked my hotel room and it is less than 24 hours so I can not cancel.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chongo
I hope everyone is okay, but now I have to try to cancel my hotel reservation that has a no cancellation policy...
I'm sure I'm not the only one............
Me too man, cost me some pretty large money since it's less than 1 day. Could have cancelled yesterday for free, not today though.

Oh well I guess.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

this is messed up and it sucks balls
not happy
Old 05-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hoping everything will work out. Is their anyway this could become a on-road event? So no one lose's hotel money. Its just a idea.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Really sorry that this happened. I know how much hard work has gone into this track, this event, and this club. I feel for the out of town guys, who have the personal, and financial inconvenience; but please try to understand the much larger loss to this group of guys.

Joe
Old 05-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Oh man that sucks for you guys up there ! I raced a club race with you , late last year and was very impressed with the great racing facility you guys had built . Very sorry to hear this .
Old 05-23-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

I understand the frustrations, but the club had no choice. The club posted here as soon as they got the final word from the lawyers .......... no race and the site will be monitored by the RCMP throughout the weekend for activity.
The executive is devastated at the moment ........... they spent a ton of time and money getting the new track ready for this weekends event and are now left with the task of tearing it all apart and getting off the site by the 31. Not to mention the task of finding a new site.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Did the owner of the land ask the club to leave? Is there a lease agreement in place?
Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Schs2013
Hoping everything will work out. Is their anyway this could become a on-road event? So no one lose's hotel money. Its just a idea.
I apolgize if my idea offended(or seemed insensitive) , i understand as well joe.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

Without going into details (not my place), the person who rented the land to the club turned out not to be affiliated with the true land owners hence the issue.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by svengali
Without going into details (not my place), the person who rented the land to the club turned out not to be affiliated with the true land owners hence the issue.
Brutal. I can't imagine the sense of loss that RCRE is feeling after being deceived like this.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by svengali
I understand the frustrations, but the club had no choice. The club posted here as soon as they got the final word from the lawyers .......... no race and the site will be monitored by the RCMP throughout the weekend for activity.
The executive is devastated at the moment ........... they spent a ton of time and money getting the new track ready for this weekends event and are now left with the task of tearing it all apart and getting off the site by the 31. Not to mention the task of finding a new site.
Devastated isn't the best word to use to describe the situation, as I and everyone else I'm sure used better ones.
It's however the kindest one.

We all understand your plight!
Once the dust settles hopefully everyone can work together with new energy for the rejuvenation of RCRE.