Driven Carshow Race

Old 05-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Friday at two, I'll be there!
What about the rest of you? Cars, scantily clad young ladies and racing too!!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:13 AM
isb
Tech Adept

Walter S
Jim chapman
Josh Carter
Ian Buchan
Scott West
John
Carter
Darren Harris
Rod Little
luke
Old 05-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

OK, we need to know if we'll have anyone else with a pickup to help move the track on Friday. Ill be there with my truck but it's only a 5.5' box, we need one more truck preferrably with a long box for the rug and some boards. Keep in mind we also have to move the gear back to the HSC Saturday night. LMK

Jim C.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:28 PM
isb
Tech Adept

Default truck

Originally Posted by pcar951
OK, we need to know if we'll have anyone else with a pickup to help move the track on Friday. Ill be there with my truck but it's only a 5.5' box, we need one more truck preferrably with a long box for the rug and some boards. Keep in mind we also have to move the gear back to the HSC Saturday night. LMK

Jim C.
Ok got a truck now we need a driver anyone who can do that call me(Ian) at the shop. (403) 291-2733
Old 05-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Walter S
Jim chapman
Josh Carter
Ian Buchan
Scott West
John
Carter
Darren Harris
Rod Little
luke
CHUCK 0000000000
Old 05-09-2013, 05:44 PM
isb
Tech Adept

Walter &
Robyn S
Jim chapman
Josh Carter
Ian Buchan
Scott West
John
Carter
Darren Harris
Rod Little
luke
CHUCK 0000000000
Darren
Rick
Still looking for a driver.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:03 AM
isb
Tech Adept

Walter &
Robyn S
Jim chapman
Josh Carter
Ian Buchan
Scott West
John
Carter
Darren Harris
Rod Little
luke
CHUCK 0000000000
Darren
Rick
Ok got a driver, now who all is going to be at the club to help load out?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Ok I'm in town and ready to drive downtown. How exactly do I get into the saddle dome with my gear and my table? Am I able to drive through the loading bay doors?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Olympic Oval at the U of C dude! Not the 'dome. http://www.drivenshow.ca/calgary/index.html
Old 05-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

This explains a lot of things.

Thx

LoL
Old 05-13-2013, 08:16 PM
isb
Tech Adept

Default thank you

To all the racers that helped make the Driven car show happen thank you. to the intrepid three that stayed to the bitter end a special thanks. here's hoping next year is even bigger and better.

Last edited by isb; 05-14-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Driven 2013

Lots of pretty things to see this year, some even had wheels.

Show appeared to be not super busy, but still lots of interest with the RC cars. Popular with the crowd were the drift cars, the speed of the mod cars, and close races with drivers rubbin' and racin'.

Next year, if there is a next year, we should modify the format to cater to the spectators. In my opinion, we should focus the schedule of the day for spectators to sign up and race - both drift cars and minis. The touring car / mod car demonstrations should be purely demonstrations, with the intent of the event being on entertainment and promotion.

Ian has run this event for a long time (big thanks ) and it is stressful and makes for a long day.

Next year, I volunteer to step up and help out with the planning so that Ian can co-ordinate in the background with the event organizers.

Any other thoughts on how to improve?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hprt
Lots of pretty things to see this year, some even had wheels.

Show appeared to be not super busy, but still lots of interest with the RC cars. Popular with the crowd were the drift cars, the speed of the mod cars, and close races with drivers rubbin' and racin'.

Next year, if there is a next year, we should modify the format to cater to the spectators. In my opinion, we should focus the schedule of the day for spectators to sign up and race - both drift cars and minis. The touring car / mod car demonstrations should be purely demonstrations, with the intent of the event being on entertainment and promotion.

Ian has run this event for a long time (big thanks ) and it is stressful and makes for a long day.

Next year, I volunteer to step up and help out with the planning so that Ian can co-ordinate in the background with the event organizers.

A big thanks to everybody that helped out, I really enjoyed hanging out with all who was there, Scott's idea sounds good on the intent of trying to promote the hobby we love so much with letting people sign up and try these "toys"

Hope to see everybody on the 26 at Karz.

Darren
Old 05-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hprt
I like your idea Scott, I have many minis that I could bring out as well to provide the crowds the oportunity to mini heats amongst each other to get them hooked.

I think there should be a "information flyer" that highlights the two rc clubs of Calgary. The flyer should include club websites, costs, and any pertinent information. Information on kit prices and where to purchase the kits should be included also as many people asked questions about the cars. We have equipment at the shop (Anwalt) to put together banners or small info signs for those whom are not interested or get overlooked when we are doing such an event.

Thanks to all involved as we had a great time racing cars. I had a great time interacting with the people, it was important as many had questions.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Default Suggestions

First thanks to Ian Buchan for rounding up the troops, the guys that help move stuff back and forth to the Horseshoe club, the racers and the guys that help promote our hobby at the show, and Scott for stepping up next year.

It’s unfortunate I could not attend for the second year in a row. If I can, I’ll throw my hat in to help out.

Looking to next year, I have a few suggestions:

- Promote the event early to both Carcar and Karz Members and get a confirmed number of racers or don’t do the event.

- Get a truck ready and confirmed for carpet transport and confirmed people willing to load up the day before the event AND the evening after the event.

- I know one of the reasons to go is to race. Stick with Mini, TC stock and TC Mod. Do like 4 –5 rounds and a finals depending on time.

- Have racers that are willing not to have to race all the time (I volunteer for this) run the mic to make the racing exciting for the spectators, run the drift area where people can try out the cars in a confined area. I know I hear that it would be great to get these newbies on the track. Great idea but can also be an expensive idea but Carcar would be willing to absorb some of the costs. Maybe have spectators try out the drift car and if they seem like they are not just gonna mash the throttle trigger, offer them a chance to “qualify” to drive the mini’s on the track in between heats of our club racing where a club member can stand behind a spectator and help them around the track (turning down throttle settings I suggest). Maybe even offer up a prize like a gift certificate from PM Hobbycraft. Maybe even have PM Hobbycraft employee help out. Just an idea.

- I think someone mentioned a brochure with info and such. Great idea. Who wants to take the lead on this?

I firmly believe we need a large turnout of club support to make this event successful as it has been in the past. Just my opinion.

Ivan

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.