Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
1/8th onroad nitro racing in the lower mainland? >

1/8th onroad nitro racing in the lower mainland?

1/8th onroad nitro racing in the lower mainland?

Old 02-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 1/8th onroad nitro racing in the lower mainland?

Hello! Just getting a sense for what kind of racing is rolling along for the Lower Mainland. Is there anyone racing 1/8th scale onroad? If not anyone interested in ripping around? I saw that RRR is racing in Richmond. Are their any 1/8th guys going there? I would love to find a group localy so as to not have to go south every time.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

We will be running 1/10th nitro this year keep checking for updates. We would love to run 1/8th but the labour to set up the track is more then we have at the moment .
Get your car ready and join the fun .
Old 02-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Fasteddie!

I sadly don't have a 1/10 at the moment. But that may be next on the list. I would be more then happy to put in any time and effort to get things rocking at a 1/8th scale level. I know a few people around that would love to run their 8th scale too. Either way im sure you'll see me around!

Cheers

T
Old 02-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Not to derail

But what classes are going to be running at RRR, or whats going to be popular. I'm shelving the nitro 1/10 this year due to a string of bad luck with motors and am trying to figure out what will be the next toy.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Rookie

To me it sounds like 1/10 is the focus. Nothing wrong with the 1/10. But I personally love 1/8, and nitro. Talking with Norm at Race Tech. Sounds like there are a few more people getting 1/8th scale setups. This is good. Perhaps with enough interest we can find a way to set up a track. I hear the one south of the border is one of the best in the world. But would be really great to have one here so were not travelling 5 hours just to race. 1/8th would be so much fun!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Rookie

There is that Serpent 966-e ....

Wonder how that holds up against the nitro 1/8ths.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Our groups primary back ground is nitro 1/10th on-road and 1/10th scale electric touring car but we welcome all classes .We will be starting our season in the middle of May.

Some of us have 1/8th nitro cars and bring them out on special ocassions
in preparation for the big race at Timezone raceway coming in June.

I would say if you got a 1/8th scale and you could drive it without bouncing off the barriers it should be alright. Otherwise, get the nitro or electric touring car or world gt. With the right set up you will be flying and you will get a lot of help at the track .
Old 02-26-2013, 12:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by biped
There is that Serpent 966-e ....

Wonder how that holds up against the nitro 1/8ths.
I'm sure its very comparable performance wise. It comes down to personal preference. I just like the whole nitro thing. The tuning of the engine, the sound. Allot of the same things I love about motor sports in general. Nothing against electric of course, they have tons of good points. But for me Nitro has more of that motor sport feel to it.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by fasteddie d
Our groups primary back ground is nitro 1/10th on-road and 1/10th scale electric touring car but we welcome all classes .We will be starting our season in the middle of May.

Some of us have 1/8th nitro cars and bring them out on special ocassions
in preparation for the big race at Timezone raceway coming in June.

I would say if you got a 1/8th scale and you could drive it without bouncing off the barriers it should be alright. Otherwise, get the nitro or electric touring car or world gt. With the right set up you will be flying and you will get a lot of help at the track .
Thanks for the great info Fasteddie. Its great to get the insight into the local action. Truth be told, Im seriusly looking at the Xray 1/10 nitro just so i can play along with you guys. But I'll always have my RX8 close by in the hopes I can run it. For me its the perfect scale and I really love it! I'll see you out there.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Xray and Serpent are the two brands that are primarily run at the track for nitro .
You are will be guaranteed to get the help .
We can't wait for the summer season to begin.

Drivers start your engines ! lol
Old 02-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

The Timezone race is in July ...Sorry about that .
Old 02-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Tech Rookie

The Timezone race is in July ...Sorry about that .
Im really stoked too! I want to get allot of practice in before the Timezone race. Would you know of any good parking lots around that a guy could go to run their 1/8th? Really all I need is an open space that I can practice. Of course it would be more fun to do it with other good people that have cars the same class. But at this point I just want to fire up the car, tune it in and practice my turns.

Can't wait for summer!!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

RRR is your best bet .We are going to ask the local shops to put up a schedule very soon .
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Tech Rookie

RRR is your best bet .We are going to ask the local shops to put up a schedule very soon .
Awesome, awesome. Sounds good!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Rookie

May can't come fast enough ...