Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Grande Prairie Model Racers Association >

Grande Prairie Model Racers Association

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grande Prairie Model Racers Association

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 151 votes, 1.58 average.

Old 05-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Photos

If you can size the photos so that they take up about 70k per photo, you can email them to me and I'll throw them on the web site.

[email protected]
Old 05-05-2005, 08:29 AM
gkb
Tech Adept

Default Track work

I will be renting the vibrating plate today for people to use. I will be calling people to help with the track today. This will be a perfect day to do it because the track is slightly moist from the light rain so it should form properly and not be so dusty.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default dudes

Hey the track is in and she looking pretty good. A little around the edges but good. Got some rain today and that should help.
got the revo in a few days ago but no time to break her in.
Later dudes.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default Oh No! Not another Revo!

Are you still going to race stadium truck Rob?

Saturday will be my first official race! I've got the 18SS all ready to go. I've adjusted the front and rear camber for the loose track. Just a little toe out to help in the tight corners, and I've added a little more preload on the shocks.

The engine seems to be running good, thanks to Gary's tuning tips.

I built a tire balancing jig, and used a little hot melt glue inside the rims to balance them out. The truck runs super smooth now with the balanced tires.

I'm still using the rear diff out of the old MT2 (after my incident with the driver's stand taking out a bevel gear and bending a shock shaft...). It's not built as solid as the new 18SS gear boxes and diffs, so hopefully it will hold together.

I also changed the gearing from 48/15 on spur and clutch bell to 52/15. This changes the ratio from 3.2:1 to 3.47:1. It seems to have slowed the truck down just a little, and should give it a bit more punch. (I don't need HPI's advertised 46 mph on the race track...)

I updated my "Grande Prairie RC Action" web site with some more photos and videos. I ran out of room on the pathetic 10 megs of personal web space that Telus gives. Their prices were too high to buy more space, so I found a web site hosting service that gives 2 Gigs of space for about $10.00 per month. I will move the web site over in a few days.

That's it for me. See you all at the races on Saturday!

Last edited by MadHacker; 05-05-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default 18SS Photo, Prior to Racing...

I decided to take a half decent photo of my truck tonight, before I race it on Saturday and scratch it all up.
Attached Thumbnails Grande Prairie Model Racers Association-18ss-front-side-cropped-compressed.jpg  
Old 05-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Messed up video links on web site

Sorry guys, I noticed that the links on the video page of my web site were messed up (there were a few hits to that page, so someone probably noticed the problem). I've fixed them now.

If anyone runs across a problem with the site, please let me know. [email protected].

Thanks
Old 05-06-2005, 08:38 AM
gkb
Tech Adept

Default Track work

We did more track work yesterday with a vibrating plate. Thanks to Revoman (Jamie) for putting in a lot of the time yesterday. Also thanks to Trevor for fixing the vibrating plate when it broke down. And finally to John for getting us the equipment for free!!
Old 05-06-2005, 08:39 AM
gkb
Tech Adept

Default Weather

Well it looks like we are going to get the rain that we have been asking for to get our track worked in, but it looks like it may rain on our first race day (not good). I will let you know what our contingency plan is going to be.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default dang weather

well I ha ve bin doing so research and well there is the od chance other wise every one start doing the sun dance and pray hard any whoo you all have good night and please get ahold of us if its ON and I did check the track at lunch today and it is sucking that rain in so there is a plus to all this good thought guys
Old 05-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Dammit Gary why'd you have to do the rain dance on thursday?! I suppose the sky got scared of you shaking that thang (*shudders in horror at the mere thought*) and decided to rain, alot!
Old 05-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default looking better

my end of the world is looking good 9am I see parts of blue sky
anyone heading to t he track to see whats happen
or goof around
Old 05-07-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Racing is on! Forecast looks decent, most important of all no rain.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:14 PM
gkb
Tech Adept

Default First Race

Well, not the best turn out for the first race. A lot of the guys showed up late so we didn't end up running the races. Only 4 S/T showed up & 2 1/8 Buggys. The rest were M/T. Looked like everyone still had fun today. Let's make sure we are all ready to race by the next race date.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, next Saturday everyone needs to be at the track by 11:00am! Then we can start racing at noon. Or mabye we should start a wee bit later? Mabye start the racing at 1:30pm since it seems like most people have a hard time getting out there in time for a race at noon.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ya hay wake up hay lol

or better yet lets say its going to start at 12 and realy it startes at 1 then they will all show up at 12 and be ready by 1 how about that lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 151 votes, 1.58 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.