Alberta 2013 RCPS Schedule

Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Default Alberta 2013 RCPS Schedule

Hi Everyone - We've been getting asked if the dates have been finalized yet for this season so people can get their holidays booked ............ well here they are!

Here are the dates:

Round 1 - May 24 - 26 - Edmonton
Round 2 - June 21 - 23 - Stettler
Round 3 - July 19 - 21 - Grande Prairie
Round 4 - August 16 - 18 - Red Deer

The Nationals will be held in Alberta this year September 13 - 15 location to be announced shortly.

Last edited by svengali; 01-07-2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: .
Old 01-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up Can't Wait!

Can't wait for this season to start already. The Competition keeps getting better and better amongst the top drivers in Canada that participate in the series. The Series is " Fun & Competitive" hopefully we will see more Albertans participate this year. The Eastern guys may dwarf us in attendance but i'm still confident the Alberta racers have plenty of fight to contend with any of the eastern canadian rivals :P

Edmonton's new track location has a great new layout and dirt that resembles US tracks, the track is also sheltered by trees so wind factor is minimal.

http://www.rcracersedmonton.ca

See you guys soon, Edmonton welcomes ALL of you, if your not a fan of the series come out and race anyways
Old 01-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default FML!!

FML !!!! everyone of those dates Im working , I cant believe my bad luck I gotta get a new job ughhhh Anyway , +1 on what Will said
Old 01-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chadmeth1
FML !!!! everyone of those dates Im working , I cant believe my bad luck I gotta get a new job ughhhh Anyway , +1 on what Will said
http://ledcor.com/careers

Later,
Old 01-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Venues added
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

How many RCpro events do you have to race, to be able to race the national final?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by "G-DOT"
How many RCpro events do you have to race, to be able to race the national final?
I think 1. And 2 plus the final to be in the running for a plaque.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by "G-DOT"
It all depends ............... to be eligible for the National Championship you need to have scored points in at least one race. The more races attended in your region the more points you bring into the race through points equalization.

In 2012 we opened up the Nats (held in Quebec) to everyone. What this meant is those who were just able to attend the Nats for whatever reason were able to race but did not score any points towards the championship.
This seemed to work well for the series and the racers only able to commit to travelling to one race hence we will be allowing the same thing at the 2013 Canadian Nationals.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm hoping to be able to make it to at least some of theses R/C Pro series races this year!

I remember reading something about #'s before...? I've never raced in the R/C Pro serires races before, is there anything I need to know?

Also, can anyone recommend hotels/motels in each of the locations that are r/c friendly (ie. easy to unload/store all your gear each night)?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jordan, I will get in touch with the Stettler hotels and see what I can find out for good rates. We will allow camping at the Stettler track again this year, for anyone that has trailers. I feel it went well last year everyone respected the property and I didn't have to pick up garbage where the trailers were and nothing was damaged. I can't even see weather causing a problem. We have a great gravel road into out track, thanks to the great people at the town of Stettler, and Stettler County.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jordan Anderson
I'm hoping to be able to make it to at least some of theses R/C Pro series races this year!

I remember reading something about #'s before...?
Jordan, check out the attached PDF for numbers. This is for Series points scoring purposes, find an empty spot and email this address to claim your number. most guys like to run the number plates on the wings of there vehicles. Either LD graphics or NXGRAPHICS can make some number plates for you.

hope that helps
Attached Files
Old 01-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

The GPMRA is pleased once again to host this series.

We're working towards doing a major track overhaul this year so be prepared for anything when you come up to Grande Prairie.

As for Hotels, all of them in and around GP have easy access to our facility. Just find one that fits in your budget. Google is your best bet. Shoot me a PM if you want my personal opinion of any of them.

Can't wait for this season to start.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Red Deer is also very excited about hosting our leg of this awesome series. Jordan as far as hotels there are a ton to pick from, just pick the price range and your set. If you need a place to store your gear for the weekend or leading up to our race let me know I have a big garage and you are more than welcome to storing some gear in there. I must warn you if you qualify better than me (probably will) I may tweak your new Z car a bit to level the field
Old 01-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Will61
Jordan, check out the attached PDF for numbers. This is for Series points scoring purposes, find an empty spot and email this address to claim your number. most guys like to run the number plates on the wings of there vehicles. Either LD graphics or NXGRAPHICS can make some number plates for you.

hope that helps
Thanks for posting that info, I was wondering about this as well.

Looking forward to making it out to some races this season.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Will61

hope that helps
Thanks!

Where do you place your number on the short course trucks? Are there square number stickers available for short course trucks?

Also, is there a novice/kids class at the RC Pro races?

Is the location chosen for the r/c pro nationals? Could be snowing in AB by Sept...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.