Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
WCICS ROUND 7 (FINALS) – CARCAR Calgary, March 22nd to 24th, 2013 >

WCICS ROUND 7 (FINALS) – CARCAR Calgary, March 22nd to 24th, 2013

WCICS ROUND 7 (FINALS) – CARCAR Calgary, March 22nd to 24th, 2013

Old 11-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default WCICS ROUND 7 (FINALS) – CARCAR Calgary, March 22nd to 24th, 2013

Look at the title again. Make sure you have the right date on your calendars!

JUST GETTING SOME INFO UP FOR NOW, WILL REGULARLY UPDATE (IN RED)!

WCICS Website: www.wcics.ca, http://wcics.sarcarclub.com/WCICS.html (apparently someone is still updating site too!)

RACE DATE: March 22-24, 2013

TRACK LOCATION:
Calgary Horseshoe Club
4310 - 78th Ave SE
Calgary, Alberta

TRACK DETAILS:
92' X 36’ Ozite with Clik-Trak Barrier System
AMBrc / RC Scoring Pro
Tables, Chairs and 120V power provided. Bring your own extension cords and a Pit Towel to keep the tables clean please.

CLASSES / RULES:
http://www.wcics.ca/classes_rules/

Demo Class(es)

1. Mod Mini (Rules I got so far: Any Tamiya Mini Chassis (hybrids included), Any Onroad Rubber Tires, Open motor(s)/ESC). As long as any modification does not cause damage to the carpet I'm okay with.

Entries:
- Timbulb
- Matt
- Alnoor
- Walter
- Scott W.
- Colin H.
- Jim E.
- Aaron F.

2. F1 (foam or rubber....haven't decided yet)

Entries:
- Ivan (can do either)
- Earl (foam)
- Alnoor (foam)
- Aaron F. (foam)
- Erwin (foam)

ENTRY FEES:
1st class: $35
2nd class: $15
3rd class: $10
4th class and more: $5 each (OH YAH!)
Race Fees for Out of Province Racers: $35 first class, $45 (Total) 2 classes up to 7
Touring Stock / Touring Super Stock Jaco Blue Spec Tires: $30

PRE-REGISTRATION
http://www.wcics.ca/register/

CORPORATE HOTEL SPONSOR
Best Western (3 Calgary Locations)
Toll Free: 1800-666-5026 or book online http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwest...iq_id=33802162
Corporate ID: 01524140
Discount Rate: 20%

Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
86 Freeport Blvd NE
Calgary‎ Alberta‎ T3J 4X7
Canada

Best Western Port O’call Hotel
1935 McKnight Blvd NE
Calgary‎ Alberta‎ T2E 7C4
Canada

Best Western Airport Inn Calgary
1947 18 Ave NE
Calgary‎ Alberta‎ T2E 8N5
Canada

I recommend booking online with the corporate ID code. Last time I checked, it's refundable till the day before actual stay date.

I also recommend the first location as that's the newest one and I hear the continental breakfast was pretty good. Time from track is about 20 minutes.

The last location is the closest to track. 15 minutes maybe? Second location is in between.

SCHEDULE

Friday, March 22th, 2013
12pm - 6pm: Doors Open / Open Practice
6pm – 9pm: Controlled Practice and Registration
9pm - 11pm: Concourse and Driver’s Meeting, Open practice to follow

Saturday, March 23, 2013
7am – 8:30am: Controlled Practice and Registration
9:00am – 7:30pm: Qualifying Starts (3 Rounds with a resort after Rounds 2 and 3)
7:30pm (approximately): WCICS optional Dinner and Bar is open AND Open Practice
11:00pm: Doors closed

Sunday, March 24, 2013
7am – 9 am: Controlled Practice
9am: 4th Round Qualifying
1pm (approximately): Mains
5pm (approximately): Trophy Presentations

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Open odorless traction compound. Examples: SXT, Jack the Gripper, Niftech
- Wifi (for race results only) will hopefully be available
- 50/50 draw and door prizes
- DEDICATED Race Director responsible for entry, computer, tech issues
- Canteen available serving Breakfast / Lunch / Saturday Dinner. Drinks and snacks will also be available
- OPTIONAL dinner (we’re deciding still on dinner menu) on Saturday night (you decide if you want to participate when you register to race) with BAR open (NOT OPEN BAR) during dinner.

A lot of work is going into making this your best possible experience at our Calgary WCICS race! Any questions feel free to PM me or post on this thread.

Ivan

Last edited by BoneCrusher; 03-17-2013 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Update!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default WCICS.ca Race Registration Page

WCICS.ca Race Registraton Page

Thanks to the tireless efforts of Jaques at VPN, the WCICS online registration system is ready to be released!

Please navigate to www.WCICS.ca to register for the upcoming races. Going forward, the intent is to use this system to register for any of the races in the WCICS series. Currently, racers are eligible to register for Round 3 - Karz race (November 30, 2012), Round 4 – Irocc race (January 4, 2013) and the Finals – CARCAR race (March 29, 2013).

To be counted in the fun, click the “Register with WCICS” tab at the top of the home page, and follow the instructions. When your registration is complete, you should receive an email to the address you entered confirming your login (email and password). Registration is only required once - future access is through the “Login” tab.

Once logged in, you will notice the Racer’s Home, My Profile, See Who’s Racing and WCICS Drivers tabs. Explore around and see who is planning to attend the future races, edit your classes and information under “My Profile”, and see the list of drivers and the clubs they represent.

To register for a particular race, simply click the “Register” tab next to the race date listed on the Racer’s Home page. We are working on listing the home clubs for each race on this page, but for now, navigate to the Schedule tab to see where the races will be held.

The main reason for this registration system is that it creates a database of registered drivers for each event which can be uploaded directly into RC Scoring Pro, making race-day registration 1000 times easier for the host club race directors. Please make every effort to pre-register for the events you are planning to attend.

Again, Hats off to Jacques for all his hard work putting this together – it is greatly appreciated.

If you need assistance, please PM me! Hope to see you at the track!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Bump!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Id like to come to this race. I wont know until closer to middle of february if it fits in the budget, but id be in for both 12th scale, TC stock and maybe tc mod. depends if someone else from irocc wants to come share a room with me.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by valk
Id like to come to this race. I wont know until closer to middle of february if it fits in the budget, but id be in for both 12th scale, TC stock and maybe tc mod. depends if someone else from irocc wants to come share a room with me.
Would be great if you can make it!

Blake made it last year so you could ask him his experience with traveling costs and traveling / packing RC gear on a plane from Victoria.

Also, out of towners get to run 2 to 7 classes at the same price! TC stock and 12th stock are your basic classes and if you wanna travel light and run more classes, you could convert both those chassis to TC Mod and 12th Superstock with a simple motor / gearing change and a few pushes of your ESC buttons to get the right program for the class you’re in. That’s 4 classes for the price of 2 (more track time!!!) and you’ve got at least 3 – 4 hours between rounds so that’s plenty of time for wrenching if that’s what you like to do.

Also, most hotels now offer sleeping cots for an extra $20 so you could squeeze 3 guys to a room and even save more money!

Ivan
Old 01-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

From what i gather blake makes a lot of races heh. Im poor lol.

Ill look into it in a few weeks after paying some of the holidays off. Prob looking at $650-700 as blake has arrangments already.
Its not hotel that sucks. Moreso westjet ha.
Judging distance to track ill prob rent a car too.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

The 2 options for a demo class this year are Mod Mini and F1. It's one or both (I'll have to check on that). I'll start an entry list anyways.

Mod Mini: Timbulb

F1: Ivan

PM me or post up here.

Ivan
Old 01-27-2013, 06:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I'll bring the F1. Going to be foam of rubber? Just doesn't seem right to run a pan car on rubber
Old 01-27-2013, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

You can add Matt, ALnoor and Walter to that mod mini list.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

iMin.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Here's the rules for Mod Mini since they were discussed on another thread. Any Tamiya M-Chassis, any motor and tires (rubber) you think are gonna work. Use your Jacos if ya want. Myself and others have tried them and there is no advantage to using them.

As long as your chassis is a Tamiya M01, M02, M03, M04, M05, or an M06, strap whatever tires and motor in there and let's race!

Last edited by Timbulb; 01-28-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Timbulb
Here's the rules for Mod Mini since they were discussed on another thread. Any Tamiya M-Chassis, any motor and tires (rubber) you think are gonna work. Use your Jacos if ya want. Myself and others have tried them and there is no advantage to using them.

As long as your chassis is a Tamiya M01, M02, M03, M04, M05, or an M06, strap whatever tires and motor in there and let's race!
Is there a limit to chassis modifictions allowed?
Old 01-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Modify all ya want. I would say no 4wd though. Keep it two wheel drive. I'd love to see a RWD MO3 out there. After driving my 8.5T powered MO3, i've realized that regular s-grips and stock chassis seem to work best for me. But use whatever ya want. Nothing wrong with injecting a little inovation into a mod class. Just make sure your racing an m-chasssis in an m-chassis class.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Timbulb
Modify all ya want. I would say no 4wd though. Keep it two wheel drive. I'd love to see a RWD MO3 out there. After driving my 8.5T powered MO3, i've realized that regular s-grips and stock chassis seem to work best for me. But use whatever ya want. Nothing wrong with injecting a little inovation into a mod class. Just make sure your racing an m-chasssis in an m-chassis class.
I really want to run this:

I'll keep it brushed motors, and it is a mini chassis after all...
Attached Thumbnails -p1030453.jpg  
Old 01-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Limiting it to one motor per car seems reasonable

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.