Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Canadian Onroad Nationals - Mar 8, 9, 10 / 2013 >

Canadian Onroad Nationals - Mar 8, 9, 10 / 2013

Canadian Onroad Nationals - Mar 8, 9, 10 / 2013

Old 01-01-2013, 09:14 AM
mjw
Tech Adept

A late registration last night was the last one for 2012. He put us up to 85 drivers and 193 entries. Tack on another 1/12 scale and SCAR/WGT to ElliotCanada's numbers.

61 days to the registration deadline. Make sure you get your payments in before then. Our sign in table volunteers won't be collecting money trackside and will only be accepting entrants that have prepaid.

Edit: 87/198. I guess I set my sites a little low when I thought it would be nice to hit 200 . How about 250? Think we can hit that mark? At the pace we're going... yeah, I think we can do it. TC 17.5 Blinky is looking huge. 59 cars... so far. One slip in that field could drop you to the next main. I like it

Mike Wilson
[email protected]
www.conrc.com

Last edited by mjw; 01-02-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

198 Pre-entries to Date - are you on the list??? Don't miss the CANADIAN Nationals in March in Welland!
TC Stock 17.5 - 59
TC Super Stock 17.5 Boosted - 38
TC MOD - 11 including Team Xray Andrew Hardman and Team Associated Keven Hebert
Canadian VTA - 40
1/12 Stock - 21
SCAR / World GT - 8
Mini - 21
Total Entries - 198, Only 64 Days until the Nationals!

Enter Here - http://home.cogeco.ca/~canadianonroadnationals/
Old 01-05-2013, 07:26 AM
mjw
Tech Adept

89 drivers with 203 entries. Keep them coming. There are no caps on class sizes.

Mike Wilson
[email protected]
www.conrc.com
Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
mjw
Tech Adept

The latest numbers are 95 drivers / 213 entries. Only 6 drivers away from last years total preregistration count. 55 Days, 52 Minutes to the registration deadline. That's 8 weeks. Due to the tight time restrictions on Saturday, we will likely have to bump up the start time for racing. We are also looking at the possibility of opening the track for practice a little earlier on Friday.

Online drivers list will get updated tomorrow. USB drive with the master list was left in my work computer on Friday. Will update first thing tomorrow when I get there. Had a few names I haven't seen before. That's always a good thing.

Edit: Driver's list is now updated as of 11:30 Jan 7 (see website below)

Mike Wilson
[email protected]
www.conrc.com

Last edited by mjw; 01-07-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 PM
mjw
Tech Adept

Another milestone for the 2013 Cdn Nats. 101 preregistered drivers. this matches our previous record set at last years event. The total count for entries is now at 223.

Mike Wilson
[email protected]
www.conrc.com
Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is getting huge. I know several people who said they'll be coming, but just haven't signed up yet.

I'm glad I booked my room already
Old 01-10-2013, 04:20 PM
mjw
Tech Adept

It is huge, isn't it. I was going over the drivers list from last year and this year. We have nearly 40 drivers that came last year that have not signed up for this year. A large number of them sent in their registration within 2 weeks of the deadline last year. Even if we can get half of them to come back ( I already know a few that are planning to ) we'll top 120 drivers. If 20 people sign up in 2 classes each (we're averaging over 2 classes per driver) we would be over 260 entries. Not bad for a little track in a mall We might have to tell Boston Pizza to reserve the whole restaurant for us this year . It's gonna be a long Saturday.

Mike Wilson
[email protected]
www.conrc.com
Old 01-18-2013, 07:39 PM
mjw
Tech Adept

Regarding ROAR's announcement about the Trinity D3.5 17.5 turn motors. Due to factors including, but not limited to the 10 months this motor has been on the approved list and available for sale to racers, and the time remaining until the Canadian Onroad Nationals, we are going to keep this motor approved for this race event. There are arguments for either side of this decision and we've weighed them carefully. We don't feel that the dust will settle on this issue for a while and just want to get on with racing. While we are following many of ROAR's rules for this event, we are not governed by these rules and have chosen to deviate from them in many areas. This will be another of those areas. For the 2013 Canadian Onroad Nationals it is legal to run Trinity's D3.5 17.5 turn motor in any class that specifies a 17.5 turn motor... or TC Open. You can run it there too if you want.

Mike Wilson
[email protected]
www.conrc.com
Old 01-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Mike just wanted to let you know I posted this info for you on rcracingforum aswell looks like it is going to be an awesome weekend
Old 01-23-2013, 08:22 AM
mjw
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH
Hey Mike just wanted to let you know I posted this info for you on rcracingforum aswell looks like it is going to be an awesome weekend
Thanks, I'll add that one to the list of forums I'm keeping watch on.

Mike
Old 01-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Tech Addict

Talking

Only 43 Days until the CANADIAN On Road Carpet Nationals - 245 Pre-entries to date

Enter here - http://home.cogeco.ca/~canadianonroadnationals/

245 Pre-entries to Date - are you on the list??? Don't miss the CANADIAN Nationals in March in Welland!
TC Stock 17.5 - 77
TC Super Stock 17.5 Boosted - 45
Canadian VTA - 55
1/12 Stock - 24
SCAR / World GT - 9
Mini - 24
Total Entries - 245, Only 43 Days until the Nationals!

Can we get to 100 Entries in STOCK TC????????????????
Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 AM
mjw
Tech Adept

We're well into the traditionally slow registration month of January. Our totals so far are 110 drivers with 245 entries. That puts us 9 drivers over last year and 59 entries.

We have 38 days of registration remaining (Sunday, March 3/2013), so get them in soon. Just a reminder - that is also the payment deadline. If you aren't payed by that date then you are not going to be on the list when you get there on Friday. Our volunteers at the sign in table track side will not be taking payments on the spot, so please get them in by the deadline.

Mike Wilson
[email protected]
www.conrc.com
Old 02-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just under a month left to register. It's up to 122 drivers with a total of 270 entries!

85 drivers signed up for 17.5 blinky TC!

Better sign up and book a hotel soon if you want to be a part of this one.

Last edited by locked; 02-07-2013 at 07:04 AM. Reason: updated numbers instead of creating a new post.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

Only 28 - Yes Twenty Eight Days until the CANADIAN On Road Carpet Nationals - 271 Pre-entries to date

Enter here - http://home.cogeco.ca/~canadianonroadnationals/

271 Pre-entries to Date - are you on the list??? Don't miss the CANADIAN Nationals in March in Welland!
TC STOCK 17.5 - 85
TC Super Stock 17.5 Boosted - 49
Canadian VTA - 59
1/12 Stock - 30
SCAR / World GT - 11
Mini - 25
Total Entries - 271, Only 28 Days until the Nationals!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:44 AM
mjw
Tech Adept

If anyone is coming in a group (more than 4) and would like to sit together then you can drop me an email ([email protected]) and I'll do what I can to seat you together. Keep in mind that large groups will NOT likely be sitting in the room at track side. The largest pit room this year is down the corridor near the main entrance and will probably be where larger groups will be put together. A short walk, but for those of you that came in previous years when we pitted opposite the food court will appreciate not have to walk through there during lunch Smile. I'll see what I can do about finding a floor plan/map of the mall to mark the pit spaces. For last years returning drivers, we have the room that is track side and the third small room from last year, plus this new large one. The middle room from last year is now full of cats. If you want to take home an animal this year, that's where you can adopt one ... and the TQ for TC mod gets this cat - No, I guess that wouldn't be such a good idea

Once again we will be giving away prizes at Boston Pizza on Saturday March 9th after racing either 8pm or 9pm, depending on how the race schedule goes. For those of you that haven't been to this race or to the Boston Pizza, it's just down the road to the North at the next set of lights - maybe 500m.

Mike Wilson
[email protected]
www.conrc.com

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.