Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
OGR 2012-2013 Winter Season Schedule >

OGR 2012-2013 Winter Season Schedule

OGR 2012-2013 Winter Season Schedule

Old 09-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default OGR 2012-2013 Winter Season Schedule

Hello to all, it's that time as weather is getting cooler outside.
Indoor racing will be @ the same place as last year, the church GYM.
For those who are new and don't know where it is below is the address.

Address: 11571 Daniels road Richmond. Off number 5

First announcement is that traditionally we would start the season off with Big Chill. Unfortunately bad news came to me from the Lions Club management that there won't be having this event due to the change of management and financially they are down.

So with that I have been trying to find a venue this summer but nothing is within our reach and a facility that able to accomodate our schdule but our winter season must go on. Below are the dates for the season. Lots of dates but they are subject to changes.

Dates.

Oct 12,13,26,27 DONE

Nov 2,3,16,17 DONE

Dec 14,15,28,29

Jan 18,19

Feb 1,2,15,16

Mar 1,2,15,16,29,20

Apr 12,13,26,27

We are going to do Friday nights for set up like last year and Saturday is full on racing. 3 qualifiers and the main like last year.
Friday nites we shall be there @ 9-9.30pm unless posted for earlier times.

Saturday Registrations opens @ 10-10.30 am. First qualifier @ 11 am. If you are late, you will miss the first qualifiers and will be added in the second one. Hopefully after first heat we break for lunch at 12 or 12.30 and go back to racing . Those who shows up late will have to wait until the next qualifiers.

We could plan on having a day just test and tune as long our rent and expenses are covered. This would be discussed among all of you.

As for TCS for 2012/2013 series. It is yet to come pending on Borgfeldt budget and approval.

So keep posting and checking the thread or on our FB for new updates.
Also this year, we are aiming to gain some more revenue to get the club new track system as last year we stopped short. Any sponsorship from anyone is always appreciated.

Classes for this year.

Touring spec 17.5 (same as last year)
(Spec Jaco Blue tires, Roar min weight applies, blinky mode is a must)
Open to all drivers.

WGT (Same as last year)
Intermidiate and Pro drivers recommended.

Tamiya Mini Spec (slight change for this year, silver can or Orca Spark system allowed but must run with Spec Reedy Wolf packs 2400 or 3000, tamiya tires and bodies only) Novice or Intermidiate drivers recommended.

Tamiya Mini Open (New for this year, open motors,gearing,tires,bodies,batteries but it's only for frt and rear drives only. No 4x4 minis) Intermidiate and Pro drivers recommended.

Tamiya FFO3 Frt wheel drive class (new this year with some change. Spec tires Jaco blue, silver cans or 21.5 with no timing,boost on ESC. Spec esc like Novak GTB2 is encouraged, Tamiya bodies a must to keep the realism of this class, batteries Spec Reedy Wolf packs 2400 or 3000) This is a fun class. So if you have other batteries you want to try it's fine. Open to all drivers. .

Formula one (new this year with some change, new rubber compound tires from Tamiya or Pits Shizmu, silver cans or 21.5 with no timing, boost on ESC. Spec esc like Novak GTB2 is encouraged, Spec Reedy Wolf Packs 2400 or 3000) Intermidiate and Pro drivers recommended.

12 scales (this year depending on how many is actually registered to run as last year numbers fluctuated so much from 17.5 to 13.5 boosted we shall see what you guys want to run) Intermidiate and Pro drivers recommended.

Hope everyone had a good Summer and as time gets closer to our first indoor carpet races, we got lots to prepare for a fun exciting winter season.
This is a place for you to have fun and fun is what we strive on to keep on going for everyone. See you all soon. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by chrisman; 11-18-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Jan 4/5 club dates been cancel for Victoria WCICS race.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Question about the mini open class, can I run a FF01 chassis?
Old 09-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jha07
Question about the mini open class, can I run a FF01 chassis?
Jhao7, unfortunately no. It'll be class with the FF03.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Will there be a gt class?
Old 09-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chrisman
Jhao7, unfortunately no. It'll be class with the FF03.
Thanks. Couple more questions ....

So for the mini open class, M03, M04, M05, M06 are all OK to run?

And a question about the classes with a spec battery. Can I use another brand lipo 2400 or must they be Reedy wolf packs?
Old 09-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

WCICS race in conflict in October 12-14?
Old 09-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

My thoughts:

-Unfortunate about the Big Chill, but perhaps we will use this opportunity to visit another WCICS event that we would have otherwise not attended.

-Jaco Blues: they need to be sold at the track or a local hobby shop has to step up and say, "yes, we will have them in stock all season at a decent price."

-Touring Open class: if we can get the numbers, that will leave stock racing to the newer drivers.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nolo148
Will there be a gt class?
If we get enough guys together ...we shall see nothing is impossible.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
My thoughts:

-Unfortunate about the Big Chill, but perhaps we will use this opportunity to visit another WCICS event that we would have otherwise not attended.

-Jaco Blues: they need to be sold at the track or a local hobby shop has to step up and say, "yes, we will have them in stock all season at a decent price."

-Touring Open class: if we can get the numbers, that will leave stock racing to the newer drivers.
John the Jaco Blues are up to the hobby shops....if the customers buy from them im sure they will stock them. We can only say SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HOBBY SHOPS....they support you more than the online retailers do
Old 09-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Ryan,

Why can you just increase entry for the chill to cover the higher cost the train show is asking for? If we all want to race, we will pay..right guys?.. Or skip the trophy's like the series races in AB/Sask... That will bring the cost of the race down..

I wish I would have known about this, I would have made some efforts in helping to find a new venue for the race... this sucks!
Old 09-08-2012, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by big_gord24
John the Jaco Blues are up to the hobby shops....if the customers buy from them im sure they will stock them. We can only say SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HOBBY SHOPS....they support you more than the online retailers do
I agree. But given that there were 100 sets or so set aside for the big chill, should we not be selling them at the track with the slim, but nonetheless profit going towards the CRC click track? The $30 price on the set is a good price for both the club and racers. I have not seen a local shop with the ability to price them as such.

If we lose out on all the Jaco Blues because of cancelling Big Chill, I would be extremely disappointed, as the profits from selling them went towards OGR funds.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:48 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
I agree. But given that there were 100 sets or so set aside for the big chill, should we not be selling them at the track with the slim, but nonetheless profit going towards the CRC click track? The $30 price on the set is a good price for both the club and racers. I have not seen a local shop with the ability to price them as such.

If we lose out on all the Jaco Blues because of cancelling Big Chill, I would be extremely disappointed, as the profits from selling them went towards OGR funds.

Hi John,

The tires are set aside for the series, they will just forward on to the next race. In this case, Race #2 Penticton, With OGR out.. Edmonton is now the #1 race. If the Host club gives up the race they pretty much give up the profit of selling the tires at the event.

I am sure the LHS's are on the ball with this and will have the JACO BLues in Stock, from what I understand they are available.

Also- I hate to burst your bubble, but I heard CRC is not selling click track right now, something happened with there vendor and it is unavailable... I heard they are looking for another source but have not found one as of yet... Hopefully that get sorted out by the time ORG orders.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:56 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

WHAT..Am I hearing this right .....NO Big Chill...
Old 09-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Ah that sucks.

ah that really sucks.

Originally Posted by Korgae
Hi John,

The tires are set aside for the series, they will just forward on to the next race. In this case, Race #2 Penticton, With OGR out.. Edmonton is now the #1 race. If the Host club gives up the race they pretty much give up the profit of selling the tires at the event.

I am sure the LHS's are on the ball with this and will have the JACO BLues in Stock, from what I understand they are available.

Also- I hate to burst your bubble, but I heard CRC is not selling click track right now, something happened with there vendor and it is unavailable... I heard they are looking for another source but have not found one as of yet... Hopefully that get sorted out by the time ORG orders.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)
Default What to do?

With no Big Chill race, how many people are considering going to the Penticton race in November?

Also is there going to be much interest in 12th scale this year during the club races do you think? The only reason I ask is I only have my 12th scale....the TC is gone.

One last question....is the mini class running the ORCA brushless system for club racing?

Thanks Greg G

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.