Wiki Posts
Search

NORTH OKANAGAN RECON G6 STYLE EVENT PRE RUN

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default NORTH OKANAGAN RECON G6 STYLE EVENT PRE RUN

hi guys and gals, i have completed a two section course here at my house. i would say right now that its about 1600 feet long or more, should take about 1.5 hours to complete? if you were traveling at a scale speed and stuck to the rules and gate markers. i am putting this out here to see if anyone would like to come try it out one weekend. i would like to say the weekend comming up or the following weekend would be a good time. either saturday afternoon or sunday. the course is not 110% finished as i dont think they ever are but there are a few things still needed to be done for sure (trimming some of the thicker weed stocks left behind from the weedwacker) things like that. its totally useable as is tho. so if your up for coming out please reply and we will see what happens. i have to talk with the wife still and get her input on which day/weekend would be best for us. i also might have a third section by then aswell. please note proper footwear would be a must as there is lots of sharp rocks and loose rocks. also misquitos are known to join in on the fun once the sun goes down. im sure we will have the bbq on for after so if you want to bring some food or snacks to eat please feel free.

please note this is out house so please respect that and dont bring your dogs with you as we have one and this is her house. also due to the dry grass all around us smoking is not allowed unless on the patio. i would think an end time of 7 or 8 pm should be okay and probably start around 3 or 4 ?

i dont feel i can charge a fee at this time as its not fully completed but donations would be nice, i would like to buy lots of weed killer to keep groth to a minumum on the course.

the wife and i would also like to host an event here once everything is done and make a day of it. run the classes threw the course one way and then have a meal break for all drivers and run the course backwards.

i will be contacting lhs, manufactures, ect for sponserships/prizes/advertisements such as banners and t-shirts?
if we have enough interest from drivers then this will happen. i will be posting this on a few sites such as rctech in the canadian section aswell as on rccrawler. if there are other good sites please let me know.

i will update as the week goes on about the coming weekends

thanks
Old 07-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

just a quick update, this sunday and next sunday will be open for people to come out and have fun and give there input on what they would like to see added to the course for the big event. i have e-mails sent out to a bunch of companies and contacting more threw out the week to see what they will/can offer for prizes and give aways.