Search

Where to buy quality lipo's in Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TERRA NOVA
I have been communicating with Gens Ace to become a dealer in Canada. If it was to happen, what are the most popular types of batteries that you guys would be looking for? I can't stock everything that Gens Ace sells right away, but I could start with the most popular ones. In order to get a decent price, I would have to buy high quantities of each type of pack.
Let me know what you think.
Speaking as an onroad guy, I would be interested in the highest rated ROAR approved 2S packs they offer. Quite a few guys in Calgary run Gens Ace, but they are more difficult to get now with USPS shipping restrictions. Maybe you could post up what the selection is, and what your approximate pricing would be to get better feedback.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have since lost communication with Gens Ace. As far as I know, everything was set to go. All I needed were prices and availability, but they have not answered my last few emails.
Maybe we need you guys to contact them and stress the importance of a Canadian dealer.
I was holding off ordering my own packs in order to order some Gens Ace packs, but I can't wait much longer.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

There is at least one Gens Ace dealer in Canada I know for sure as I just bought a 6s from them,free shipping too! Huck50
Old 10-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Huck50
There is at least one Gens Ace dealer in Canada I know for sure as I just bought a 6s from them,free shipping too! Huck50
I've read that www.hi-performance.ca is a Gens Ace dealer but only sells to Hobby store.

I'm highly interested in trying those beautiful Terra Nova LiPo with the Canadian Flag on it.

Just got a Losi 8ight-E and I need 4s Lipos.

How is the shipping to Quebec City?
Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by St33v3
I've read that www.hi-performance.ca is a Gens Ace dealer but only sells to Hobby store.

I'm highly interested in trying those beautiful Terra Nova LiPo with the Canadian Flag on it.

Just got a Losi 8ight-E and I need 4s Lipos.

How is the shipping to Quebec City?
Hi-Performance is a Gens Ace Distributor, but with the prices that Gens Ace have been selling for, there is no way they would sell after the Distributor and hobby shop make a profit.

The Terra Nova Hobby Lipos are free shipping anywhere in Canada, if you buy 2.

4S-5200
Old 10-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Huck50
Yes, there are a couple, but do they sell hard case car batteries, or just the soft case?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Traveling with LiPo FYI

From a previous topic there where questions about traveling with LiPo batteries.

Just got back from IIC in Vegas, had 4 lipo packs, my notebook, I-pad, transmitter and two cars in my carry on.

Its the regular clearing of security for the notebook, never even looked at the LiPo packs, but swabbed down the transmitter every time.

Just make sure you pull the batteries out of the transmitter.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Topfuel99
Hi Jamie,

I think for touring car something like 4000-6000mah 40-60c 2s that are roar approved.

Hope that helps
Dean.
I am getting ready to get some packs "ROAR" approved, since it seems to be really important. The packs that I sell come with about 5 pages of test reports that are very similar to the testing that ROAR does, but apparently, it means nothing unless ROAR does the tests.
I have to start with one type of pack, what do you guys think would be a good one? I can do the 6000mah-2S-60C or 5200Mah-2S-50C. There are also some 25C packs, but I don't think anyone that races use lower C ratings like that.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Just make sure you pull the batteries out of the transmitter.

Or just unplugged and leads taped up.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

personally for off-road i'd run the cheapest pack available, as long as it holds a charge and fits Associated SC ( Tight Fit )

As for the label, i don't look for it nor is it really important to me. <---

I'm still using 30 and 40 c batteries from years ago, havent really noticed much of a difference performance wise.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I am getting ready to get some packs "ROAR" approved, since it seems to be really important. The packs that I sell come with about 5 pages of test reports that are very similar to the testing that ROAR does, but apparently, it means nothing unless ROAR does the tests.
I have to start with one type of pack, what do you guys think would be a good one? I can do the 6000mah-2S-60C or 5200Mah-2S-50C. There are also some 25C packs, but I don't think anyone that races use lower C ratings like that.
6000mah-2S-60C. Potential to be used in:
- Touring Car
- 1/10 4x4 SCT
- 1/10 2wd SCT / Buggy / Stadium Truck
Old 11-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have been communicating with Gens Ace to become a dealer in Canada. If it was to happen, what are the most popular types of batteries that you guys would be looking for? I can't stock everything that Gens Ace sells right away, but I could start with the most popular ones. In order to get a decent price, I would have to buy high quantities of each type of pack.
Let me know what you think.
i would like to see the 5000mah 40c 7.4 direct connect
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...se-direct.html

i would buy 4 right now if you had them
Old 11-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dracbec
i would like to see the 5000mah 40c 7.4 direct connect
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...se-direct.html

i would buy 4 right now if you had them
Sorry, I will not be carrying Gens Ace batteries. I was communicating with them working on becoming a dealer. They then ignored me for about 2 weeks. They never replied until I told them I had ordered 100 lipos from another manufacturer. They are looking for a big distributor to sell thousands of their batteries in a short time. The problem is, the big distributors that they are looking for, don't exist in Canada and the big companies in Canada don't want to sell their batteries. Another problem is they are offering their batteries to Canadian dealers at double the price of Hobby Partz retail prices. The batteries that you are talking about are on sale at Hobby Partz are on sale. If you are trying to find them in Canada at that price, good luck. If I did carry them, my cost would be about $50.
The only thing I have that compares to those are:
3500-2S-35C (Almost sold out and not even here yet)
6000-60C-2S
Old 11-19-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Finding competitively priced lipos locally - Impossible!

As much as I would always prefer to support local Canadian business wherever possible, it's just not economically viable in most cases unfortunately.

I have searched locally, high and low to no avail, so I have no option but to source lipos either from the US or the East.
......unless I'm willing to pay between 3 and 4 x the price .... which I'm not!

If anyone happens to know a local supplier who has reasonable prices for decent quality smaller 2S 450mAh 25C - 30C packs (for my 3D foamies), please let me know - Thanks!
Old 11-19-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stryker48
As much as I would always prefer to support local Canadian business wherever possible, it's just not economically viable in most cases unfortunately.

I have searched locally, high and low to no avail, so I have no option but to source lipos either from the US or the East.
......unless I'm willing to pay between 3 and 4 x the price .... which I'm not!

If anyone happens to know a local supplier who has reasonable prices for decent quality smaller 2S 450mAh 25C - 30C packs (for my 3D foamies), please let me know - Thanks!
For competition Lipos, http://www.begoracing.com/shop/ out of Montreal.

For small Lipos, http://www.rctoys.com/ out of Saskatoon.

Both of these are great suppliers of quality Lipo batteries.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.