Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Novarossi Challenge - C.R.E. Raceway, Winnipeg Aug 3-5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

it has been brought to my attention that the RC Signup page is misbehaving for several people, not allowing them to signup or register.... So I will make this clear

Come on down !!! We will not turn anyone away....!!!!!! signup when you get here......
Old 08-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

My P5 all ready to drop in tomorrow morning Neal? Ill give you a call after work.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In case anyone missed it, from the local track thread:
Originally Posted by xc7
Racing is a go for tomorrow! Please be here for 8am, registration closes at 9 so we can get right into qualifiers. We are expecting to finish Mains by 6pm. You must be present to win any of the prizes.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:36 PM
xc7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks to everyone that made it happen, thank you to all the racers and a special thanks to those that traveled the distance. Mother nature won the battle, however I feel after the racing we had today that we definitely won the war. Huge props to the Minessota cerw, Jeff Ford for doing another spectacular job as RD and to Josh/Dan for being the first ones out in the mud helping drain the water.

We decided to remain closed tomorrow instead of having a club race we talked about at the track. Going to spend the entire day with the family. Track will reopen on Wednesday night.

Special thanks to Desoto Racing, Competition Heat and RevolveRC for the prizes.

Thanks to Paul Ciccarello from Desoto Racing and to Billy Easton from Serpent/Novarossi for coming up here and racing with us.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:13 AM
xc7
Tech Addict

I have the results uploaded...
2012 Novarossi Challenge - CRE Raceway - Results

Once again a huge thanks to all that helped make this happen and to all those that traveled the distance.. And and big 'Thank You to our Sponsors' - Novarossi/Desoto Racing, Competition Heat and Revolve RC.

Pics will be posted once we get the links together.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

First of, THANKS for inviting us up again, Josh loves the track !! Actually said that "We should move up there so he could race on it all the time" lol
Now if mother nature would just be kind to us for once, we could have a great weekend of racing. Would have been a relaxed pace of 3 or 4 qualifiers on Saturday and mains on Sunday.. Maybe next time she will cooperate.

John, your link didn't work for me, says access denied..

If there is work needed on a track, Josh will always be out there lending a hand, loves working on them as much as racing on them.

The main reason we were able to get 3 qualifiers in was because the racers were ready to race on time and marshal on time along with the volunteers that jumped out to help when I/we needed them to keep the program rolling along, probably the hardest thing for me is learning vehicles to the names to call the race.

Do you want all the Winnipeg gumbo clay sent back to you that I tracked back home here ? got plenty between what tracked in the trailer and on the RV..lol
Old 08-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Long drive , just got home, but well worth it even despite the rain. The hospitality of the CRE crew shows it's traveling guests is always second to none!
It was great to finally get a chance to see where Neil performs his magic and spend some time bending his ear - thanks again for dinner and all the motor help this weekend
John - Thanks for everything. Hopefully your not too sore today after running into Rob's truggy with your leg (he still feels bad). Enjoy the pocket change.
Thanks to all the sponsors who stepped up and donated prizes for this race as well to Paul and Billy for attending this race. It was great seeing some old faces again (Budz, Nick, Nid) as well as meeting some of the other racers from around Canada and the US.
We'll be back next year for sure.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by svengali
Long drive , just got home, but well worth it even despite the rain. The hospitality of the CRE crew shows it's traveling guests is always second to none!
Always good talking with you Steve, and getting a feel for how things work around the country. Helps me really appreciate CRE!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default Awesome!

Hey all!

Once again, thank you all for attending and participating in a C.R.E Raceway Event!

Thank you all for coming out, thank you all for driving, flying the distances you guys do!

It was such a pleasure to meet all you fellows from near (ON, MN) and far (Cleveland, Florida)! I can honestly say that we all share the love in RC racing and the things we do!

And once again thank you from me to John and Nick for allowing me to revise the design/layout of the track! Unfortunately Mother Nature didn't allow the revised layout to be run after Friday!

I had such an awesome time! A huge huge huge thank you to my awesome awesome awesome wife to let me take the time I need to help out the boys of C.R.E. I love volunteering! Especially walking around bare feet in the 4" of slimy clay! My feet have never been so soft! Next year, if Mother Nature drops the water like Friday and Saturday, we are doing feet spaw's at $80 a pop!

Thank you all for coming, its so worth while and gratifying to host such events!

I can't say enough about just hangin' up the controller and makin' sure that I helped with the track, marshaling and pitting! I had such an awesome time!

Kindest and Most Respectful Regards,
Lawrence "Budz" McCorrister
Old 08-13-2012, 01:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Pictures from Novarossi Challenge

Qualifiers

Mains

Awards / Misc

Condensed the watermark, and cleaned up the naming convention. If you would like some pictures, please copy the thumbnail url of the picture and include it with the file name just so I can be sure of it. Obviously, non-commercial use go hogwild, otherwise let me know.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great pics, awesome race, rain was unfortunate but sunday was amazing!

I was very happy to see that the intermediate class was full of intermediate drivers, unlike some other races i've been too! Had a great time! The trip from Saskatoon was definitely worth it.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well this past weekend was our Novarossi Challenge hosted at my Home track @ C.R.E. Raceway here in Winnipeg Manitoba. After a Successful RcPro Finals last year we were looking to build on that In which I Feel we Did.

Mother nature had Nasty plans from Friday On, At Around 6pm Friday the Skies Opened up and Dumped on us for the better part of the whole Night. We stayed late and Pumped what water We could get off the track in hopes the weather forecast might change for Saturday, Well It wasn't in the cards and while we did Remove all the water......Saturday morning, The Skies Opened up Again for a solid 4-5hrs putting us in the exact same spot as Friday Night. Again we pumped and pushed water the best we could in bare feet to have a somewhat chance at racing Sunday.

Come Sunday the track was "moist" to say the least and we started dusting the Track with Peat moss. About 1/2 hr later the track was dusted and ready for some Racing. Sunny Skies and a High of 28 or 82 with some Light winds.

Racing went as follows, I race my Normal 4 classes, E bug, 4wdSC, Nitro Bug and Trug.

E buggy went Great, Track was a little Tack for Q1 R1 but I managed to keep my cool and take the heat win with a 9 @ 5:19 Round 2 went the same with a Tq for the Round 10 @ 5:28 One of out Out of towner's was a gentleman buy the name of Brandon Alveshere whom ive raced with Countless times down in MN and we've thrown it down in a B-main here or there. His Q2 time was as close as they get 10 @ 5:30. Q3 went about the same Myself with a 10 @ 5:05 and Brandon with a 10 @ 5:06. Close racing to say the least and I knew it would be a Good A-main. Mr Josh Ford had some issues in qualifying but I Knew All too well he would be running with me and Brandon in the Main. Sure enough Josh ran through the field in a matter of laps and was RIGHT on mine and Brandons heels for the first 1/2 the race.
I ran a Clean race till 1 bobble let brandon and Josh By and for the life of me I couldn't catch em. All 3 of us were running near Mirror lap time's so i conceded to taking 3rd and finished in that order. Josh 1st Brandon 2nd and Myself 3rd.

http://clockworkracingengines.com/tm...pen_A-Main.pdf

4wd SC was a Blast, 2 heats and the 2 ringer's were separated, Myself and Mr Peter Leik. Peter's stepped up his Game BIG time in the past year or so. Q1 was All me with a 9 @ 5:12. Peter struggled in the first 2 quali's with a Fast 8 lapper and mediocre 9 lapper. Q2 I bettered my time with a 9 @ 5:10 Setting myself Comfortably as TQ for thh Event. Q3 I skipped and took some time to relax. Peter on the other hand took that Q3 to say "hey Nick, This aint Over till its over" and slapped up a time of 9 @ 5:06 but still too little too late to deny me my TQ.

Main Time came and Me and Peter checked out on the field. Peter sat RIGHT on my Butt for the first few laps and it took a Gravity flip (SERIOUSLY off Camber turn bit me good) to let peter by. I did that Stupid gravity flip Multiple laps in a row before I Slapped myself and Said "NO MORE". Peter held the lead for a few laps and we went back and forth at least 3-4 times before the tone went off and Peter took the Win with myself barely 1.5 seconds behind.

http://clockworkracingengines.com/tm...uck_A-Main.pdf

Nitro's went a little differently, Well start out with Truggy, Qualifying went well, Q1 Started out with a 10 @ 5:35 to Peter's 10 @ 5:31 Our Out of Town Guest Traveling with Billy Easton was Serpent Team Manager Paul Ciccarello who was Super Fast in Practice Friday and Started with a 9 @ 5:01 Just shy of Mine and Peter's Time. Our Other Out of Town Guest Traveling from Minnesota was Mr Josh Ford whom Ive raced with Oodles of time's and have always Had a Blast. Q2 For Myself didn't go as Planned, For some reason my motor Flamed off the Big Triple the Second it touched down, Resulting in a throw out. Paul C Went on to Take Round 2 with a 10 @ 5:20, Josh a 10 @ 5:21 and Peter a 10 @ 5:27 Q3 Unfortunately I had motor issues again and for some reason it Flamed out as it Slapped off either big Triple's. Paul C again went on to take Q3 with a 10 @ 5:26.1 to Peter's 10 @ 5:26.9 This Time it was Josh's turn to Sit on the Bubble with a 9 @ 5:00.6

Q1 for Buggy I decided to take a pass and Plan my Track Maintenance schedule with the boys. Track was grooving in Nicely and the peat was doing its job, As Round 1 was wrapping up I Started to push a little of the Offline Peat On the Sticky Corner's So when i Pack with my Roller I wont Stick and Peel. 10-15 of Track maintenance and Round 2 was On. Q1 Saw Josh Ford Topping the Table's with a 10 @ 5:28 to Billy Easton's 10 @ 5:29 Wow to Out qualify a World Champion, That would feel Great. Q2 Went Ok to say the least, a 9 @ 5:13 Far off the 10 lapper needed to be in the Top 3. Billy took Round 2 Tq with a 10 @ 5:22 followed by Paul C with a 10 @ 5:27 And Evan a 10 @ 5:34 Q3 Went As best as it can get with a 2nd for the Round making that Magical 10 @ 5:29 Billy was in his Own Realm with a 10 @ 5:13 Evan T took 3rd for the Round. So as Qual points Sit i Was starting 5th for the A.

Main Time, Lol we'll Start with Truggy, Got a Good Killer Start on the Down and Quite due to 5th place man Lee S absolutely Snoozing at the Tone. 5th place into Corner 1 and with some smooth Inside line Driving I came out 2nd after the Initial Start Shuffle Right behind Paul C...... Paul, Myself and Josh Ford pulled out a small lead over the field within the first few laps But after a few more it was more Me and Paul Battling it out. I clocked the Fastest lap of the Race on lap 7 Trying to Catch Paul In which I did @ lap 18. Unfortunately I wasn't in the cards and my motor flamed out on lap 21 Dropping me to 4th, Tried to catch back up to the Leader's but it Just wasn't gonna happen. Turns out it was a Low idle and just needed an hour or 2, Grrrrr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVBX-leTzjY

http://clockworkracingengines.com/tm...ggy_A-Main.pdf

Main for Nitro Buggy didn't go as planned. We'll just say I ran some Laps and Had some Fun.

For Tires, Its Home Track So Soft Panther Raptor's For qualifying and Med/Soft for main's. SC i kept on the Soft's for the main and Maybe that's where some of my Traction rolling was coming from....hrmm... Med/Soft on Order....Check.

Id like to Thank All my Track Helpers whom helped with the Mud, You KNOW who u are and I cant thank you enough for the late nights and Free Gumbo pedicures. LoL

Thanks to ALL my Sponsors, Panther, Radio Post, C.R.E., W.E.D. Paint,Competition Heat,Matrix Concepts, Kal gard, DE Racing, BlueGrooveApparel,

Also a Big Thanks to all of our Out of Town Guest's, I hope C.R.E. lived up to the Hype. See yall next year.

Nick Moxley

Last edited by Integra; 08-14-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

A HUGE thanks to the CRE Crew on a wicked race weekend! All the hard work really paid off with a smooth, stress free race weekend. You can't control mother nature, but you guys did a great job calming her down after she'd shed her tears. RD'ing was spectacular once again..I don't know how you do it Jeff, but we're all glad that you do

What I love about these races, aside from the racing, is seeing friends I never get to see, for some good old chit-chat! Budz, you're always good time, thanks for the hospitality my friend, it's quite appreciated. Brian, it was good seeing you once again, can't ask for a nicer guy, I was glad to see you bring home the bacon. Steve, I'm glad you and Rob made it out, it was a blast chatting it up with you, as always, Rob, it was nice to finally get the nerve talk to you( you're size is quite intimidating lol ), looking forward to the next time. Lee, it was good to finally meet you, I can't wait to see how fast you get in another 30 days! Gilles, I could race with you all day long buddy! Every track could use a guy like you around, you keep things fun! Our battle was a blast, one I won't forget! Can't wait to do it again!! Neal, John and Nick, you guys organized another awesome event...you can really see and feel the Clockwork power on that track surface

It was great to finally meet Paul and Billy and it was fun watching them drive..hopefully we'll meet again sometime.

Last edited by NitroFreakManHo; 08-14-2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: forgot pic!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:40 PM
xc7
Tech Addict

http://teamserpent.com/2012/08/canad...-wins-nr-race/

Once again, Thanks to all that helped make it happen and traveled the distance!