Search

2005 Off Road Winter Nats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Default 2005 Off Road Winter Nats

Ok guys, here is the deal.

I can have the building from Jan 1 to roughly Feb 12. I will build the track beggining of Jan at a cost of roughly $1500-$2000 to put in and take out. During this time whenever I want to use the track I will then make arrangements to rent the building for that day at a cost of $750 per day. This is the same as last years cost so if the turn out are good it wont be a problem. The only thing that is different this year is that we are building our own track from scratch. I would like to offset this cost by having a few test and tune days where I would book the building on a Saturday or Sunday for just playing and practice. The cost to each person depending on the number of people would be roughly $20-$30 for the day. It might sound like alot but it would sure be fun to burn some nitro in the winter.

So, I plan to have at least 1 major race with a half dozen practice days. If the intrest is there to have 2 or 3 races then fine, lets do it. I haven't nailed down a date for the big race yet because I want to hear from you all on what date would be best. Remeber all of Jan is open and basically the first weekend in Feb. Also if someone can come up with the $750 between friends feel free to call me and I will book the track for any day of the week.

My hopes in all this is that we can burn as much Nitro as we can and have the track and insurace paid for at the end. I don't want to make money, I just wanna have some fun. having said that if anyone has ideas or some sponsorship to help pay for the track please contact me. Del 403-358-2770 or Delmo Thanks guys and I look forward to your input.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sound like its goin to be a killer track....i think that the nats races should be in the jan 28 and jan 29 weekend... but that is just me...works out the best....cant wait till it comes
Old 11-26-2004, 03:40 PM
Company Representative

How about this guys, a regular saturday race. Open practice till noon, first qualy at 1pm and the mains over by 9-9:30. Still give guys the chance to get home.

Also run the big 2 day race on Jan 29-30.

All of these race days would be dependent on everyone pre-regging and PRE-PAYING!! If you don't make it no refunds. Del is giving us the rarest opportunity to burn nitro in winter. If the building is good for 6 weeks, man I am there every week. Any weekend in the dirt is awsome.

What do you guys think?
Old 11-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Del,

Why don't we set up a website ( I will do this for you). Then set up a paypal account so guys can prepay for a practice day. Now if the practice day has enough guys signed up to run you book the date. Then Run the practice day no refunds for guys that dont show.

If not enough guys pre sign up then you dont book for the said date and the funds collected can be used by the racers to attend the next date.

That way you will have the funds up front (not out of your pocket) before you book any dates. Also add a small fee to start collecting for the cost of building the track.

So to cover the $750.00 for the day you would need(#of racers/$each):

10 Racers=$75.00 Each
15 Racers=$50.00 Each
20 Racers=$37.50 Each
25 Racers=$30.00 Each
30 Racers=$25.00 Each
35 Racers=$21.50 Each

I would say Make it a minimum of 20 racers to make a practice day a go and charge $40.00 each extra cash over and above gos to the pot to cover the track costs. Then factor in the rest to the entry fees for the main race.

Just my 2 cents. Contact me if you would like my help. Lets get the ball rollin I need to burn nitro .

Thanks Darren
Old 11-26-2004, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what we should do at rcre is book a couple days. postetc.... and charge appropriatlyfor each racer. fricken keyboard is pissin me off.!!!!!! anyway i would be in for two days at 50 bucks a pop.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Also I am trying to find the cheapest insurance I can. This will also determine entry fees. But I don't think the entry will be any more expensive than $50 for the whole weekend. I might run practice on the friday before each big weekend race from noon to 8 or 9 at night and charge something like $15 for that day. We'll have to see how it unfolds I guess.

It would also be a good idea for the edmonton and calgary clubs to keep in touch with each other to get enough guys for practice days. But I really like Garys idea of tryin to put together smaller more casual races on the Saturdays or Sundays in between the big rounds.

I would like to explore a good and easy way for people to pay for the races in advance. It would help me out huge and a good way to see how many people are coming. I've heard bad things about Paypal but if it seems to be the way to go then we can look at it. I will get on that as well as entry forms asap.

It looks like the end of Jan seems to be a good date for a big race, any other in mind so we can run two big ones?
Old 11-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

or maybe those 2 big races or 1 club level race....then a big race
Old 11-27-2004, 06:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

sounds good to me Del count me in
cant wait to break or ah try out all my new parts
Old 11-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use pay pal a fair bit and i have not had any problems. The thing with pay pal the person receiving the money gets nixed a certain % for every transaction. (Lost funds towards the event can up very fast)

I don't know if you can talk to them and seeing if they can wave the fees for a non profit organization. Worth a shot and payments are received instantly no matter where the racers live. (No excuses unless you don't have internet )
Old 11-27-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Del, whats happenning buddy? Long time no hear! I'm gunna have to see what its going to take for me to come down? My XB8 just got a fresh rebuild and is ready to rock! Only thing that may keep me from coming down is money right now!!! I just spent way to much in RC stuff this past month!!!! Did you book a day yet for the big race? Does anyone in your area sell Byron's or O'Donnell fuel? That would be a blast!
Old 11-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Yoyo, we can hook you up with some fuel for sure bro. Hop in with Gord or someone dude. You can crash at my place no problemo. Did ya get yur razoerback yet?
Old 11-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Razorback is delayed. SO we'll see if that ever happens. Is Gord heading down? Haven't talked to him in a while! I think he's busy doing that crappy on road stuff right now! SO whens the date? DO you have a ton of guys already crashing at your place? What kind of fuel do you guys have out there? What do you run? ARe you going to be running an XB8?? Let me know and I'll try and get something worked out! IS the track layout going to be big or small? Just wnat to know for my car setup
Old 11-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

I got lots of tires and lots of filters! Now I just need to break in my new engine! The S7 II wasn't strong enough for me! You know me, always looking for more power!!!!
Old 11-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Sounds like it will be a load of fun.

Any weekend BUT January 29-30 works for me.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:40 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Working on trying to make this a XRAY Challenge Race. It would be the 1st in Canada and the 3rd in the World ( Germany and one other counrty has ran one)

Either way. Team XRAY Canada will be their and Canada R/C and XRAY will Sponsor the eventin some form.

Details to follow.

Korgae

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.