Search

Corcs Leg 2 Coquitlam August 5th -7th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Corcs Leg 2 Coquitlam August 5th -7th

CORCS LEG 2 of the Canadian Off Road Championship Series 2011

Presented By: Camrc (Caquitlam Area Model Race Club)

Track: KAMIKAZE RACEWAY

Location: Upper Coquilam River Park 1837 Pipeline Road, Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada Website: http://camrc.ca/

Dates
August 5th
August 6th
August 7th

PRICE
$35 First Class
$20 Second Class
$20 Third

$20 Novice

LATE FEES will apply $10 add to your First Class

Classes
1/8 Nitro Buggy
1/8 Nitro Truggy
Monster Truck

Novice
2wd Buggy Open
2wd Truck Open
4wd Buggy Open
2wd Short Course Truck Open
4x4 Short Course Truck Open
1/8 Electric Buggy
1/8 Electric Truggy
SC8
Limit of 3 classes.
Classes available depending on interest. ( must be at least 5 People for a class to run except Novice Class.)

Personal Transponders required by all Class but Novice Class

Race Schedule
Friday August 5
Open Practice 11:00 to 8:00
8:00 Track closed for Maintenance

Saturday August 6
Controlled Practice 7:00 To 8:00
Drivers Meeting 8:30
Heat 1 to start 9:45-10
Practice until 6:30pm
Track closed for Maintenance

Sunday August 7
Open Practice 7:00 to 8:00
8:30 Drivers Meeting – Mains and Starting Procedures Review
Finish for 5pm (or sooner) Then Trophies

Pre- Register at RC Signup [url]http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?ID=2089
Late Fee After August 4 2011 LATE FEES will apply $10 added to your First Class

SPONSORS
Race Tech Hobbies http://www.racetechhobbies.com/phpBB3/portal.php

Rc Pit Stop http://www.rcpitstop.com/

Go Go Hobbies http://www.gogohobbies.com/

Team 1 Hobbies http://www.ourbis.com/your_bigboy_toystore
Old 06-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation typo

Pre reg URL: http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=2089
Old 06-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

Rob Schneider-2wd buggy open, PT
2wd truck open, pt
Justin Schneider-1/8 electric truggy
Kyle Schneider-Novice, House

Last edited by Schneider; 07-20-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Rob Sorjonen
4 mod
DSM
PT to follow
1/8 Electric Buggy
DSM
PT on file
Old 06-28-2011, 06:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Could someone please post the rules and inform us of who will be policing these rules.

Some of us were singled out on Saturday morning of Leg 1, we were forced to make changes, and yet when the mains were started Sunday there were other people running the same things that some of us were forced to change. I was told by the people in charge that they would make sure that they spoke to these people, but I'm confused how that would make anything better when all of the qualifiers had been run and these people had already made it into the A-mains.

So if someone from CORC's would like to step up and let me know how you are planning to stop these shenanigans from happening, I would like to make sure that should I come out to Leg 2 that everything will be done fairly and evenly.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

As I was unaware of the short course body rule until Saturday morning when this issue blew up I can't say too much other than my opinion on this. While I agree the body should have its scale appearance I don't think the twonie size holes should be allowed either. I think after looking at the real thing and seeing many real trucks are open completely in some cases on the bed cover with only roll bars being visible and some appear to have a cover with vents for aerodynamics. Body parts come off of them often with only sponsors of lost parts being upset. To me what looks scale are cut along body line without any circular holes unless it is a molded cut line. In the case of the large open rear my personal feeling is open all of it up leaving just the roll bars or leave it. If structure is a problem then reinforce the area and or add a mesh screen to maintain scale appearances.
Keep in mind these are only my suggestions and opinions as I had no part in the body rule.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you Rob, I agree we need to work on this before the next race. I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I found it very frustrating that some of us were singled out for having holes in our bodys and some were not, after many of us had brought it the RD's attention during qualifiers, nothing was done. I saw cars driving in the A-Main with the same holes in there body that I had been asked to cover up.

I no the RD has a lot on his plate during a big event like this, but if we are going to have rules enforced on some drivers the same rules must apply to all drivers.

Just my two cents
Old 06-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

The host club is requiring personal transponders for all classes except novice.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

For the Coquitlam and Kelowna races we will make sure there is a hard copy of the rules available for the racers to go over. Once the RD has explained what teching (is that a word?) will be done, the racers can refer to the rule book for clarification.

I don't think we should be changing the SC body rule now that we've started the season. It wouldn't be fair to those that already cut tooney size holes in their bodies. We can look at it again for next year.

When we started corcs, it was meant to be a fun and fairly relaxed series, basically using roar rules as a guidline. We have largely left it up to the host clubs to decide what they want to tech. Everyone is still expected to comply with the corcs rules even if they are not actively being enforced. If a complaint is issued against a racer that is doing something outside the rules, the local corcs rep. will ask them to comply.

Hope this helps

Rob

Last edited by Schneider; 06-28-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

It looks like there was an error in class pricing at leg #1. If you ran one or two classes then there was no difference from years past however you got a $5 break on your third class at leg one that the host club cannot carry on. Traditionally it was set to be $35 for first class and $20 for each additional class max up to three classes.
After re-reading the original 2008 rule book which was long the TRD inspection is to happen immediately following the Saturday morning drivers meeting. All nitro's are to be inspected at that time and then top three finishers in mains are to be inspected according to the rules, if a top three car fails it's dq'd and the next car back moves up and so on.
I am looking for the updated rule book to address the newer classes as I know someone had it.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? SCT body ruling

any progress in the body ruling? hoping a decision is made soon so participants are able to paint up new bodies if necessary. Or is the 200mph tape going to be allowed again?

unfortunately,this is going to be very touchy come August 5-7...hopefully we can avoid any personal feelings being hurt this round. being specific is necessary to rule out an controversey. in my case...are we allowed to remove louvers on the rear deck(or drill out)? if you want realistic looking...i should remove the louver. is the new Flowtek body allowed...molded venting which could be opened to fly better?
Old 07-10-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Liam Stoddard

2wd shortcourse
2wd open truck
Nitro truggy

DSM
PTs
Old 07-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Dustin Quanstrom

4wd Short Course Open
2wd Buggy Open
1/8th Nitro Buggy

all dsm

P/Ts at track

Last edited by bambikilr; 07-26-2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Changed a class from 10th 2wd Truck open to 10th 2wd Buggy Open
Old 07-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default pre-entry

Terry Yeo
2wd Mod DSM p/t on file

4wd Mod DSM p/t on file

2wd SCT Open DSM p/t on file
Old 07-13-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default pre-entry

George Tzanakis

1/10 2wd mod buggy

1/10 4wd mod buggy

1/8 Nitro buggy

DSM - PT's

Tnx

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.