Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

RC Scoring Pro printouts 1/5 (TQ Lists)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TQ_List_Touring Stock.pdf (8.5 KB, 78 views)
TQ_List_Touring Nitro.pdf (7.1 KB, 91 views)
TQ_List_Mini.pdf (4.8 KB, 92 views)
TQ_List_World GT.pdf (7.2 KB, 64 views)
Old 07-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

RC Scoring Pro printouts 2/5 (Mains)
Attached Files
Old 07-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

RC Scoring Pro printouts 3/5 (Mains)
Attached Files
Old 07-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

RC Scoring Pro printouts 4/5 (Mains)
Attached Files
Old 07-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

RC Scoring Pro printouts 5/5 (Mains)
Attached Files
R5_Race_13_Mini_A-Main-3.pdf (21.2 KB, 74 views)
Old 07-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I had so much fun racing with everyone! What a fantastic weekend. I said last year: what a unknown gem on Vancouver Island that exists for us in the states. I did what I could to promote to other nitro racers in our area but we are only a hardy few. It has always been such a pleasure to race with the likes of Craig, Mick, Ken, Ken, and John who I met for the real first time, but it was shame that Blake had other obligations Sat as I looked forward to those missed laps. I was thrilled to get Paul back out squeezing triggers in the wgt class. He did pretty well for being on the shelf for a year. That car was a bit tragic, but it came around quickly after some much needed tlc. Paul did a great job in the pits for me, handling the wrenches, fuel, and providing much needed feedback. That was truly epic qualifying in all classes. Craig snatched TQ's in wgt and nitro and deservingly so. He was very solid all weekend. It was great to catch up and grab a bite with Eddie, Mario & Steve Sat night. We shared some laughs, ideas and a pint. The only foul part of the weekend was the gentlemen in a hurry on the opening lap of nitro main that spun me. I then proceeded to get passed around like a beach ball at a rock concert. The only tip I have is: it's a 30 minute main, blasting your way to the front on the opening lap wont make friends, have some respect for your fellow racer and it will come back around. Congrats Blake on the win! I know Craig wanted it badly. I tried hard to undo my opening issue, but my charge ended when I crashed into John for 3rd late in the race. I damaged my left rear tire and had to limp the last tank.

I definitely want to thank all the IROCC Racers who made this race happen, thank the gentlemen from Subway who fed me on Sat, and I love the program! Don't change a thing. That is the perfect blend of grass roots fun with a big race feel.

We caught the Sidney Anacortes boat right on schedule and enjoyed all the San Juan Islands on an amazing sunny evening. Days like this are just stunning in this part of the world.

Brian Bodine
Old 07-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Korgae
Made the 5 Oclock boat with time to spare.

Had an awesome weekend and am already looking forward to next year, YES I am bringing the WGT car... your track+ WGT= Dialed!

Hats off to the IROCC Crew for another great event!
Thanks Korgae; you and Frank are definitely dedicated IROCC fans. Between the two of you, you've missed only one Speed Weekend in the last seven years. Very impressive!

PS. Have a great time this coming weekend!

PPS. Thanks for calling a whole bunch of mains for us yesterday!

Blake

Last edited by Blake; 07-11-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
Thanks IROCC! Had a fun weekend as always. Shame about saanich days... I heard there might be an alternate race? Let us know soon!
Thanks John. By the way, nice work in Nitro with the 3rd place finish!

All us IROCCers are already looking forward to the RRR race in early August!

Yes, it is a shame that we cannot race at Central Saanich Days this year. However, if you are interested in joining us on Sunday August 21st, we will be racing for charity at the Queen Alexandra Hospital for kids in Victoria. Our track is setup beside a full-size car show so there are TONS of spectators. This is a one-day club race, so there won't be any special prizes or trophies. The track size is similar to our regular club track but the asphalt is slightly more abrasive. You would want to be on the 7AM ferry and you could easily catch the 7PM ferry home. Race entry is free if you are coming from outside Victoria.

Blake
Old 07-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Off-topic question... But seeing after seeing results, I need to ask a question. How in the world can you stay focus racing 139 Laps? Hope you guys had fun!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Videos from the weekend will be on you-tube at the link below

Gorden

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
Old 07-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I had so much fun racing with everyone! What a fantastic weekend. I said last year: what a unknown gem on Vancouver Island that exists for us in the states. I did what I could to promote to other nitro racers in our area but we are only a hardy few. It has always been such a pleasure to race with the likes of Craig, Mick, Ken, Ken, and John who I met for the real first time, but it was shame that Blake had other obligations Sat as I looked forward to those missed laps. I was thrilled to get Paul back out squeezing triggers in the wgt class. He did pretty well for being on the shelf for a year. That car was a bit tragic, but it came around quickly after some much needed tlc. Paul did a great job in the pits for me, handling the wrenches, fuel, and providing much needed feedback. That was truly epic qualifying in all classes. Craig snatched TQ's in wgt and nitro and deservingly so. He was very solid all weekend. It was great to catch up and grab a bite with Eddie, Mario & Steve Sat night. We shared some laughs, ideas and a pint. The only foul part of the weekend was the gentlemen in a hurry on the opening lap of nitro main that spun me. I then proceeded to get passed around like a beach ball at a rock concert. The only tip I have is: it's a 30 minute main, blasting your way to the front on the opening lap wont make friends, have some respect for your fellow racer and it will come back around. Congrats Blake on the win! I know Craig wanted it badly. I tried hard to undo my opening issue, but my charge ended when I crashed into John for 3rd late in the race. I damaged my left rear tire and had to limp the last tank.

I definitely want to thank all the IROCC Racers who made this race happen, thank the gentlemen from Subway who fed me on Sat, and I love the program! Don't change a thing. That is the perfect blend of grass roots fun with a big race feel.

We caught the Sidney Anacortes boat right on schedule and enjoyed all the San Juan Islands on an amazing sunny evening. Days like this are just stunning in this part of the world.

Brian Bodine
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the nice words. I'm really pleased that you enjoy racing with our group! And as always, you bring a top level of competition combined with professionalism to the track. I was really disappointed to miss Saturday, but as my best friend since kindergarten, that was one wedding that I could not miss!

Watching you and Craig running within 20 feet of each other for the entire 4th Nitro qualifier was a thrill to see. Craig is a tough customer when it comes to Nitro. You're right about the start of the main. I usually take a "go wide and survive" approach, but even that didn't work and I ended up with a body tuck and a 3rd->9th position change on lap 1. I think you and I had the worst starts of anyone. We use heads-up starts in qualifiers to get racers ready for the mains but it didn't work that well in this case.... In any event, nice charge back up to 4th!

PS. Great pass in the WorldGT main!

Blake
Old 07-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fung_kyle
Off-topic question... But seeing after seeing results, I need to ask a question. How in the world can you stay focus racing 139 Laps? Hope you guys had fun!
Heh, you have to remember to blink once in a while.

Blake
Old 07-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default check the BULLETMAN 2.4 thread please

hello fellow on-roaders, i had a thought, and seeing as the thoughts dont come often i really like this.....

I HAVE NOT ok'd this with TVRCRC, so its a thought only.

i propose a 2.4 hour enduro on the asphalt track

Electric only

TC open motor, Jaco blues (use up old tires?)
TC body and battery rules
All other TC rules apply

WGT open motor, open tires
WGT body and battery rules
All other WGT rules apply

2-3 driver teams
1 car per team
A DRIVER can enter in both classes (rules to be decided)

This would be a 1 day event
practise 2 hours
qualifing ONE ROUND
2.4 hour final with mixed TC & WGT
top 10(?) in each class would run 2.4 (20 car final)
IF you dont make the show..... sorry no 2nd chance (B, C etc)

i have a ton of ideas for this to be a great event, this is just the VERY BASIC idea.
I ALSO would be running this event from start to finish (i miss RD'n)

LMK your thoughts please
Old 07-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blake
PS. Great pass in the WorldGT main!

Blake

I feel that was a text book pass and I appreciate the compliment. In WGT, if you do not get the pole, it is very difficult to win. I was strategizing the main about R2 into the program. Then I made two mistakes. I had a little conversation with Mick about his car and offered a bit of a suggestion on set up. He took it and applied it perfectly. Mick drove around me and put me on the ropes in R3. But in all fairness I tried a rpm change to the Tekin and didn't verify it.... you guessed it..... it rebooted to default rpm's. I was livid. But! This all played into the plot. Craig sat on the pole for the evening. Mick was all smiles with a P2 spot. I knew I had the car, but poo'ed the sheets. But still, I feel I set the stage for Craig to relax the wrenches for the night, so that I could hopefully catch him off guard the next day. (I've used this trick before). So Sunday morning roles around and tossed it out there for some practice after the corrections. I proceed to nail out a bunch of upper 11's. I quietly put it away before too many notice. Then I am listening to practice wrap up and I hear one more 11.8 pop off. I see Frank walking off the stand and I said, you do that? He had a big grin. Hmmmm. The plot thickens. R4 commences but it's not the same track as in practice nor as in R3 the night before but I was able to win the heat and pass Craig. I was able to see where Craig was struggling some on the interior chicane during this final heat. He showed his cards. So when the green flag dropped in main, I followed him for several laps waiting for the chance. I knew I only had one spot on the track to pass and if it wasn't there, it was going to be another lap. Finally Craig went maybe two car widths wide into that left hander and I made the move. I got up along side and knew I had had to squeeze it hard as I was going to be on the outside in the next 10'. I got it to stick, but Craig was now driving off of my line and I couldn't shake him. He dug deep a few times and I thought he was going to get it back. He tried later in the race to make the same move I put on him and he got tied up. I was actually disappointed to not have him velcro'ed the wing, but I can't blame him for trying either. I would have done the same. The longer I race these cars, the more I enjoy a good strategy played out..... win, loose or draw.... if you can pull off your plan, you will always be satisfied. Or a lucky win never feels as good as well plotted out final strategy.

Brian
Old 07-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

that was an amazing read.

I wish i could recall what happened in the nitro a as vividly as Brian in WGT.

All i remember was turning, trying to get a smooth throttle finger, getting nervous when leaders were close, and "the race is over"

edit: 500 POSTS!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.