Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
2011/2012 WCICS Official Thread >

2011/2012 WCICS Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011/2012 WCICS Official Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
My photon is only a couple of years old and I can't get down under 1400 grams!!!

Ivan
I have a few suggestions, but it would require you to open your wallet and also to wrench on the car.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My photon is only a couple of years old and I can't get down under 1400 grams!!!

Ivan
^^^3 cans of paint on the body^^^
Old 03-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc pete
I have a few suggestions, but it would require you to open your wallet and also to wrench on the car.
I don't need a NEW car!!!

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
^^^3 cans of paint on the body^^^
I might agree if you said the Gorilla Tape on the body....

You guys are mean!

Ivan
Old 03-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't need a NEW car!!!

I might agree if you said the Gorilla Tape on the body....

You guys are mean!

Ivan
Truth does hurt, doesn't it?
Old 03-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

WCICS TOMORROW BABY... FINALLY...!!!!

I AM SO EXCITED, WILL BE THERE EARLY, HOPE THERE ARE SOME TABLES LEFT...

NEED LOTS OF ROOM FOR 4, COUNT EM, 4 CARS...

CAN YOU TELL I AM EXCITED...

SEE YOU ALL IN THE MORNING
Old 03-31-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OWL 316
WCICS TOMORROW BABY... FINALLY...!!!!

I AM SO EXCITED, WILL BE THERE EARLY, HOPE THERE ARE SOME TABLES LEFT...

NEED LOTS OF ROOM FOR 4, COUNT EM, 4 CARS...

CAN YOU TELL I AM EXCITED...

SEE YOU ALL IN THE MORNING
Go Bill Go!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...

To everyone for making this the best week end I have had since my wife passed away...

I was glad to have the picture of her with Scottie the cat on the concourse on Saturday and I felt them with me as I raced all weekend...... It was so much FUN, I really needed this...

Special thanks to Ivan, Kev, Tim and Brad and others for their encouragement and driving tips and noticing my improvements... four classes actually was not that hard to do, and next year I will be in WGT and F 1 I hope...

The driving etiquette was good to see, lots of laughs and FUN, what a turn out... Thanks to Josh, and all at CARCAR for putting on a great WCICS race, everyone seemed to have a great time...

Bill <><
Old 04-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Bill, much appreciated. Yes, it was a great year, the first of the newly expanded WCICS series. A great success by any standard, with all the member clubs reporting a great experience, and the new clubs really excited about being part of this great series.

Some quick numbers: over 1000 entries, 700 heats, 600 sets (2400 individual) Jaco tires, 7 cities, 9 clubs, all in 6 months.

Season Championships will be shown on the soon to be released, all new WCICS website. They were:

Tamiya Mini Orca Brushless:
1. Josh Carter
2. Ivan Chan
3. Ken Miller

VTA/Touring GT
1. Josh Carter
2. Ivan Chan
3. Ken Miller

1/12 Stock
1. Korgae Scales
2. Ivan Chan
3. Josh Carter

TC Stock
1. Peter Tozser
2. Korgae Scales
3. Ivan Chan

WGT
1. Korgae Scales
2. Josh Carter
3. Ivan Chan

1/12 Superstock
1. Peter Tozser
2. Josh Carter
3. Ivan Chan

TC Superstock
1. Pete Tozser
2. Josh Carter
3. Ivan Chan

Congratulations to all the season champions. Josh Carter takes the "WCICS Ironman Championship"; a yearly award that will be passed on every year and engraved with the racer gathering the greatest total number of season championship points. Special note to Ivan Chan, who accomplished his personal goal of top 3 in all the classes.

As in previous years, the WCICS reps took advantage of all being in the same building and held our annual meeting. With much less change in place for this year, compared to the big expansion last year, the meeting focused on addressing any issues and rule change submissions from this past season.

The structure of WCICS has been changed. Due to the issues experienced not just this year, but with previous WCICS reps, and the repeated resignations resulting from these issues, the WCICS Exec/Directors and WCICS Representative structure and responsibilities have been changed.

WCICS Executive/Directors are now non-voting positions, appointed by the reps, charged with executing the rules voted into place by the member club Representatives.

WCICS Representatives are elected by the member clubs, responsible for communicating issues, proposing rule changes requested by their club, and voting.

In this structure, with Reps separate from the Exec, and each Rep clearly having a single vote, and with the Exec/Directors having no voting power, it will hopefully be clear to all involved that no single rep/exec/director is personally responsible, and thus a target, for any particular issue.

To further protect and reduce the stress on the Rep, a "WCICS Rule Change Submission Form" has been created. It is in Appendix I (the last page of the rule book). If you wish to submit a rule change, please fill out the form, which requires you to enter in the previous rule, the exact wording of your proposed rule, get 5 racer signatures, and submit along with a $50 fee to your WCICS representative. If the rule is approved, your $50 will be returned. If it is not approved, the $50 will go towards the WCICS fund, to buy trophies, etc for future races. As a point of reference, of the 20 motions discussed at this years meeting, 19 were approved. So this change is not to generate funds, but to eliminate the above issues and protect the reps.

I have started a new thread, which contains the updated rule book, located here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian...l#post10557270

With this season closed, the reps won't be checking this thread anymore, so please post any comments related to the new season in the new thread.

Josh

Last edited by IronRing Racing; 04-04-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Default 2011-2012 FINAL STANDINGS

HERE ARE THE FINAL STANDINGS FOR 2011-2012

BRAD
Old 04-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

HUGE thanks to Brad for managing/updating the points standings over the course of the season. That is a LOT of work, and it was very well done.

Thanks,
Blake
Old 04-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Default WCICS

Originally Posted by Blake
HUGE thanks to Brad for managing/updating the points standings over the course of the season. That is a LOT of work, and it was very well done.

Thanks,
Blake

THANKS BLAKE. MOST OF THAT WILL GO TO JACQUES FROM GPN SYSTEMS, WHO HAS BEEN A TIRELESS SPONSOR FOR WCICS AND KARZ. WE HOPE TO HAVE EVEN MORE GREAT THINGS TO COME WITH HIS HELP.

BRAD
Old 04-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

I second that. Jacques really came through on the database, the points and the website; which is almost complete!

Huge thanks,

Josh
Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Calgary WCICS A Main videos are up. Thanks Gordon! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/CARCARwebmaster

Ivan