Search

indoor 1/10 scale offroad in calgary

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default indoor 1/10 scale offroad in calgary

Just wanting to know if thier would be some support for this type of track. Its been along time since we had this and im looking into it. Just want some feed back thanks guys and gals and it would have a hobby shop in it

Last edited by hitman72; 12-05-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I for one would be really interested. I know there has been quite a bit of interest expressed by many but it always seems that once something is set up (I.E. TRUKZ) the turnout never matches the enthusiasm .

You might want to talk to Brad S and Aaron (MFD on here) about their experiences with indoor offroad. Scott Long would also be a good guy to talk to as he's been involved in offroad for a long time.

Put it this way...if there was a dedicated indoor offroad track that ran 1-2 nights a week I probably would never run on-road again !

Cheers,
Mike
Old 12-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The indoor offroad nights that KARZ (Trukz) holds are always extremely well attended. People come from Medicine Hat and Edmonton to race indoors. Not sure why we don't do them more often. So someone else holding them would do well I think.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

There was a dirt offroad indoor track in town about 20 years ago, for two years.

Last edited by c-lyon; 12-06-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:54 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey

I would be intereted in this and would support it. Some more details would be nice on what you were thinking of doing.

We at Trukz are starting our indoor offroad races (carpet and wood jumps) on January 9th 2011. We usually get between 20 and 35 people showing up depending on the night.

If you could make a permanent indoor offroad dirt facility work, Trukz would be happy to stop what we are doing and support your initiative.

PM me if you want to chat some more.

Thanks

Aaron
TRUKZ Calgary
Old 12-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Rookie

I would be interested in running at this place if it takes off, I would bring along at least one of my 2 brothers as well.

I drive an hour into calgary to run with trukz. i just wish that they had more races or maybe even a weeknight race.