Agama A8 in Canada

Old 11-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Agama A8 in Canada

I would like to get a feel for the interest in the Agama A8 Buggy in Canada. We have been looking into becoming a dealer for the Agama. We already know it is a great product and the popularity is growing fast.

Please post your comments here and let me know if you plan to run the Agama in Canada.

Of course we plan to continue Distribution of the Z-CAR line also. They are both great products.

Terra Nova Hobby
Old 11-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it is high on my list of new buggies to run next year
Old 11-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks, nitroharry. Keep checking this thread and we will see how many more we can get. We just have to get the message out before we start stocking the Agama.

I have a great sales rep who I dealt with at another supplier and he just started with Agama.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default What do you think Jamie?

There seems to be a lot of people looking but not a lot of comments on the possibility of bring the car in. Does the amount of interest lead you to make any decisions on whether or not to stock it?

Ray
Old 12-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rayzer
There seems to be a lot of people looking but not a lot of comments on the possibility of bring the car in. Does the amount of interest lead you to make any decisions on whether or not to stock it?

Ray
I think the interest is low on everything R/C in Canada right now since it is winter. I will be talking with my sales rep again in the new year to discuss pricing. I am quite sure we will be stocking it, the demand will decide how much we will stock.
I am thinking some people will go with the Agama even if they have to get it from the US. But it would make more sense if they can get the buggy and parts here in Canada.
We can order the buggy and parts now if people are going to buy it anyway. The more of them we have in Canada, the more parts and upgrades we can carry.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

what are you selling the kits for?
Old 02-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

The Agama A8 Evo is $479.99 and the LIMITED EDITION AGAMA A8-EVO SPEC 1/8 RACE ROLLER is $579.99.
Check it out at: http://www.terranovahobby.ca/store
Old 02-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Y do us customers get a discount rate?
Old 02-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by apex-racing
Y do us customers get a discount rate?
US customers get them cheaper because that's where the cars are. You can drive down to the US if you want and you will get it for the same price as them or you can buy them in Canada and save the fuel.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Initiate

If I where to buy one I think I would get it from Amain. The good kit is only $449.99 US and our dollar is worth more than theirs right now. Even with shipping it is way cheaper.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

The kit at AMAIN is the 2011 A8 Evo for $449.00. It is $479.99 here. Yes you would probably save a few bucks. On the other hand if we sold them here any less, we wouldn't make anything on them. I don't feel like dealing with shipping and customs myself for nothing.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

well personally i don't think that is fare we all get it from the same place they don't come from the us they are not made there we already have to pay more for gas in our vehicles, insurance, taxes, and other things y RC cars? I always want to by in canada but it makes it hard when we have to pay so much more, even so when our dollar is so strong....
Old 02-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

really what I'm trying to say is that it's just kinda sad that your offering us customer's a discount. you should be promoting Canadian buyers i would not post that on my web sight were supposed to be growing RC in Canada don't you think?
Old 02-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

well personally i don't think that is fare we all get it from the same place they don't come from the us they are not made there we already have to pay more for gas in our vehicles, insurance, taxes, and other things y RC cars? I always want to by in canada but it makes it hard when we have to pay so much more, even so when our dollar is so strong....
I feel your pain and kinda see your point, but it is the same for all of us. I have to pay more for it. There isn't much I can do about it. I really don't think $30 on almost $500 is a big deal to buy it in Canada. There will always be people that will order from the US to save a few bucks and there is nothing that I can do about it. I have plenty of loyal customers that buy as much as possible from me and never nickel and dime me. Those people get the best possible prices. The ones that say "You want $110 and I can get in from the US for $100", usually end up getting it from the US no matter what.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

really what I'm trying to say is that it's just kinda sad that your offering us customer's a discount. you should be promoting Canadian buyers i would not post that on my web sight were supposed to be growing RC in Canada don't you think?
I don't really get what you are trying to say. Do you think I make the Agama and send it to the US cheaper? The buggy is distributed from the US, it is obviously going to cost a little more to get it here.
If you look at my website, I actually offer free shipping in Canada (over $250) and not to the US.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.