Search

2011 Winter Nationals?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default 2011 Winter Nationals?

It's a bit early, but what is the likelihood of the Canadian Winter Nationals taking place next year?

Last I heard, the management at the Westerner in Red Deer was giving the ClutchNutz club a few too many problems.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I thought it might be a bit early to ask also, but I want to make sure I can make the plans to go this year. I sometimes goto Red Deer and talk to the guys from Clutch Nutz. I will let you know if I find outanything. We could also ask them on the Clutch Nutz Thread.

www.terranovahoby.ca
Old 09-22-2010, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

Yup, this very thought crossed my mind here recently as well... would be nice to see a winter nats this coming year.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Rookie

When do they usually hold the race?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

From what i remember it was the last weekend in February. Or around there.

I am also interested in knowing weather or not there is Nats this year
Old 09-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

winter nats N A last i checked
Old 09-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Won't happen unless someone has an extremely large indoor area with a reasonable rate. Unless they held it in a place like stettler at their agriplex, not sure if that would be big enough, but what would the turnout be like? Or maybe someone donates the clutch nutz enough $$ to put up their own building.
I would love to see the winter nationals happen, even though I'd probably come dead last.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I would love to come to another Winter Nationals...
Old 10-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Anyone got some info?
Old 11-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm going to revive this thread and speak on behalf of myself.

The 2009 Canadian winter Nats was my first indoor RC race experience and I could say that being new to the sport I was impressed with the scale of the event, attendance and the overall coordination of things. Although events like these never run without a hitch and that it's impossible to please everyone, having an event put on like this by a bunch of volunteers is remarkable.

Since I would rather not wait until next spring to hit the dirt, I am hoping that another club in the Provence takes on this event. The only other option would be to put together an association of fellow racers and call the race something else..

UP UP UP UP
Old 11-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mgamelin
I'm going to revive this thread and speak on behalf of myself.

The 2009 Canadian winter Nats was my first indoor RC race experience and I could say that being new to the sport I was impressed with the scale of the event, attendance and the overall coordination of things. Although events like these never run without a hitch and that it's impossible to please everyone, having an event put on like this by a bunch of volunteers is remarkable.

Since I would rather not wait until next spring to hit the dirt, I am hoping that another club in the Provence takes on this event. The only other option would be to put together an association of fellow racers and call the race something else..

UP UP UP UP
I would be with you on that, mgamelin. I was really hoping for a 2011 wnter Nats. My Racing team is from Quebec and I have not even met them face to face. They did good this year in their first season of racing and even made it to the RCPS in Ontario. They would have came to Alberta if we had a Winter Nats. There are probably racers all around us talking about the same thing, I don't know how we could get them all together.

http://www.terranovahobby.ca/