Ready to Run Raceway - 2010 RRR Trophy Race - Summer wrap up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Ready to Run Raceway - 2010 RRR Trophy Race - Summer wrap up

Ready to Run Raceway - RRR Trophy Race - Summer wrap up

Ready to Run Raceway (RRR) in Vancouver, BC is pleased to announce its
2nd annual RRR Race Weekend 2010 touring car trophy race.
Last year we had close to 100 entries and it was a very fun race. We
would like to keep that momentum growing, step up the competition and
fun.

Race date: September 4/5, 2010

Classes:

Touring Stock
-ROAR legal 17.5BL motors or ROAR legal 27T stock motors
-7.4V LiPo or 6-cell NiMH
-Rubber tires, 1420g

Touring Super-Stock
-ROAR legal 13.5BL motors or 19T motors
-7.4V LiPo or 6-cell NiMH
-Rubber tires, 1420g

Touring Nitro
-Any .12 engine
-Foam tires

Tamiya Mini - Fun Class!!
7.4V LiPo or 6-Cell NiMH
2 Hole Mabuchi Motor
Open Tires - However, I would like to see everyone run Rubber tires to keep it on the same playing field.

Format:
IFMAR for qualifiers, sorted with fastest racers at the front.
There will be two bump-up positions for all mains.
The Touring Nitro class will have a 30 minute A-Main, 20 minute
B-Main, and 10 minute C-Main.

Entry Fees:
1st class $30
Additional Classes $10

Out of town racers (outside of Greater Vancouver) get their 2nd (and
3rd) classes for free.

BCIT - Richmond Parking lot - At the Airport. - We will post the exact
location shortly..

Schedule:
Saturday, Sep 4th
8AM - 11:30AM: Open practice and registration
11:30AM - 12PM: Drivers meeting
12PM - 8PM: Qualifying rounds (3 rounds with a resort after rounds 2 and 3)

Sunday, Sep 5th
7AM - 9:30AM: Open practice
9:30AM - 12PM: Last chance qualifier
12PM - 4PM: Main events
4PM - 5PM: Trophy presentation and wrap-up
Old 08-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

The exact address of the race location this year is

3800 Cessna Drive
Richmond BC
V7B0A1
In the student parking lot

You will need to bring your own power.

I am working on the camping bit right now.As soon as I find out I will let you know.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pro 10? .....Mine is almost together.....
Old 08-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

RRR does not run pro 10. Maybe if people came out to our Club racing with them it would be a different story.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big_gord24
Pro 10? .....Mine is almost together.....
save it for indoor
Old 08-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RTR canada
RRR does not run pro 10. Maybe if people came out to our Club racing with them it would be a different story.
If you guys held races maybe i would......
Old 08-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have been in contact with the guys on the
Island and I know that they have expressed interest in the class .

The class was held last year and it was went very smooth and quick.
I think in respect of our friends from irocc it should be run.

We just have to realize that more time maybe taken to run the races.

I have decided to run a full indoor season this year and am really interested in WGT if anyone could tell me more let me know .
Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for considering Pro10. We are putting together a large contingent of racers from IROCC and the addition of Pro10 will make it more interesting for our electric-only racers.

We will have lots of entries in Stock and Nitro, and there are even some racers here considering tracking down a Mini chassis.

Looking forward to it!
Blake
Old 08-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

if you and other people don't come out to run there,there is not even enough people to run a race! I always run a few races just for fun.. Not sure why Team Orca guys OGR guys don't come out to support RRR racing? We don't have to be friends but we can definitely all work together and turn this Vancouver area into a racing frenzy. With races almost every weekend and a permanent track. I know this can happen!With all of our connections put together with good people its in the bag.But we need to run together like Victoria does. They have a smaller area but have so many very nice places to hold and run races and all work together to get the job done. With the huge great city we live in with a larger population than the island we should be way beyond this. If we worked together the track would be put together in 20min lol With racing there will always be bickering and arguments but in the end we all end up at the same races with the same people that's just how it is. Hope nobody takes this the wrong way. It would be great to see some team work like the Irocc'ers.I want to see the hobby grow with new and old racers. I hope every group of racers decide to come to our big race and enjoy the fun and competition.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fasteddie d
I have been in contact with the guys on the
really interested in WGT if anyone could tell me more let me know .
Hey, Eddie.

ROAR is pretty comprehensive but here are the specs in general:

Body: WGT Approved (I.e. Corvette, Sophia and more...)
Tires: Lilac (several manufactures make this spec control tire)
Battery: Single cell 3.7v Lipo
Motor: 13.5 or 10.5 (Expert). Due to the lower voltage 10.5 is very drivable.
Weight: 930 Grams race-ready.

I hope this helps.
P.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RTR canada
if you and other people don't come out to run there,there is not even enough people to run a race! I always run a few races just for fun.. Not sure why Team Orca guys OGR guys don't come out to support RRR racing? We don't have to be friends but we can definitely all work together and turn this Vancouver area into a racing frenzy. With races almost every weekend and a permanent track. I know this can happen!With all of our connections put together with good people its in the bag.But we need to run together like Victoria does. They have a smaller area but have so many very nice places to hold and run races and all work together to get the job done. With the huge great city we live in with a larger population than the island we should be way beyond this. If we worked together the track would be put together in 20min lol With racing there will always be bickering and arguments but in the end we all end up at the same races with the same people that's just how it is. Hope nobody takes this the wrong way. It would be great to see some team work like the Irocc'ers.I want to see the hobby grow with new and old racers. I hope every group of racers decide to come to our big race and enjoy the fun and competition.
I know this isn't the thred to continue on with this on but.....I do agree with the working together on the track etc etc...I can only speak for myself, and here it goes......I enjoy racing, the competition , the comrodery the Adreneline of a tight close race, win or loose....to me not much matches it. At the start of the season when the schedule was posted...there were scheduled RACE days...With the weather these didn't materialise...and i was there with my stuff in the truck one day when the skies opened up and soaked everything....So i took IROCC up on their offer to go and race with them. I joined them for 5 straight weekends and enjoyed every lasting minute or it, so much that i will be going back for more club racing and I'm looking into a 12th Scale car to race with them a couple times this winter. Did I go there to win...No. Did i go there to prove I'm a "GREAT" driver...Hell no..I still make lots of mistakes. I continued to go back because the IROCC guys enjoy RACING as much as I do and we race with drivers of the same ability or close to it. I had extra time there only running one class that i've got to know a lot of realy great people there, there are a lot of new guys there and experienced drivers there as well. I've gained insight into car setup, and i've passed on some of my limited knowledge to up and coming racers and enjoyed every minute of it. It makes me feel like i was back at home racing with my friends. I would rather spend $50 a weekend doing this than spend $10 driving on the track with no agenda...no purpose...Don't take this the wrong way...I'm wired a little different than other people I bought a RACE CAR and thats what I use it for....No agenda..no purpose to ME means NO FUN....However I have seen the enjoyment that the guys running at the RRR track have on their faces as long as you're having a good time go for it..it is a good atmosphere for new drivers to get comfortable in but by running "organised" club racing it teaches them what to expect when traveling to a "Big Race", what is expected of them(corner duties, pit stops timed races).. Being a part of OGR I've seen first hand that the other OGR members are BUSY...they have Familys, Careers, Businesses or enjoy RACING elsewhere (Seattle)etc...that they can't be as dedicated to racing as they once were. I don't feel that anyone has a right to question what they do with their own time they work hard for what they do, as im sure you do as well. If it's possible for them to make it out...so be it.

Ryan
Old 08-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Gilligan
Hey, Eddie.

ROAR is pretty comprehensive but here are the specs in general:

Body: WGT Approved (I.e. Corvette, Sophia and more...)
Tires: Lilac (several manufactures make this spec control tire)
Battery: Single cell 3.7v Lipo
Motor: 13.5 or 10.5 (Expert). Due to the lower voltage 10.5 is very drivable.
Weight: 930 Grams race-ready.

I hope this helps.
P.
Also only 200mm wide cars....no 235mm they have a huge traction advantage...
Old 08-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big_gord24
Also only 200mm wide cars....no 235mm they have a huge traction advantage...
Have you seen Mick drive his 200mm wide car it's as fast or faster then the 235mm cars also if the 235s were not allowed you would lose about 70% of the pro10 class we have
Old 08-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by light
Have you seen Mick drive his 200mm wide car it's as fast or faster then the 235mm cars also if the 235s were not allowed you would lose about 70% of the pro10 class we have
Gord, Ry and Eddie are referring to WGT for the winter which is a completely different class, power source, motor, body, tires, weight, setup etc. Apples and oranges.

P.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Pro10 is in!.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.