Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
2010/2011 WCICS Official Thread >

2010/2011 WCICS Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010/2011 WCICS Official Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

21.5 in gt class

from what i have read in the past, 21.5 (without boost) is a lil faster than gt, this is why you see a limit on gearing, if the final drive ratio is limited then you could have the 21.5 on equal terms with a 30w jhonson can
vta gearing limits made the jhonson can obsolete, but it could be a good starting point for a gear limit, justice could only be served to a jhonson can if it has unlimited gearing against a limited 21.5

i.m.h.o. if we were to include 21.5 motors in gt and have them on equal footing with the silver cans they would have to be strictly regulated in both non boosted esc's and gear ratio
gt is the best beginner class out there, like worldwide its the easiest and cheapest class of touring that you can run

i would personally not like to see gt changed at all, unless its going to be equal
but with a limited 21.5 it could make the class grow
Old 04-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

JJ, GT is not a touring class. Yes you can run a touring car in it but it is NOT a touring car class. How do you go from an F! and saying it's a TC? VTA is really the entry level TC class.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by IronRing Racing
Just as Ian said, the WCICS reps from Edmonton, Regina and myself (couldn't get a hold of Lethbridge), all talked yesterday.
Sorry I was out of town all weekend Josh. If you need to get a hold of me I'm around most evenings after 9pm. I should be on Skype.

Thanks Dave.
The Lethbridge connection.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default ROAR Classes

Here it is guys, the new ROAR class list. Seems like they want to get back to the stock and mod structure......

•April 6, 2010 – ROAR is happy to announced the 2010 Competition Classes to be contested at the 2010 ROAR Electric On-Road Paved National Championship. This years class structure will include a new concept in ROAR National Championship racing, The Sportsman Touring Car class that will use a named list of esc’s and 17.5 brushless motors to provide a fair and even playing field and the reduction in speeds ROAR members have been asking for. The traditional Stock division has been replaced by the Expert division and the Modified division has been replaced by the Open division. The classes to be contested will be as follows:
Sportsman TC
Expert TC (17.5)
Open TC
Expert 1/12th (17.5)
Open 1/12th
Expert World GT (13.5)

Sportsman Divisions will race using the ROAR Sportsman Participant National Guidelines (http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...guidelines.pdf), ROAR approved 17.5 brushless motors and Sportsman approved esc list. The list will be compiled and posted for member use in the coming weeks.

Expert division will use ROAR approved motor winds as designated in the class list and open esc’s.

Open Divisions can use any 1:10 Class Motor Approved . All motors and batteries used must be published on the ROAR Products listing 14 Days prior to start of the event.

Enjoy
Old 04-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tandman
Here it is guys, the new ROAR class list. Seems like they want to get back to the stock and mod structure......

•April 6, 2010 – ROAR is happy to announced the 2010 Competition Classes to be contested at the 2010 ROAR Electric On-Road Paved National Championship. This years class structure will include a new concept in ROAR National Championship racing, The Sportsman Touring Car class that will use a named list of esc’s and 17.5 brushless motors to provide a fair and even playing field and the reduction in speeds ROAR members have been asking for. The traditional Stock division has been replaced by the Expert division and the Modified division has been replaced by the Open division. The classes to be contested will be as follows:
Sportsman TC
Expert TC (17.5)
Open TC
Expert 1/12th (17.5)
Open 1/12th
Expert World GT (13.5)

Sportsman Divisions will race using the ROAR Sportsman Participant National Guidelines (http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...guidelines.pdf), ROAR approved 17.5 brushless motors and Sportsman approved esc list. The list will be compiled and posted for member use in the coming weeks.

Expert division will use ROAR approved motor winds as designated in the class list and open esc’s.

Open Divisions can use any 1:10 Class Motor Approved . All motors and batteries used must be published on the ROAR Products listing 14 Days prior to start of the event.

Enjoy

Not as cut and dry as you think.
from the rule book.

l) In addition to rule 12.2.9, sportsman stock will also be limited to the following new guidelines at national events. Any failure to abide by these non sponsored limitations will incur disqualification from the event for the driver and potentially all other drivers associated with the sponsor in attendance at the national event and product approval sanctions could apply to the sponsor, if applicable.
1. Sportsman Stock participants may only enter into ‘stock’ class at the event.
The racer may not enter Expert Super Stock or Open Modified in any chassis.
Exceptions may apply through deviation approvals in regards to provisional
or demonstration classes or with Executive Committee approval for that
single event only.
2. 17.5 brushless motors only
3. Participation in this level of class regardless of chassis division.
4. No advertising of RC brands on vehicles, apparel, or other sources permitted.
5. Sportsman drivers may have no other source of compensation either
monetarily or with product. This includes travel, lodging and incentive
programs.
6. Although sponsorship cannot be verified in all situations due to but not
limited by a particular sponsor refusing to notify ROAR of the driver’s status,
should the driver be protested and irrefutable proof is established of
sponsorship for that driver, sanctions will apply either immediately and/or
after Executive Committee review.
7. Sportsman drivers may not have their entry fees paid by any business entity regardless of industry affiliation.
8. Driver introductions for A Mains are limited to name, age, home city and
special thanks to non RC related personnel.
9. Touring Class will be RUBBER TIRE only.

1.2. On Road Electric (Paved and Carpet are separated events)
1.2.1. Stock classes 17.5 brushless motor or higher
(Note: Brushed motor has been removed for use in Stock classes at ROAR Nationals.)
1.2.2. Super Stock classes 13.5 or higher
1.2.3. Required classes are in bold as they are IFMAR classes. The other classes listed are
highly recommended.
1/12th Stock
1/12th Super Stock
1/12th Modified
1/10th Stock
1/10th Super Stock
1/10th Modified
1.2.4 Stated products will be announced for this event by the host on the entry flyer.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well, there's ROAR's move! Those touring car classes look great. We'll let our WCICS reps figure out the details of our sportsman requirements, because those are just a bit too hardcore.

Oh, by the way Dwayne, that link doesn't work.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Now it's up to the reps......I'm really looking forward to next year already.....oh yeah....there's the entire summer racing still!!!!

R

Originally Posted by tandman

Sportsman TC
Expert TC (17.5)
Open TC
Expert 1/12th (17.5)
Open 1/12th
Expert World GT (13.5)

Enjoy
Old 04-07-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Oh, by the way Dwayne, that link doesn't work.
http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...guidelines.pdf

The announcement is on the front page of http://www.roarracing.com/
Old 04-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

As Jeff correctly points out, those rule changes are for ashpalt, not carpet; but it certainly gives us a indication of the direction they'll probably take for the carpet rules.

It doesn't really fix the stock/expert class issue, just pushes some guys down to a sportsmen class, which realistically in our series would mean the GT class, or we're into the 3 TC classes issue, and with the rule about not being able to run in any other TC class I'd guess most will still choose to run in stock/expert 17.5, rather than a fixed tming sportsmen 17.5 class. But well see when the carpet rules come out.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

As Jeff correctly points out, those rule changes are for ashpalt, not carpet; but it certainly gives us a indication of the direction they'll probably take for the carpet rules.

It doesn't really fix the stock/expert class issue, just pushes some guys down to a sportsmen class, which realistically in our series would mean the GT class, or we're into the 3 TC classes issue, and with the rule about not being able to run in any other TC class I'd guess most will still choose to run in stock/expert 17.5, rather than a fixed tming sportsmen 17.5 class. But well see when the carpet rules come out.
The ETS series has just announced that they will be using the Speed Passion Cirtix Stock Club Race ESC for their Pro-Stock class. They are able to buy the ESC's at a price of 49 Euros, which is roughly $65CAD, or they can rent them for a price of 5 Euros per race meeting.They get about 100 entries in Pro-Stock at every meeting, and I'm assuming that the series makes some money off of the sales and rentals. I don't see why if we could get Speed Passion's support for our series why we couldn't look at this as a viable option for the Stock TC class.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Glad I didn't buy any 21.5 motors!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pcar951
Glad I didn't buy any 21.5 motors!
+1
seeing them in action they tend to heat up, gotta push em hard to get performance outta em, not any slower than a 17.5 either
Old 04-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jjbkozack
+1
seeing them in action they tend to heat up, gotta push em hard to get performance outta em, not any slower than a 17.5 either
Really, if we were absolutely set about going with a 21.5, I think it would be beneficial to list a minimum and maximum FDR. Keeps your motors cooler and the overall costs lower.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

As mentioned, the reps are moving in the direction of simply following ROAR, rather than repeating past "mistakes" and losing volunteers. So we'll just have to wait and see what ROAR does for carpet.

But yeah Jim, doesn't look like they're going the 21.5 route. Unfortunate, as it really doesn't fix the issue, just creates another class, then prevents anyone from running another TC class if they want.

Maybe they're trying not to mess with the most popular class? Guess I can't argue with that.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

As mentioned, the reps are moving in the direction of simply following ROAR, rather than repeating past "mistakes" and losing volunteers. So we'll just have to wait and see what ROAR does for carpet.

But yeah Jim, doesn't look like they're going the 21.5 route. Unfortunate, as it really doesn't fix the issue, just creates another class, then prevents anyone from running another TC class if they want.

Maybe they're trying not to mess with the most popular class? Guess I can't argue with that.
So how long do you figure until they release a revision for Carpet racing? Also, would we go with the class structure as well, or would we just create our own?

Seems like if we're going to go the direction of ROAR, we may as well just have the series ROAR sanctioned. We gain that bargaining chip if and when the series decides to try to get some larger companies behind the series, or if we're trying to get coverage with a mainstream RC News website such as RedRC.

I do realize that it brings up some issues involving how much man power we actually have to enforce all of the rules that ROAR states should be used at a National event, but I remember reading something the Dawn posted about being able to adapt the rules for your race or series with some changes that make it easier for both the organizers and the racers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.