Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
2010/2011 WCICS Official Thread >

2010/2011 WCICS Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010/2011 WCICS Official Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by c-lyon
Let me know if you find one. (or two).

And thanks for the info Josh.
I thought of sewing two together, but not sure if its still safe!

A honest question here, could i show up with a steel trash can, put crazy long leads on my charger, and charge in the can? lol
Old 04-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ian de la salle
I think rules can change just like last year meeting. We decided to run round
cell for one more year. Start of the season we had lipo cell in our cars. I think
we can make a few changes to the rules. I would like to see silver can to be only seventeen doller moters. No more red dotes. And in Edmonton we do not
stack heats.
Dont get me started on 4 cell lol. Was a bad idea all around (pardon the pun)
Red dots, cant be teched, and ive shown a few motors which dont have a red dot that are just as fast or faster than a red dot. It was discussed at the meeting and dismissed.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

That is the major problem with silver cans that they are extremely hard to tech which makes a brushless motors like the 21.5 a very interesting choice to use for the GT class.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was speaking to someone quite a few months back and I'm quite sure he said the Red dots have some sort of serial number etched into the can of the motor on the wire side of the motor. Is that true?

And from what I can tell so I'm prepared for next year, Reddots are legal then right? When ever I asked someone at one of the events if they were legal, some people thought they were, other people thought not. And some of the people that had them didn't want to admit to it.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonesyCGY
I was speaking to someone quite a few months back and I'm quite sure he said the Red dots have some sort of serial number etched into the can of the motor on the wire side of the motor. Is that true?

And from what I can tell so I'm prepared for next year, Reddots are legal then right? When ever I asked someone at one of the events if they were legal, some people thought they were, other people thought not. And some of the people that had them didn't want to admit to it.
Yeah, they have a serial number scratched into the surface. Regarding legality, my understanding is that you can't open the motor, nor can you try to shift the magnets inside (thereby increasing the timing). So, I believe the red dot motors are legal. Gray-area perhaps, but still legal.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Killerkevin
That is the major problem with silver cans that they are extremely hard to tech which makes a brushless motors like the 21.5 a very interesting choice to use for the GT class.
Completely agree. Its not even about cheating, the variance of performance is a real pain.

I wonder if there is a fixed timing, SEALED brushless motor out there? Couldnt be too hard to create. We need to watch the performance band in these motors though. i dont know alot about the 21.5, but from what ive heard, you need to gear them to heaven. Which means even a class like GT, you can no longer use a cheap TC3, because you cant get the correct gearing in it. Id like to see a cheap sealed brushless motor, that has a lower powered rotor, so you cant get it up, you loose WAY too much torque.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Last edited by tandman; 04-01-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Initiate

The reps of the wics will get together and figure out whats going on. And will
decide the rules for Augest. ALL THIS CRAP MAKES US LOOK LIKE FOOLS. So
have a good summer and talk to reps about problems you have with seris and
your rep will bring them up in the meetings. Thanks Ian.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by Danny-b23; 04-02-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ian de la salle
The reps of the wics will get together and figure out whats going on. And will
decide the rules for Augest. ALL THIS CRAP MAKES US LOOK LIKE FOOLS. So
have a good summer and talk to reps about problems you have with seris and
your rep will bring them up in the meetings. Thanks Ian.
The BEST reply on the subject. Thanks Ian
Old 04-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Good to hear it all got sorted out. We even got Korgae on a little April fools joke. Sorry Korgae, we just had to.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Just as Ian said, the WCICS reps from Edmonton, Regina and myself (couldn't get a hold of Lethbridge), all talked yesterday.

This type of behavior is exactly why we've lost a long-time racer and previous WCICS spokesperson, Stu. He was simply the rep that volunteered to post the decisions, and was wrongly labeled as "dictating" the series. Exactly what's happening here again. In fact, according the the WCICS reps from last year, they confirmed that they all talked regularly and Stu was only posting, and defending, the results of their votes. Then, pure and simple, he got blasted for it, and is no longer with us.

We all agree this stops now.

From now forward, talk to your WCICS reps directly. The reps will discuss over the summer and will post the final rule set by Aug 1. There will be no more votes at any of the races. The rules as of Aug 1 will be frozen for the following season.

The reps are unified.

Josh
Old 04-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
Good to hear it all got sorted out. We even got Korgae on a little April fools joke. Sorry Korgae, we just had to.
You guys had me going.... Scott you were very convincing!

Im already looking forward to next season!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

lol, got you good! Scott was going for the Oscar. I didn't have to do much convincing to get them to go along with it either!

As to the question on silver cans, it was left as any silver can (MB or Johnson) is legal, red dot, four slot, etc, and legality is determined by a dyno test. Whether the host city wants to actually tech that or not is up to them.

Also, just a reminder for those that would like to run mod, or any other class for that matter, the rules are already in place to create, or resurrect, a new class. If more than (I think it's 4 or 5) show up, you've got a class. So if enough guys show up to a WCICS race and want to run mod, it's all good. I think it's just a demo class for the first year, just meaning there's no trophies at the end. If it has enough numbers for the first season, it's then an official class for the next season.

So everything is already in place if you want to run it.

Josh
Old 04-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Thank Goodnes thats Over

Thank goodness that's over I just wanted to say thanks to Stu and previous reps for their efforts in creating this great series. I hope Stu is only gone as a rep and not as a racer. Look forward to seeing everybody in November.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.