Club Cup 2010 - TVRCRC vs ROCK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Speer
TVRCRC: 5 Wins R.O.C.K: 2 Wins

The numbers speak for themselves,..........
Ha dont worry . You will never get it back now. The ROCK has to much talent and experience under the belts. How many trophies Did TVRCRC take home in Touring car at there own event. Only one Clay M 3rd place TC foam thats it.

Rock took home 4 TC trophies.

ha ha Good Luck is all i can say

"All in good humour guys no offence intended " (just covering my A$$ here)
Old 01-30-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Default Rights.

You want Braggin rights? LIke Rick said, 5 - 2...until its even tied...how about you just eat your pie?

As for "talent and experience" ? wrong again. Yes you guys have Doug M. but who else feels the "experience" category?? Rob? talent? Aaron has his days, even Dustin can put together a few laps. Buts its that combo of both talent and experience that wins races (as Doug showed us in Mid Winter)...you guys have lots of one or the other, but not many with both.

as for offroad. main problem is consistent turnouts and comparable classes etc. Offroad is just getting pulled in too many directions at the moment to really plan anything (electric 1/8th, nitro vs electric etc etc etc).
Old 01-31-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Yo

Old and bitter you maybe, but most of us arent.. Keep that in mind.

Second off,,, all this talk about hows the better/faster club is going to make this a non-fun event. Yes we both have good clubs, and we do work together in most cases? Do we not?

Not taking away from kelowna talent, arron, rob, dan, dustin
I personally dont see how we can win, specially if doug can TQ and Win both stock, and super stock. If thats true itll be on shear numbers, and with out a doubt ROCK has the numbers.

Maybe anthony will give us a hand this year, and hopefully we have all member show up to help.

But in the end we all win with a good time, I rather have friends then a stinkin trophy. But it would be nice!

I LIKE SOUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racingnazy
Old and bitter you maybe, but most of us arent.. Keep that in mind.

Second off,,, all this talk about hows the better/faster club is going to make this a non-fun event. Yes we both have good clubs, and we do work together in most cases? Do we not?

Not taking away from kelowna talent, arron, rob, dan, dustin
I personally dont see how we can win, specially if doug can TQ and Win both stock, and super stock. If thats true itll be on shear numbers, and with out a doubt ROCK has the numbers.

Maybe anthony will give us a hand this year, and hopefully we have all member show up to help.

But in the end we all win with a good time, I rather have friends then a stinkin trophy. But it would be nice!

I LIKE SOUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Curtis it will be fun...... Isnt this thread for Smack talk.... Cause I like to talk Smack. Club Cup is about Bragging rights

We have the Cup and good Luck getting it back. I even wished you guys luck ......Cause your gonna need it.

Do we not always have fun at the pub after a days racing. In Kelowna or Kamloops

PS ... The ROCK has 7 Tekin Speed controllers in its aresenal too. not that it will make a difference

Oh hey check out my Avatar. Thats the army of red you will see in Kamloops on the 21st Plus a few more
Old 01-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default yo

yeah sounds like fun. No way we'll keep up to a tekin.. Not even a point of running in it. Ill be there for beers.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by racingnazy
yeah sounds like fun. No way we'll keep up to a tekin.. Not even a point of running in it. Ill be there for beers.
Just because we have Tekin's don't mean you shouldn't race. Points still count. Tell you what...I'll put my tekin on the v200.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Thanks

specially if doug can TQ and Win both stock, and super stock
What am i? Dirt? Pretty sure I beat doug last year in both classes in the Kamloops leg...and i'm planning on being all over him at both this year. Just because the boys from the coast couldn't keep up with him, doesn't mean that I can't.

Dustin, again, next time you see the Cup, count how many times Kamloops is on there. Thanks.

Mod anyone? That would eliminate the "tekin" factor and hopefully pull a few of us out of the "stock" class and up to the "big boy" class where we should be.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Giuseppe
What am i? Dirt? Pretty sure I beat doug last year in both classes in the Kamloops leg...and i'm planning on being all over him at both this year. Just because the boys from the coast couldn't keep up with him, doesn't mean that I can't.

Dustin, again, next time you see the Cup, count how many times Kamloops is on there. Thanks.

Mod anyone? That would eliminate the "tekin" factor and hopefully pull a few of us out of the "stock" class and up to the "big boy" class where we should be.
yeah I saw its 5-2 blah blah blah. But thats gonna change.

Sure why not Lets run mod rubber. see how fun that could be. and The LHS would stand to make a few dollars on blown belts, Diff out drives,ECS pins, diff gears, Spur gears. Hell maybe we should run mod Foam, then we could add in a few sets of tires each car per weekend.

I'm in if you are. maybe we could leave the slow motors for the new guys.
I have a 7.5t that would be perfect. and of course a 13.5 with a Tekin. Both on foam.

All sarcasm aside. I will run MOD if enough are interested. that way i can run two foam classes and lend my rubber car to someone else. For even more points.

Heres to a "BIG BOY class"

And besides then Martin V could bring out some of his 7 single Bullets . Could prove to be a very eventful weekend. ..... I MISS MOD FOAM
Old 01-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Speer
Yes,... R.O.C.K will definitely be first at that,....lollol
Ricky its the ORCA cookin the cans not the TEKIN well at least not yet LOL
Old 01-31-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

if we run mod it's mod rubber...all i got to say.

Foam is dead guys get used to it. The snowbirds race had 9 yes 9 13.5 foam racers At the mid winter there was just enough for a class. Let it go.
There's closer racing on rubber tires.

Jason...you for real.....ya your faster in the dirt.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by G Fielding
Good thing they sell those Tekins here too.......
Well you better order them Quick. Cause we already got all of Hi performances . Horizon is at least a week or two away. But im sure Jason M has ordered som already.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Angry

Originally Posted by dougmartin
if we run mod it's mod rubber...all i got to say.

Foam is dead guys get used to it. The snowbirds race had 9 yes 9 13.5 foam racers At the mid winter there was just enough for a class. Let it go.
There's closer racing on rubber tires.

Jason...you for real.....ya your faster in the dirt.
Sorry Doug . I was just trying to justify buying a 550 dollar Foam spec car. Maybe i will just sell it then. And run a cup racer a mini and a 12th scale ..... Just kidding .... Hey our club is not gonna give up our foamies overnight. Aaron, Rob,Zach,John,Hayes,Myself may not give it up that easy. LONG LIVE THE FOAM. And besides this isnt the snowbirds. and we had more than 9 at a local trophy race . .. I think there was 13

and Jason Good luck beating Doug . at anything. on dirt or carpet. especially with a "GUMBY gone HARD" LOL
Old 01-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This big deal about tekin, what kind of message does it send out to people with limited budgets,that could barely afford the gear they have, now theres a must have $200+ device you need to be competitive?
You guys with budgets, what do you think.....
I hope it doesnt carry over to offroad somehow.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bambikilr
Sorry Doug . I was just trying to justify buying a 550 dollar Foam spec car. Maybe i will just sell it then. And run a cup racer a mini and a 12th scale ..... Just kidding .... Hey our club is not gonna give up our foamies overnight. Aaron, Rob,Zach,John,Hayes,Myself may not give it up that easy. LONG LIVE THE FOAM. And besides this isnt the snowbirds. and we had more than 9 at a local trophy race . .. I think there was 13

and Jason Good luck beating Doug . at anything. on dirt or carpet. especially with a "GUMBY gone HARD" LOL
I know it's not the bird's..... the point is it's one of the biggest races and look at the foam entries....other than the 12th and 10th pancars it's all rubber.

I here you trying to Justify a $550 foam car.....you could convert it and have 2 rubber cars....lol.....run foam i'll still beat ya....muuuhhhhaaaaa
Old 01-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kamlooper
This big deal about tekin, what kind of message does it send out to people with limited budgets,that could barely afford the gear they have, now theres a must have $200+ device you need to be competitive?
You guys with budgets, what do you think.....
I hope it doesnt carry over to offroad somehow.
Bernie it's the new software that was released that makes the Tekin rip. Brian Munn used the Tekin to beat us at the CORCS race in Sept.
I bought a Tekin for the Mid-Winter cause I blew my KO up and needed a new esc. Ya I noticed a difference....racers that were there noticed. Those that could afford it bought one....ESC of the week.
Nothin you can do about it. JMO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.