0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

CARCAR Summer Season

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The on average turn out on a good was about that last year.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Don't forget that Kerry took a poll at last Sunday's race, so that's where I and others voted.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am only an offroad racer, so I cannot comment on the onroad scene. From what I have seen though, I don't think onroad has any problems with racers showing up.
Hopefully with the two clubs joining, there might be more turnouts for offroad.
As it is, if nothing changes I will probably only be doing the big races, and use the Sunday race time to practice.
You will have a hard time getting guys to pay the $50 yearly fee to not have hardly any races. Now I know that the money goes to upkeep and such for the track. Which is ok by me, but I don't think everybody sees it that way. Especially any new people we can get to join. I think we need to take a look at other race clubs and see how they operate and how they get exposure to the public. I know the only way I found out about the offroad track was by another rc owner at one of the hobby stores when I was buying parts. I don't think word of mouth is the best way to get our club name out there.

Now this is only one racers opinion.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Id have to agree with stuart, I wouldnt mind a wednesday night onroad racing, beats having to get up early on sundays.

That is assumeing Im in town this summer anyways.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok, jumping in here from afar, but down here we have the problem of multiple venues trying to stay out of each other's way. Why not do a Saturday and Sunday or do you have a restriction at one of the locations?

I can't imagine the turn out being as good on a Wednesday over a weekend day.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

hello guys well it was decided we are going to give it a try. on road summer racing is going to be held wed. nights under the lights. as for times all i can say now is that we should start @ 6 and go till 9:30-10:00pm let me know what you guys think, we will still have our big summer race on a weekend as usual. the horseshoe club has turned us down to have off road at the same facility, but if anyone knows a place that we can run onroad and off road at the same location, we would be interested in that type of facilty. even if this place does not have pavement we would still be interested in the posibilities. it would be nice to have a complete facility but if we have on-road at the horseshoe club in the winter and summer on-road and off-road at another so be it.

the prez.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

what do you mean it's been decided??

Last I heard we were all still discussing this issue.
Who decided???
Old 02-11-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

well stu i did!!!!!!!!!!!! but the majority of the members that race on sundays were asked the question and this was the out come. can't get any worse than last year, "one race"
Old 02-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

there is something I don't understand. If we can't run off road on Wed because of houses. What is the difference for onroad. Are they quieter?
Old 02-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

we are in the foothills industrial park, no houses within miles. the major problem that faced the onroad club last year is that alot of our members raced off road. so a result was a poor turnout. in order for the sport to grow, we sometimes have to try new things if you need proof look how well our membership is this year close to 65 registered members with an average of 25+ every sunday. all because things were shaken up a couple of years ago, due to people piching in to make the club better by donating there time.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

I have to say Kerry, I disagree with "the major problem that faced the onroad club last year is that alot of our members raced off road. so a result was a poor turnout"

There was only 3 or 4 guys from on road that went to run Off road. But that only took the off road club up to having 7 or 8 guys out to race, there just did not seem to be the interest, or other than Gary, the organisation. Perhaps joining with Carcar will help this situation.

I do completly agree that On Road this Winter has been fantastic.
I do hope though that you do not turn your back on all these members, many of whom are new, and obviously enjoy on road.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Company Representative

Last years off-road was the only one of its kind since I have been racing. A very late start(2.5 months later than it should have been) really hurt the participation last year. This year we will be starting on our usual time frame of 2nd last week of april(weather permitting of course). With the WCORCS being larger than the previous year, our racing should be back to normal. Put last year behind you and look forward to a new year of racing, with more participation and excitment.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Gary,

I am not trying to be negative, and agree we should always be looking to grow the club.

I don't see how taking away race time from the largest supported section of the club will do this.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

stu turning ones back on membership is not what we are all about, if thats what you think the board does then i suggest next year volunteer. i personally don't think that these are your thoughts, because you show keen interest in the future of our sport, however if the board did turn our backs we would find ourselves in the same situation we did a few years ago with the club being on the edge of disarray. what you don't see is what happens behind the scenes. i have spoken with both old and new members alike and it seems to me that there are more people doing off-road this year. what seemed to happen alot last year in the beginning was the few that went to off-road hurt the numbers for onroad sundays. people saw that the numbers were low for the first few races and decided not to waste there time on sunday. not having 4-5 people running on sunday effects the club in a huge way. this wasn't the only reason i'm sure there were a few other factors. at the end of the day we all have the same goal "the club" gary and i have been working on ways to combine the clubs so that one day we can have a strong membership for both on-road and off-road and have the best possible facilty in which to race. weds night was the best option maybe those people who practice on weds would enjoy racing. all i can say is its worth a try, if is isn't working after a few weeks then we can try another approach. lets try to use an open mind.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Kerry

first up, I know what you are thinking, and you are wrong, these are all my thoughts, believe me I am more than capable of coming up with my own ideas.

Second,
I think that for off road to do well in this city you need more racers, presently the largest supported class in off road ( correct me if I am wrong here) is 8th scale buggies.
You try being a kid new to this great looking hobby and try to get an 8th scale buggy, it's really really expensive.
I think we should try to promote electric buggies a whole lot more to get people in the door, so to speak.

Third,
There presently is only 1 class of car I can race in this city 12 months of the year, that class is electric touring. I would hate to see this class shuffled aside in the Summer in the hopes that it'll pick up again in the Winter. We probably will need to offer year round racing in off road as well if we hope to grow the membership mostly as the cash outlay does not equal the amout of race time you can currently get.

So, as Joe would say, these are ( some more of ) my thoughts.

Stu

p.s. I have to say it is great to see some guys that care enough about the hobby to do something about it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.