Wiki Posts
Search

Borgfeldt - Terrible Customer Service for Tamiya

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Borgfeldt - Terrible Customer Service for Tamiya

Apparently this distributor acts as "agent" for Tamiya in Canada. After receiving several condescending and unhelpful emails from Glenn Ressor in the parts department, I now have no intention of supporting Tamiya in the future.

Apparently Borgfeldt is only a distributor and is not a Customer Service Agent for Tamiya in Canada. They have stated that they only warrant items that go through their distribution centre. Maybe someone should correct the information on the Tamiya.ca site.

I wish to forward replies from Borgfedt to Tamiya Japan so they are aware what this company is doing to their reputation. I have noted that others have also had issues with poor customer service with Borgfeldt. If anyone has any contact info for Tamiya Japan, or Company President Shunsaku Tamiya, I would appreciate receiving same. If anyone has had problems with this company, pls feel free to post your reply.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I believe in everyones right to post about their experiences with any company, but from your post I gather that your products that you purchased were not from this distributor? What shop did you get your F104 from? I know that Distributors for products will only help with products that went through them. If you buy an OS motor from Japan or Hong Kong, Great Planes will not help you out with it if there is a problem, as it is not a product they sold. This may be the case with Tamiya Canada also. I'm not doubting your claims at all, just a little more information would be warranted here.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hi Gary.

Thanks you for your reply.

You are correct with respect to the warranty issue of the distributor. However the Tamiya.ca site lists Borgfeldt as the agent for Tamiya Customer service in Canada.

I did not purchase the kit through this distributor, but even the information I received about replacement parts was inaccurate.

Manufacturers warranties are not negated when a sealed item is purchased from a seller online. Customers need to know the contact information when dealing with such issues. This is not available on the Tamiya.ca site. I am still searching for Tamiya Japan's contact info. For the record, this was not with respect to the 104 pro, which went together flawlessly. I have posted here to get contact info, and because I saw that others had negative experience with this distributor.

Thanks Gary.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheInsideLine
If anyone has had problems with this company, pls feel free to post your reply.
Do you mean Tamiya themselves here, or just Borgfeldt?

personally I have been buying Tamiya products since my first car in 1982, and still buy them including a new Buggy Champ just last week.

In my experience, the best is when, like me, you have a local hobby store that are also Tamiya fans. Then your local store can get pretty much whatever you need, and also deal with any issues you may have.

Mind you I have written direct to Mr. Tamiya ( in the days before E-Mail ) and did get a very cool reply with some posters as well.

If you need to find any info for Tamiya, try www.tamiya.com
also, a very good fan site is www.tamiyaclub.com

Stu
Old 08-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Terrible Customer Service? Hey man, it takes something special to distribute the fastest touring car on the planet to no one in Canada. Watch what you say.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

:O omfg!!!

did you try to take it back to the store where you bought it from?
if you bought it online... guess what no warranty! (worth the 5$ savings eh)

seriously dude you wouldnt buy a tv from future shop and when it breaks try to get a warranty from visions.... or would you?

i sell tamiya stuff and havnt had any issues (less for them not having the plethora of inventory for parts i want/need) with borgfelds service, honestly they kick ass! second only to korgae for a canadian distributor

in otherwords... dont trash the company when they havnt done anything wrong, regardless if you feel wronged
Old 03-14-2021, 05:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Matt Murl

I had a bad experience with Borgfeldt and Matt Murl. I don’t understand how a distributor can act as a Tamiya Rep. I’m trying to communicate with Tamiya head office in Japan. Borgfeldt was useless.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

OP can you provide some context to your story here? I'm just curious.