Wiki Posts
Search

2009 CORCS Final - Kamloops Sept 4-6th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey i am going to try to come to this race. not for sure yet but its in the works you could say At this time i am only running mod 2wd buggy but i am tring to get a truck i dout i can get one by this race though being that NCT round 5 in Lewiston, ID is the week before. But if 2wd Buggy is included there is a much better chance i can make it.

Thanks for tring to make it work,
Brian Munn
Old 08-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Your welcome to come up Brian and hope you do. Its just that 2wd and 4wd for that matter have been dormant for quite a while in the area. Now out of the blue we have some renewed interest and Im all for it! I will enter the class too if I can borrow at least a b4, this old xx isnt quite going to cut it
Dont get me wrong for sure there will be 4wd.
Keep checking the thread for news on the subject.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default rcsignup.com

2wd open needs to be added to the sign up so we can add our entries. I don't know about you Brian...i don't need another trophy. I'm more interested in promoting 2wd buggy again and getting exposure. Chat up this thread if you have a 2wd buggy you want to run.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trophys are good but I rather have fun racing and get 2wd buggy started up there again
Old 08-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2wd mod buggy

If this class is added I will most likely buy a B4 and get it going in time. I havn't run 2wd buggy in about 11yrs so it would be a blast!
Old 08-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Nice. More buggys the better! So what kind of tires work and how is tire wear?
Old 08-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Default RCSignUp

2wd Buggy has been added to RC Sign up.

Bernie, you can borrow my B4, but you will need to put an ESC in it...the Losi one in there isn't working at the moment.

I may be able to loan out a 2wd truck as well...haven't decided what I'm running yet.

Tires. Step pins work pretty good, but I've been messing around with holeshots as well. Depends on how wet the track gets, it tends to stay somewhat hard. moderate tire wear. So I'd suggest bringing a big pin tire, and a small pin tire and see what you prefer.

I will try to post some pictures in the next week or so. Does any one down there run 1/8th Nitro? They should come along too.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I should be able to get my old XX running for the race. I'll check it out on my next days off here and see if its still alive....

Old 08-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Theres guys that run nitro but alot will be at the NCT the weekend before and who knows if they want to go. But I am going to try my best to make it. I am even going to try to find a truck too but that is still pending.....
Old 08-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The track surface/dirt is very unique. Some have called it "sand", some have called it "clay". Obviously it cant be both. If it was sand, the track would not puddle up when watered, if it was clay it would not be able to be broken up with a shovel easily, but I will say it has some clay characteristics.
The tracks straightaway and a few other sections are hard packed and can be slick when dry, thus the need for a minipin type tire. The rest of the track where the dirt is not hard packed, but freshly groomed and watered offers some amazing traction, thus the need for a step pin.
The tire life is very good Id have to say, if the track was run dry then im sure we'd lose some lug edges, but we water and groom to keep things consistent. Also there are almost no rocks, pure dirt
Another thing, you will be working on your setup for a "less then smooth" surface....lol, as the nitros tend to do a bit of digging on the terrafirma.
Hope this helps (without giving too much away!)
Old 08-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Angry way to go Bernie

Originally Posted by kamlooper
The track surface/dirt is very unique. Some have called it "sand", some have called it "clay". Obviously it cant be both. If it was sand, the track would not puddle up when watered, if it was clay it would not be able to be broken up with a shovel easily, but I will say it has some clay characteristics.
The tracks straightaway and a few other sections are hard packed and can be slick when dry, thus the need for a minipin type tire. The rest of the track where the dirt is not hard packed, but freshly groomed and watered offers some amazing traction, thus the need for a step pin.
The tire life is very good Id have to say, if the track was run dry then im sure we'd lose some lug edges, but we water and groom to keep things consistent. Also there are almost no rocks, pure dirt
Another thing, you will be working on your setup for a "less then smooth" surface....lol, as the nitros tend to do a bit of digging on the terrafirma.
Without giving to much away???? Don't worry guys i've given the Munns the lowdown on the track and how nice the facility is. I found your track surface amazing last year...along with the watering,it was pretty awesome and consistent. Sure the nitros rip it up...but you've mentioned you like to maintain it! Let's hope Brian and friends make it...they won't be disappointed.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Default 2wd eh?

gees, just like the old days eh.... if someone wants to set me up with a buggy I am GAME! I remember the good ol days too I think I used to make the A's quite often.... LOL arrrrrrrrrrrr!
hey maybe someone can get dave henry from kyosho canada to step in too?
Old 08-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kamlooper
thanks that explains alot maybe a hole shot or double d in the groove and a step pin may be better if you get out of it. i got it covered for buggy. "if" a truck comes i will buy a set of each. I am about 75% sure i am going to make this race! I am making progress on coming
Old 08-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by BulletMan
hey maybe someone can get dave henry from kyosho canada to step in too?
Dave hasn't been with Kyosho for 10 years now, lol.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

so what works for tires in 1/8th buggy? Im assuming hard to medium compounds with any tires, seeing how its so freaking hot there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.