Search

Lmrca

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Lmrca

Well the first club meeting has been held for 2004 and while the turnout was low for the meeting I suspect it will grow immensely and eventually turn into a huge group.
Officially the club is under way.
We have voted to hold racing ourselves as well as attend races held by local organizers wishing to hold races within certain guidelines.IE. minimum track widths, washroom facillity, drivers stand.
No-one will be excluded from being a member but all members are required to agree to certain rules of conduct before becoming a member.
New track locations were discussed and will be viewed over next couple weeks for final decision on what location is best.
Points about donated dirt and machinery were also discussed.
The club will cover all forms of RC racing in the lower mainland and is aiming to be at the forefront of the hobby and helping the hobby grow here while keeping racing strong locally.
Putting an end to the cliques locally as to bring all racers together for greater competitions at local races.
More to be discussed at next meeting same place same time in three weeks.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

I'm going to the next meeting for sure!!!! Hopefully there gets to be to many people for Pipeous' hall!!!
Old 01-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone else know about the site?????
Old 01-21-2004, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Yes but they are so familiar with the other one.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:34 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys. Looks like support for the club is going to be strong. I have had contact from a lot of guys that have been out of racing too, they are wanting to get back involved.
A lot of good feedback on the rules of conduct, especially regarding screaming at corner marshals and drivers' on the stand. I am sure we can address these issues a couple of ways.

I have been working on a basic website on a promotional for a server and stuff. It was a 3 year deal for free and we look at what we will do from there as far as a contract. I don't have a credit card so purchasing the domain name, however cheap ($5.95 US a year), I can't do. I will post the temporary addy when it is up, access error in ftp upload.

I spoke with a representative of Cam RC earlier tonight and Seb confirmed their track is moving to a new location up Pipeline Road. I hope by opening up talks there we can work towards the goal of the LMRCA and race scene altogether.

We can have the hall pretty much anytime we need it now, and the day we originally scheduled falls on the same day as an on road race so I think we should change that to Saturday instead of Sunday, making the next meeting Saturday Feb 7th. I am waiting for confirmation on the race date before changing reservation on the hall though.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Pipeous, that would be fine with me.....It would get me out of work anyway. Too much overtime, but it helps to buy r/c stuff!!!! Oh yeah, I noticed that your a "tech rookie" as well!!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default Website

Here is a temporary setup. The site I just whipped up in a couple seconds to get something to test. Improvememnts will be coming. There have been opffers to create the website by members, which is fine with me. I can keep the updates going and will work with some people until the real site is done completely

http://s95065818.onlinehome.us

As soon as we get the domain name I will change things as well and set uop the email accounts and whatnot..
Old 01-22-2004, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Looks good Barry. If I had any sort of computer skills at all, I'd offer to help with that, but I am lucky to get this damn thing to turn on everyday as it is. Let me know what I can do to help with anything.
See you tomorrow night at Rays, for some micro action!!

Colin
Old 01-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

I like it so far. Not that theres alot of info yet....but its definately a start. I really like the background.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Can't wait to get the new track out here built!!!! I'm goin nuts sitting inside most of the time and getting board of running my Savage on the road!!
Old 01-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Hey INFERNO?? Is the LMRCA going to be responsible for the new track that might be built in Surrey??
Old 01-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Yes most likely they will,the track is going to be one of the only ones run without any store affilliation.Donations from stores for racing prizes or contributions are acceptable but at no time will any shops actually run the track.We would like to run the racing like it is run down south and a few other places accross Canada......club run.It has been most successfull in other places and the Hobby shops all benifit equally.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Oh and as far as going nuts , I know the feeling but I have eased my pain slightly.I ran my Kyosho today and oooooooooo i miss the power.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default http://www.LMRCA.com

The domain is now registered and the webpage will be up soon.

Please take a moment and have a look at the forum which is now up and operating...

http://www.lmrca.com/forum/

Mach 3 is the man. This is like a jump back in history except we have so much more support than 10 years ago..... gotta love the power of the internet.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default Next general meeting

Due to a local on road race at Cloverdale Fairgrounds this Sunday, The general meeting will be held Saturday February 7th at 2 PM.

Actual address on the building is 12185 82nd Avenue, Surrey, but it is pretty hard to miss the lone building in the middle beside the swings and stuff.... This building is located in the Waldon Place Co Op.

and here is a link to a map...
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...submit=Get+Map

Please remember to park on the street (82nd Avenue) as there is limited space available in the complex. I would like to keep the peace in case we need to use the hall for further events or meetings.

Last edited by Pipeous; 02-03-2004 at 04:21 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.