Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What about NORRCA ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone check out the RCN site. Forget about those others, they have let us all down in the past. Let's get the recognition you guys deserve.

Let me know if you have any questions. We are hosting a RCN town meeting tonight from 9pm-11pm eastern time at the link below. Please come and take part in it.

http://www.goodchatting.com/teamrcv.html
Old 02-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Gary Fliegel
Baby steps Ren. We are starting to make inroads to making a Canadian Org, it will just take some more time to let things fall into place. I can't go into major details, but hopefully in the next few years we will be under our own banner with Ifmar recognition.
So you say there is some sort of Canadian Organization on the way
This is good news.

Let put ifmar to the side right now because how many people will
Ever go to the worlds? I know we all dream

We should have an open discussion on what kind of Organization we would like see and what it can do for Racing at the local level where most races race.

More things to discuses
1. Membership fee’s how much?
2. What the money would be used for?
3. Voting rights?
4. Rules?
5. Regional, Provincials, Nationals?

All organization’s need start some where. But the most important
Thing is what kind of an organization we would like to see and have.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Hey if there is a canadain group coming up i will volunteer to help out in anyway i can i think it would be great to have something for canada.

About ifmar it would be great that it was part of ifmar if not just for the small amount of guys that would go, but to be free of any other group that would just about kill any hopes of a canadain going. we would have our own rules and races a provincial would be cool. national's would be great i would rather go to a race that had 150 canadain racers from all over the country then the worlds
Old 03-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I agree with the baby steps theory. The WCORCS has taken racing to a "next level" in that it is organized and has all the elements of a National title without a full nation behind it.When a few of us dreamed up the idea of WCORCS I always thought it could go national eventually with the series extending to the Central and east provinces and the year final being hosted the same formula we have now.This all eventually leads to a sanctioning body and it would not be hard to include on road in that with a slight name change like Canadian RC Championship series........ but this is a ways away and what we have now is great.
We can all dream though.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wcorcs is not a governing body it’s still just run by a hand full of people not giving racers a real voice.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wcorcs is doing a great job!
I don't think you must have been out to any races last year.
I think they were extremely well run races, for a fully vollunteer based organization.
I don't know what you mean by a voice, or is it just you don't get what you want.
I noticed last year that there was alot of good guys out to race and have a good time. Then there are the others, a little too serious contantly complaining, and wishing they were pros.
This is just my opinion, if you are offended you must be one of those other guys.

Larry Goatman Blois
Old 03-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

No one ever said WCORCS is a govorning body , it is merely a series of races set up similar to a series you would find in a fully govorned or sanctioned series.
Mr Flibble you are from the lower mainland I notice yet you have never asked me about anything regarding the series that I have not answered or to my knowledge requested any changes or had any input.If you want more information or have concerns , suggestions or just want to talk and get in the loop then ask me. I will help however I can.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

WCORCS is a total success!! The series is great! I have no complaints about any of the races I attended last year which included Coquitlam, Quesnel and Kelowna. I had a great time at all of the rounds I went to. Of course there is going to be disagreements between people, that is human nature. You can't please everybody but you can try to please the majority, and that is exactly what the organisers have done. out of all the racers I have spoken with, I have only heard a couple of complaints. Of those complaints, most were petty and could be argued either way. The other complaints were just about growing pains the series is going to encounter as this is all pretty new to all of us.

If anyone has any concerns about the series or any of the races, you can always voice your opinions to the representatives of your particular region and they will discuss it with the region representstives to come to a solution. I can't believe anybody can come here and say they are being ignored or not listened to. That is a total load of crap!

Being from the lower mainland, I recognise the few people on here that are complaining and can say that they are part of the same small group of individuals who are making things ugly in the lower mainland. Why can't we all just go to the races and give it our best to have a good time and race fairly? I am coming into this season with a new attitude and I will be at all the races I can fit into my schedule. I will even race in Coquitlam, and I will have fun doing it too. I don't want any more politics to ruin a great hobby that we all enjoy so much.

I hope to see all of you at the track with a big smile this year!

Colin
Old 03-05-2004, 03:08 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The series was created by a group of like minded individuals that saw the opportunity to create something really fun with minimal politics . Those individuals intend to keep it that way. When there are well over 120 smiling faces racing at an event, the few that want to make it a political thing, or complain constantly can go and start their own race series and set up whatever rules and governing body they wish.

No one here is forcing anyone to come and have a great time with good friends and enjoy racing.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:25 AM
Tech Addict

Mr Fliegel...you've nailed it!

I think it was Goatman that mentioned the moaning seams to come from people that think thaey are/should be "pro's"...

If you want to take racing "toy cars for bowling trophies" seriously then pay you're ROAR/NORCA membership, race the (ROAR) Nat's and qualify for the World's. I mean c'mon...there's more people racing in California than all of Canada. If anybody out there seriously thinks that Canada should be able to send racers to the World's just because we're another (not the US) country...I don't what to say...we're miniscule in relation to the rest of the world.

Anyway...

The WCORC series was created and brought to reality by a bunch of racers and enthusiastic people. They wanted to have an opportunity to bring racers from Western Canada together for more than one single race to see who had the stuff to it takes to win. It covers five (or more) major racing centers in the region and after one year has gained the respect of a lot of racer's as one of if not "the" title to have. I won't speak for guy's like Richard or Wayne or any of the other class winners but...do you want to win a title (let's say a ROAR/NORCCA regional) at a single race or over a series of events that gives more racers a chance to compete. While the WCORCS does not have any "official" sanction as a "Championship" series I'm sure that the participants were not heartbroken that their win (or runner-up, or even last place finish) was not recognised by a sanctioning body.

Like Gary said:
No one here is forcing anyone to come and have a great time with good friends and enjoy racing.
If you want the recognition, go swim with the big fish (race the ROAR/NORCCA Nat's) and play by their rules. Otherwise come out to one hell of good series that is homegrown and have some FUN! ...that is, after all, why you got into this hobby...right ?

Last edited by BuddhaTech; 03-06-2004 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

I agree - who cares about Roar, NORRCA, Ifmar etc now?

WCORCS is a huge hit. There are tons of guys to race, it is a fun atmosphere, close racing, you get to travel (but not too much), virtually 0 politics and the event costs are low. IMO this series we have is far, far, far better than any of the alternatives.

The only extra thing I'd like to see in the future is a unified Canadian Champs - but maybe evey 2nd year. Based on an east/west point series - and some kind of ranking system for drivers accross Canada in the series. Final would be open to everyone to attend and alternate East/West every 2 years.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

No offence to anyone but i think this was more of an ALL r/c not just for offroad. it is not about going to the worlds or anything like that is about having everyone run basicly the same rules and getting together on a larger scale for the country is what i think was meant by this. like i have said before i would rather go to a race with 100 canadain racers then go to the worlds
Old 03-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

I don't think there is any reason why this could not grow into other forms of racing as well.Canadian Championship Series could be something we could work on for all forms of racing, indoor electric on road, out door on road nitro and electric, and of course the off road as we are doing already.This is something I am willing to step forward to help with.