Search

IROCC Speed Weekend 2009 Summer Touring Car Trophy Race - Victoria BC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just two weeks away!

Hey all Speed Weekend fans! We're just two weeks away from the big event and IROCC has been very busy getting everything in place.

This year we have some upgraded interior walls which I think everyone will like. We'll also be using our sugar coating process to offer unbelievable traction for both rubber and foam classes. And of course we'll be making use of RC Scoring Pro as our timing software which will be live during the morning/evening practice sessions to call your laptimes for you. Personal transponders are supported, and we'll have handout transponders for those without personals.

This year also features a new 2009 edition Speed Weekend T-Shirt courtesy of BC Shaver and Hobbies. You'll know the shirt artwork as the great work of Dr. Jody Haddow, one of our resident graphic artists. Also, continuing in our tradition of awarding prizes to all contestants, each and every racer will receive a trophy thanks to Swiftsure Cabinetry and Dekelz.com. Dekelz' very own Mick Szirmay will be unleashing his graphic genius on the awards once again this year!

July 11/12 - We hope to see you all here!
Blake
Old 06-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Registration

I've had a few questions about registration for Speed Weekend 2009. We don't normally take internet pre-registration (since it's usually far from accurate), so just plan on registering on Saturday morning at the track. The first qualifier starts at noon, so there will be plenty of time to register and still get lots of practice in during the morning. If you are coming over on Friday evening, you will be able to register at the track between the hours of 7PM and 9PM.

Remember that out-of-town racers (outside of Greater Victoria) get their 2nd (and 3rd) classes for free!

As for early registration numbers, I can tell you that, without taking a single registration from out of town, we have about 60+ local IROCC entries so far.

Blake
Old 06-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Whats the address to the track?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Here are some detailed instructions on how to find the IROCC track:

Track Location
BC Transit Park 'n' Ride Lot beside the Juan de Fuca Recreation Center (1767 Island Highway, Colwood BC)

Map
http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msa=0&...,0.598755&z=11

Directions from Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal
1. Drive off the ferry and keep South on the Pay Bay Highway (#17) for about 25 kms.
2. Take the McKenzie Ave exit ramp and go West on McKenzie Ave for about 2 kms.
3. Go North on the Trans Canada Highway (#1) for about 3 kms.
4. Take the Colwood exit. As the exit lane splits be sure to stay to the left.
5. This is now the Old Island Highway (#1A). Follow it for about 3 kms.
6. Turn left on Ocean Blvd.
7. Follow Ocean Blvd around the corner and the track will be in the parking lot on your right.

Directions from Victoria International Airport
1. Leave Victoria International Airport on Willingdon Road and follow Willingdon for about 1 km.
2. Turn left on McTavish Road.
3. Immediately turn right (South) on the Pay Bay Highway (#17) and follow the highway for about 18 kms.
4. Take the McKenzie Ave exit ramp and go West on McKenzie Ave for about 2 kms.
5. Go North on the Trans Canada Highway (#1) for about 3 kms.
6. Take the Colwood exit. As the exit lane splits be sure to stay to the left.
7. This is now the Old Island Highway (#1A). Follow it for about 3 kms.
8. Turn left on Ocean Blvd.
9. Follow Ocean Blvd around the corner and the track will be in the parking lot on your right.

Blake
Old 06-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Set your GPS to Tim Horton's 1820 Island Highway, Victoria, BC we are right across the street from it

at the lights before Tims

Turn left on Ocean Blvd.
Follow Ocean Blvd around the corner and the track will be in the parking lot on your right.

-=light=-
Old 06-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks that will come in handy!
Old 06-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by light
Set your GPS to Tim Horton's 1820 Island Highway, Victoria, BC we are right across the street from it.

Bonus! Reeeeally looking forward to my first visit to Victoria in almost 25 years! Should be a ton of fun pitting for Team Weston (hopefully they're not too much work for me!). I might even get some 1/10 pan car action in for myself .
Old 06-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default See you their!

Plain tickets are bought, Hotels are booked........ No looken back now! Can't wait

I'm wondering if you guys will let my good buddy "Budda" run my 1/10 WGT 4cell car in the 10 pan class? Also would he have to meet the same weight requirement (only being 4 cell) as the 6cell guys?

Thanks in advance
Tom
Old 06-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T.Weston
Plain tickets are bought, Hotels are booked........ No looken back now! Can't wait

I'm wondering if you guys will let my good buddy "Budda" run my 1/10 WGT 4cell car in the 10 pan class? Also would he have to meet the same weight requirement (only being 4 cell) as the 6cell guys?

Thanks in advance
Tom
Hi, Tom.

Mike (if it is the same Budda) would be welcome to run the car, I would think! Please say hi to him from me. I used to race with him back in the day. As far as limits, ROAR spec would apply but Blake will be the fella to let you know. I also have a Muslanne body here if Mike would like a GTP shell for the chassis. LMK.

Phil
Old 06-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Mike and Tom,

Great to hear that you guys are making it out from Calgary. And flying no less! Thanks for the support!

If you want to recoup the flight costs I can set you two up with free accommodation together, or at least a free pickup from the airport. Let me know if you'd be interested in either.

As for Pan Car, I'm pretty sure we can get Mike setup. What type of chassis is it Tom? Will it fit a 6-cell or a 7.4V LiPo? If not, then I see no problem with allowing the 1106g weight for a 4-cell WGT Pan Car. Note that we run high downforce GTP bodies so you might want to borrow one from someone here. Our Pan Car class has several CRC GenX10 cars, several Corallys, and several Associated 10L based cars.

Blake
Old 06-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gilligan
I also have a Muslanne body here if Mike would like a GTP shell for the chassis. LMK.

Phil
Thanks for stepping up with the GTP body offer Phil. You posted at about the same time as me, and I hadn't read yours yet.

Blake
Old 06-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Phil! You going to be racing?

The last time I wheeled a pan car on asphalt was the regionals at the Currie Barracks back in early '90's...remember that? I destroyed my Twister car...wrote that sucker off after hitting the "yump" on the back straight. I think it rained carbon fibre for 2 minutes!

WGT car....If it's ok the plan was to just run the World GT car as is (13.5 BL and 4cell NiMH) with the WGT spec tires. It's lighter than the 6 cell cars, only 190mm wide and has a GT body on it (probably take Phil up on the Mulsanne body ). On carpet it will run about the same lap times as Superstock TC. Asphalt.....who knows. We'll run it in practice and see how it goes. Might be just for gits and shiggles
Old 06-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks

Thanks for the offer Blake, but we are flying into Abbotsford and taken the Ferry over with Dad (Byron) on Sat. morning. My first time out to the Island for an RC race, heard it is a pretty good time.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BuddhaTech
WGT car....If it's ok the plan was to just run the World GT car as is (13.5 BL and 4cell NiMH) with the WGT spec tires. It's lighter than the 6 cell cars, only 190mm wide and has a GT body on it (probably take Phil up on the Mulsanne body ).
Sounds good Mike. Your setup should be just fine as we allow anything up to 235mm, 7.4V max, 10.5BL max, and basically any body. Most of us run GTP bodies which are a big help in the downforce department. You'll be down on horsepower with just the 4-cells so the lighter weight is fine.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Blake
Old 06-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T.Weston
Thanks for the offer Blake, but we are flying into Abbotsford and taken the Ferry over with Dad (Byron) on Sat. morning. My first time out to the Island for an RC race, heard it is a pretty good time.
Sounds good Tom. Please thank your dad for me; I bet he was responsible for dragging you out here!

Blake

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.