R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Canadian R/C Scene (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene-27/)
-   -   Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene/294636-trukz-calgary-1-10-scale-off-road-racing.html)

mfd 05-04-2009 05:02 PM

Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing

Hi All

I just wanted to let everyone know that KARZ Calgary is expanding into off Road for 2009. We will be running an outdoor electric only 1/10 scale track behind the Huntington Hills Community Centre. We are hoping to be up and running with the track by June 2009. Our track will be approxmately 40' by 100'.

Classes will be as follows:

1/10 scale 2wd Buggy
1/10 scale 2wd Truck
1/10 scale 4wd buggy
Stock Spec Traxxas Slash

More details on motor limits, race nights, practice nights, etc will be posted shortly. PM me if you have any initial questions.

Thanks

Aaron

Swampracer 05-04-2009 05:46 PM

And I sold my B44

CRAP......I just sold my B44!!!

adica1 05-05-2009 07:26 AM

Double crap!!! I just sold my Kyosho zx-5

SUNA 05-05-2009 07:29 AM

Did everyone sells theirs?

Scottmisfits 05-05-2009 08:04 AM

Aaron, obviuosly with RC GEARS going now, I can't be around to help a lot. But please let me know if I can do something for you. And definatley let us know about race days and practise days when everything is set.

And Suna, You must have a museum of stuff in your basement. You don't have enough cars to let these guys run? We all know it's in pristine condition. LOL

hprt 05-05-2009 08:31 AM

Aaron,

Much like everyone else, Emily and I are really looking forward to this :nod:

As an aside, I'm not sure if you are looking for donations ($$$ or materials) to ensure that this program goes ahead, but in the event that people want to help out the club, can you post a note here as to how that can be accomplished?

I also assume that the track construction schedule(s) will be posted here when the information come available?

scribbler 05-05-2009 10:13 AM

What are the rules for each class? Are they posted anywhere?

and ... what is supplied. Do you have to bring tables? is there a power supply for charging between rounds?

SUNA 05-05-2009 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits (Post 5772108)
And Suna, You must have a museum of stuff in your basement. You don't have enough cars to let these guys run? We all know it's in pristine condition. LOL

I think you must have a man crush on me or something. You and others seem to always be interested in me and my cars. No clue why else you constantly feel the need to discuss what I do or don't do. :D

Scottmisfits 05-05-2009 10:29 AM

Thats not what you were saying last night!!

The rules for all the other classes will be the same as the ROAR rules. I talked to Aaron yesterday and he said the motor limit would be capped. Probably at 19t/13.5t.

As for Slash, if it didn't come out of the box like that, you can't run it. Oil's, bearings, and radio is fine to change. Batteries will be 7 cell nicd/nimh or 2 cell lipo. As for tires, throughout the winter we did stock but there are a few more out now. Traxxas, Proline, and Associated all have true style Short Course Truck tires. None of them are working everywhere but the all work in different area's of the states, depending on dirt compound.

adica1 05-05-2009 10:34 AM

Ok now I'm really excited for this!

Ivan, you better get an off-road car - Andrew is in - TEAM CT

mfd 05-05-2009 04:29 PM

Hey Guys

Thanks for all of the excitement so far. I will answer your questions as best I can at the moment.

1. We don't want to have any conflicts with scheduling with RCGEAR so right now we are looking at a Monday night race night until the weather is too cold.(we have lights on the track so can race when it gets dark out). We are also looking at a Saturday afternoon practice day. Hopefully you will be able to practice/race offraod in Calgary between the two clubs every day of the week but Wednesday and Friday.

2. We will be looking for volunteer help from anyone who can donate their time. We will be posting the first work day in the near future. We would also except cash or material donation as well, but it is not needed. We recieved a grant from the Calgary Foundation to get us started.

3. We will have power and water available from the community hall. We will also have some tables available as well. We have been blessed with a natural drivers stand as well. It is a great site.

4. Like Scott L said, we will most likely follow ROAR rules with a 19t/13.5 motor limit. For now we are keeping the slash class only slashes until we see what the other short course trucks can do. Like Scott said, the only changes allowed will be radios, fluids and setups. 6-7 cell NIMH ot 2 cell lipo batteries.

I think that is all the questions for now. I will finalize some things later on in the week and post.

Our first work day will most likley be in the evening next week. We need to clean some of the debris from the site and sweep it clean to get ready for the dirt.

Stay tuned!

Aaron

monkeyracing 05-05-2009 05:05 PM

Congrats Aaron, I'm glad you got this up and running. I suppose Brad deserves a (grudging) nod as well for all of his efforts.

KARZ and TRUKZ together provide a great all around package!

Now if we could only get our very own building....

Jim

mfd 05-05-2009 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by monkeyracing (Post 5774157)

Now if we could only get our very own building....

Jim

It's in the works isn't it?

Aaron

Hyper_Mike 05-05-2009 09:21 PM

Cooooooool

You guys have NO idea how excited I am about this!

Please do let me know what I can do to help make this happen...I've been hoping for dedicated 1/10th scale offroad racing for a long time!

Cheers,
Mike

monkeyracing 05-05-2009 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by mfd (Post 5775034)
It's in the works isn't it?

Aaron

Pardon the pun, but there's nothing concrete, yet.

Jim