R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.38 average.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:22 AM   #1576
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 85
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Well that was a blast today. Chris come a visit as often as you can and thanks Brad for the burger at lunch. Don't think I have had as much fun in RC as I have at Trukz
Rozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:00 AM   #1577
Tech Master
 
Racing wolfpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,944
Default trukz

Thanks Chris for coming out and supporting trukz. I wish you great success in BC and look forward to when come back once a month to race with us. The clubs in BC are lucky to be getting a great supporter of the hobby and super guy to have on there tracks and in there pits. You will be missed in Calgary

Thanks
Brad
Racing wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:47 AM   #1578
Tech Regular
 
twk-b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: calgary
Posts: 379
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to twk-b
Default

If anyone has a transponder for karz/trukz they are selling I am looking for two of them... I will be out there tomorrow if u want to drop it off to me

-b
twk-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:16 PM   #1579
mfd
Tech Addict
 
mfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 691
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hello All

We are racing this Saturday. Doors open at 10, racing at 11. Check our website out at Home - TRUKZ RC Raceway for details. It is suppose to be rainy outside, but will be warm and dry in the facility.

We will also be firing up the BBQ again this weekend. Trukz will be providing FREE hotdogs and burgers this Saturday.

Also just to give people a heads up this will be our last race on the current track layout. If you can spare an extra hour after racing this Saturday, we would appreciate the support pulling up the track barriers.

Lots planned for the club and facility over the next few weeks:

-New track layout and surface (100 percent clay)
-Overhead door to replace the two current fold out doors.
-Plywood pit area flooring (goodbye lost parts in the dirt!)
-New heater coming for the far end of the track
-New outhouse
-More parking space

More details on workdays will be coming up soon.

Thanks

Aaron
mfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 03:41 PM   #1580
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 44
Default Summer Classic in Kamloops

If you guys are looking for some racing time while your track rebuild is happening (which is awesome!!) we would love to see you guys in Kamloops June's 23-25 for the third race in the new WORS series!! Lots of info on the Facebook page under western off-road racing series or under the rctech posts for WORS or WORS #3. We also just rebuilt our track and driver stand and made some changes! I hear some guys are coming from Edmonton so we would love to see some guys from Calgary!!! Everyone is welcome to signup at rcsignup.com (Summer Classic)
punisher87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:06 AM   #1581
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
Default

Hey ppl. Im curious about the sct racing. I have a slash 4x4 hcg modified

I bought mine an joined the red deer club when i first started. I knew nothing. Still dont. But in a hurry i learned their course is more less a truggy course. Had a huge triple that was hard on parts.
I basically parked my truck for 3years. Finally got playing with it again an the fun is new to me again. Id really like to bring it to the track. Run it against some other to test my skill an learn some tips for local pro's

What should i bring to the track? How many batteries? What size are best for racing? I do have a transponder (my laps) still in its package. When is the best time to go to get the most outa making the teip?
Feltslasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:02 PM   #1582
mfd
Tech Addict
 
mfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 691
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hey

Nice to hear from you. We do run a 2wd SCT class at our track. Check out our website at Home - TRUKZ RC Raceway for the class information and location. We usually race Saturdays at 11:00am, but are currently rebuilding our track. Keep looking here for updates on our next race.

You are welcome to bring your modified 4wd SCT to the track to see if we can fit it into a class, but if we are unable to find a suitable class for your truck to run in (we don't offer 4wd SCT at the moment) we can lend you one of our demo trukz so you can race.

We are a 1/10 scale track that is pretty easy on parts. We provide pit space, tables, and power at the track. You just need to bring you truck, radio gear, charger, 1-2 batteries and a chair and you will be good to go.

I think we are pulling out about 900 Mah during a qualifier and we run 3 quals and a main on a day. Maybe some of the other SCT guys guy chime in on how much battery they are pulling out per qualifier.

We run the ilaps transponder system, but have loaners available. We also sell them at the track for a reasonable cost.

Please keep your eyes posted hers for updates and ask any other questions you may have. Also search for "Trukz" on facebook to join our page and group on there.

Thanks

Aaron


Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltslasher View Post
Hey ppl. Im curious about the sct racing. I have a slash 4x4 hcg modified

I bought mine an joined the red deer club when i first started. I knew nothing. Still dont. But in a hurry i learned their course is more less a truggy course. Had a huge triple that was hard on parts.
I basically parked my truck for 3years. Finally got playing with it again an the fun is new to me again. Id really like to bring it to the track. Run it against some other to test my skill an learn some tips for local pro's

What should i bring to the track? How many batteries? What size are best for racing? I do have a transponder (my laps) still in its package. When is the best time to go to get the most outa making the teip?
mfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:10 PM   #1583
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 6,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Tech Question: Is it worthwhile running a VTS slipper on a B6D? Trying to decide which one to install. Thx!
__________________
Stab it and steer.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:46 PM   #1584
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 85
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Sounds like someone got a new ride. Wait till you see the new track



Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
Tech Question: Is it worthwhile running a VTS slipper on a B6D? Trying to decide which one to install. Thx!
Rozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:12 AM   #1585
mfd
Tech Addict
 
mfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 691
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hi All

Great weekend of track work happened this weekend. Curtis posted some photos on facebook so go join our facebook page and group! I am also posting some progress photos from Sunday. Thanks to all that came out and for Keith for supplying us with homemade burgers.

Sub of the subfloor half done.



New Concrete for part of the wall that was crumbling.



New clay (supper grippy) is almost all formed and packed.



Drawing of the layout that we went with. We have added a feature to help with pile ups on the first lap.



Keep looking here for updates and our re-opening date.

Thanks

Aaron

Last edited by mfd; 06-19-2017 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Spelling
mfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:00 PM   #1586
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 6,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozzy View Post
Sounds like someone got a new ride. Wait till you see the new track
Yeah. Maybe.
__________________
Stab it and steer.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:15 PM   #1587
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 6,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Did anyone find a pair of pliers while tearing down last week? Small, blue handles.
__________________
Stab it and steer.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:46 PM   #1588
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 85
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Running the 17.5 In my sct I could probably run all 3 qualifiers on a 4900 mah pack. Now that was on the old track with different type of clay. So far the new stuff seems sticky and that should burn more power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfd View Post
Hey

Nice to hear from you. We do run a 2wd SCT class at our track. Check out our website at Home - TRUKZ RC Raceway for the class information and location. We usually race Saturdays at 11:00am, but are currently rebuilding our track. Keep looking here for updates on our next race.

You are welcome to bring your modified 4wd SCT to the track to see if we can fit it into a class, but if we are unable to find a suitable class for your truck to run in (we don't offer 4wd SCT at the moment) we can lend you one of our demo trukz so you can race.

We are a 1/10 scale track that is pretty easy on parts. We provide pit space, tables, and power at the track. You just need to bring you truck, radio gear, charger, 1-2 batteries and a chair and you will be good to go.

I think we are pulling out about 900 Mah during a qualifier and we run 3 quals and a main on a day. Maybe some of the other SCT guys guy chime in on how much battery they are pulling out per qualifier.

We run the ilaps transponder system, but have loaners available. We also sell them at the track for a reasonable cost.

Please keep your eyes posted hers for updates and ask any other questions you may have. Also search for "Trukz" on facebook to join our page and group on there.

Thanks

Aaron
Rozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:14 AM   #1589
Tech Fanatic
 
rc pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Airdire, AB, Canada
Posts: 773
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
Tech Question: Is it worthwhile running a VTS slipper on a B6D? Trying to decide which one to install. Thx!
The short answer is, go with the stock slipper assembly.

The VTS has an extra plate and clutch pad to handle more torque or heavier vehicles. It was a must have on the old 4x4 SC, and can work well in a 2wd SC.
In a 2wd buggy, I wasn't able to get the VTS clutch loose enough to slip properly... with the extra clutch surface, it would slip only a bit and then bite.
__________________
Team Associated - Reedy - Pro-Line - RC Depot - OS Engines - 110% Racing - LD Graphics
rc pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:43 PM   #1590
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 85
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Great progress has been made at the track. We will be racing soon.
Rozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
mfd
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:56 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net