Search

1/8th E-Class rules

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Clarification,

This is not for 1/10th electrics. 1/10th is not being offered next year.

When I say a minimum of 12 to form a class, I mean you need 12 e-buggies to race on thier own, or 12 e-truggies to run on thier own. If there is 3 e-buggies, 2 e-mt's and 4 e-truggies, they will all race toghether at the same time. No combining of e-classes and nitros.

I went with 15 min for the main because most everyone on here says that you can make it without having to buy large capacity batts. Trying to keep costs down for the majority. If after the first E-race main the drivers want to increase the time, we can make the change.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

This could get heated again!

No e+ nitro...hmmmm!
Armour states a very good point.

if need be race together BUT score as E class and Nitro class.

Keeps it simple in the event that 12 don't show up ever race. still alows growth. No direct conflict with the nitros.

affter the race the E's get pulled from the standings and the nitro's bump in to there place.

race results
1st losi
2nd hotbodies
3th E losi
4th E jammin
5th kyoso

nitro points
losi
hotboodies
kyoso

E points
E losi
E jammin

And so on.

Yes it would need to be what ever the nitro race time would normaly be, be 15 mins or 20min main.

PS.
restrict lipo cells to 5c, anything higher = high amp draw,
which = more heat,
which = fires, and white smoke!
I think you need to re-think this Armour.
I have not seen this therory!

There is a reason why I made the 30 mins on one set..

Last edited by crazycooydog; 11-11-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gary Fliegel
Clarification,

This is not for 1/10th electrics. 1/10th is not being offered next year.

When I say a minimum of 12 to form a class, I mean you need 12 e-buggies to race on thier own, or 12 e-truggies to run on thier own. If there is 3 e-buggies, 2 e-mt's and 4 e-truggies, they will all race toghether at the same time. No combining of e-classes and nitros.

I went with 15 min for the main because most everyone on here says that you can make it without having to buy large capacity batts. Trying to keep costs down for the majority. If after the first E-race main the drivers want to increase the time, we can make the change.

Why do the 1/8 electric guys have a chance to run if enough interest but not 1/10th electric guys????? Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I know the Revo has a fully enclosed batt tray on either side thus protecting the Batterys. Cory D's buggy has a well secured batt that is also well protected by the tray in my opinion. I think a hard case batt will severly limit battery options in the Revo as it has a molded plastic case that cant really be altered to accept thick hard cased lipos. Just my .02 cents.

+1 on the lipo charge sack

Will the heavier batts that will make a 30 min main take off 30 seconds of the total laps times due to being heavier? Will the guys who choose to do a battery change end up with around the same laps after 30 mins? I am really curious to see how this works out.

Also for safety reasons i think we must limit batteries to whatever number of batteries the vehichles will acomidate. ie no straping on a battery somewhere on the chassis it wasnt intended for just to make a 30 min main. For obvious reasons this can be very dangerous.

Really looking forward to running the electrics this coming year. Great thread to start these discussions.

Tim
Old 11-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Company Representative

The reason there is no 1/10th offered is based on electric turn out at this past years corcs events. The total turn out from all 3 races was 19 racers, and at the last event, there were no electrics at all. With that kind of turn out, I can't start another series based on those numbers.

The 1/8th e-classes are starting to grow, so I want to help promote this segment of racing. They will not be combined with the nitros anymore based on feedback I got from all of those forms that ppl returned at the last rcps race in red deer. If there is only 8 of them at a race they will still be run, but in thier own catagory. This is the e-class's year to showcase what they can do and generate interest for them. I am willing to let them run in reduced numbers to help promote thier growth. If at the end of the year they show no growth or decline in numbers, they will be cancelled from the race program. I only know of 3 e-powered vehicles that race at this time, so even I am taking a leap of faith that the numbers will be there to support introducing them at all.

SO evreything seems good on the proposed set of rules, the only thing that is up in the air is the main length. So toss out either 15 or 20 for your vote.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

SO evreything seems good on the proposed set of rules, the only thing that is up in the air is the main length. So toss out either 15 or 20 for your vote.
I know the E-class guys put a load of money into their 1/8 vehicles, so I think it's fair to honour their investment by allowing them to run a longer main. I'd say 20 minutes is agreeable
Old 11-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gary Fliegel
The 1/8th e-classes are starting to grow, so I want to help promote this segment of racing. They will not be combined with the nitros anymore based on feedback I got from all of those forms that ppl returned at the last rcps race in red deer. If there is only 8 of them at a race they will still be run, but in thier own catagory. This is the e-class's year to showcase what they can do and generate interest for them. I am willing to let them run in reduced numbers to help promote thier growth. If at the end of the year they show no growth or decline in numbers, they will be cancelled from the race program. I only know of 3 e-powered vehicles that race at this time, so even I am taking a leap of faith that the numbers will be there to support introducing them at all.

thanks for the chance this year i am shure we will not have any problems getting drivers and i will toss in my vote for 15 mins
Old 11-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs down No 1/10 Scale

Thought I was getting into a well established class when I bought myself a new 4WD Electric Buggy. But if there is no 1/10th scale I guess I just wasted a lot of money for a new paper weight.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

The majority of setups will run comfortably at 15 minutes that I have witnessed (believe me, I have seen a LOT of them).
Old 11-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Tech Initiate

- I vote 20 for A mains
- The dilemna of extra time added to the race day when there might only be a few E's, is why i suggested running with the nitros if we only have 3 or so, and simply score them independently(then no controversy).
And also the fact that an electric junkie doesn't drive to an event to run one class...a total of 35 minutes for a whole day. The trailblazers won't be willing to showcase anything if they come to an event for 35 minutes worth of racing.

- most racers run multiple classes to fill their day, in my specific case i would have to choose which E to run that day, nitro guy isn't cornered like that. How can you expect the electric junkies to come out in droves for so little racing in a day.

I personally have purchased 3 electric production vehicles in the avenue of $2000 a piece in anticipation of E's being allowed next year in all classes, and would love to have the same opportunity to run all 3 at the rcpro events, if i'm paying the same entrance as everyone else.
Even if i'm the only electric truggy, or buggy all year long....run me with the nitros and toss me out of the mix for points.
I'm absolutely fine with that if there are less then 3 of us.
For me choosing electric is not about proving anything to anybody, and it's not about trying to step on the nitro junkies toes either.
You have your addiction, I have mine......at the end of the day we are both rc racers.
I just wanna run my vehicles, and the electrics work well within my hectic job and life(family, work, etc).
If that means me going to all rcpro events and running with the nitros all year long and not receiving a single point in buggy or truggy.....then so be it.

I Just want to run.
P.S. Build it and they will come.

Last edited by arumor; 11-11-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

I too would like to thank GARRY, for giving us a chance.
I look forward to working with you this up comming season to help our hobby grow.

I agree that triple 15 min A mains are a little much.... I would like to see maybe a 30 min main for end of series. by then it will be easy to make any 30 min main on one pack... Oh right I DID IT,didn't I.

I am totaly set up for 20 min mains, in bolth of my E set ups.
I would like to see 20 min mains.... but I can see how this might add some extra cost to new comers. I would be willing to VOTE 15 mins.

to run 20 mins, one needs to pay attention to gearing and throtle input, which adds a little more chalenge....you can't drive like a mad man..... Or I guess you just strap in a bigger battery and drive an un-balanced setup and PRAY.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Rookie

I vote for 15 minute mains if they are going to be run in their own class.

This being said however I don't see what the issue is running a mixed electric nitro class and score them separately. Then you're not really competing against a nitro, your just running with them.

In full size off-road racing multiple classes are run at the same time, the reason being is that you're only running against the same vehicle in your own class. I think nitro guys feel that somehow they are going to have their egos squashed by the e guys. I think it's time to stop inhaling all those nitro fumes guys.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Crash Monkey
I think nitro guys feel that somehow they are going to have their egos squashed by the e guys. I think it's time to stop inhaling all those nitro fumes guys.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crash Monkey
I think nitro guys feel that somehow they are going to have their egos squashed by the e guys. I think it's time to stop inhaling all those nitro fumes guys.
he he he he he he they need to get masks
Old 11-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

"I think its time to stop inhailing those nitro fumes guys" ... hmmm but if you ask some of us the reason for the Electrics is for people who dont know how to tune the nitros or how to keep them running. I prefer it only because i enjoy the tuning factor of the engine.. i like the noise i dont believe there is much more satisfaction of hearing the nitro engine hit that band and bugger off. It is true that the E-class is very smooth and i dont argue that there is less cleanup or maitenance involved but to hear what would normally be a 10th scale coming around the corner is an MT? or none the less an 8 scale buggy? It would be like taking an old muscle car and putting in an electric motor from one of the city buses in Edmonton. But in the end everyone knows that with the right setup the E-class is very fast but should run with its own class.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.