Wiki Posts
Search

The BIG CHILL Open!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

DITTO!

You coming up Donny? Hope you guys do, the racing format we have been doing has been quite exciting not only for the racers but most of all for the spectators. It draws more crowd especially, the close racing compared to just running one car at a time at the track.

I also would like to correct myself, Dave is right about the grid.

Old 10-06-2003, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

rcspeedo- Hmmm... That's "Get In Gear"

Official Congratulation to Tristan for his sponsorship with Tamiya. He is very deserving of this honor. He has been very outspoken in support of Tamiya products for quite some time. He is also a great ambasador to the hobby. He spends alot of time coaching new drivers and helping those who need it and ask.

In the short time he has been in this hobby and racing, his skills on track has steadily improved and I can only see it getting better. He attends lots of races on the road but most importantly, he supports local racing first.

Unlike some people that are sponsored who think winning big races is all that matters. keeps products and personality to himself does not help our sport one bit. Even if Tristan doesn't win, he is still cheerful and great to speak to. He does not take it out on others if he is having a bad day. Rest assured the way his racing is improving, he will defenitely be winning races!

After all, he's backed by the best car manufacturer and he will be using the best car around...Tamiya EVO III!!!
Old 10-06-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

There is great response for The Big Chill. Keep it comming.

Glad to hear that our friend from south of the border are joining in the fun. This should be an eventfull and exiting weekend.

Thanks to Tristan and Dave for covering everyones question. Keep up the good work.

Excellent work for the Tamiya/ Putnam team this weekend. EVO III 1st and 2nd and would have been 3rd too if Tristan would have gotten his car too. Dave using the new Putnam 19 Turn for the first time put a great effort in for TQ but ran into some bad luck in the main. Great persistance by comming back in and keep running.

The power of the Putnams was also shown in stock as Jesse almost a lap down steadily climbed back lap after lap to challenge for the lead but just ran out of time in the end.

Great racing! Can't wait
Old 10-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Sheesh!

"Get into Gear"....know where did I hear that.....it's sounds the same.. Oh well... same diff I guess
Old 10-06-2003, 10:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

rcspeedo: I'm thinking about it. I'm kind of tapped out after last weekend. Some of the Fantasy World guys are planning a trip and I may tag along. What do we need to bring? Tables, chairs, extention cords, tire truers? Never raced at your track so I don't know what to expect. Is this a temporary track? Any pictures? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks

Donny
Old 10-07-2003, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

yes i need to know the same things that donny has asked. will we need our own tables and chairs? and i will probably bring my tire truer anyway but will there be one there in case racers need it.

also, what is the condition of the carpet? is this a permanent track? glued or taped to the ground?

like donny, sorry for so many questions.

peter
Old 10-07-2003, 12:37 AM
Tech Addict

donny/Peter- All questions are welcomed.
Lets see... No, no, yes, yes, yes, no. I think I got it all.

(Just kidding) Assuming that your talking about The Big Chill... No need to bring tables and chairs. I highly recomend bringing extension cords and power bars. Tire truer is up to you. This is a special event race and therefore temporary with no pictures.

If any of these conditions change, we will try and let you know A.S.A.P.

Really hope you can tag along and make it. We'd love to have ya race with us.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:47 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

hey Chrisman where are you????????
Well are you racing this weekend or what
Old 10-08-2003, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Hey OVA,

Are you going in our club race this weekend at Cloverdale? If so, can you please call up Dan, he might be sending an EVO 3 with you.

Thanks

Last edited by rcspeedo; 10-08-2003 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey OVA...I maybe over at Cloverdale....come up...come up..where ever you are...lol. It's in door asphalt..........damn..I like it...no need to change to foams set up yet..TTYL
Old 10-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

O hey...Rcspeedo...addy for the Cloverdale race track??.......hurry..hurry..
Old 10-08-2003, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

ooooppppppppppppppSSS......I should have read it...

Train and Hobby Show - Chilliwack Heritage Park 44140 Luckakuck Way, Chilliwack, B.C. (604) 824-9927 Ext 116
Old 10-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If Franko is going up I will send the car up it will be the car he used at TCS. It is a very rare S EVO

Slut EVO haha It has run Reedy, Canadian TCS and NA Finals ooh can't forget the Puyallup Nationals

D
Old 10-09-2003, 08:33 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

S evo I didn't know the car is rare
Old 10-09-2003, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Crisman... thats the address for the Chill race

I'll ask Jesse or Ramil to post the Cloverdale for us.

Dan...I guess the S EVO is well broken in then

Ova... you going for the race this weekend?

This might be the last voyage for my M2...so...i'm gonna have to put my game face on .....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.