Search

2004 Wcorcs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2004 Wcorcs

Here is what was discussed and decided on at the directors meeting.

BC Dates: May 22 & 23 Langley
June 19 & 20 Kelowna
July 17 & 18 Kamloops
July 31 & Aug. 1 Quesnell
AB Dates: June 5 & 6 Med. Hat
July 3 & 4 Edmonton
Aug. 14 & 15 Calgary
Sept. 4 & 5 Red Deer (Final)

Rules additions:

1) No home made tires for 1/8th scale buggies. Tires must be purpose manufactured for 1/8th.

2) All tracks to have a 10lb fire extinguisher on site.

3) Radio impound mandatory at the Final race.

4) All racers must make one out of province trip to qualify for the series championship. The final will count as your out of province race. So for this year all alberta racers must make one race out of province to be eligible for the series, while BC's trip will be the final held in Red Deer. The following year all BC racers must make a trip out to AB, while AB only has to attend the final race.

5) Qualifying will now be done using the Qual points system. No more rocket round qualifying.

6) Race format will now be timed races, not laps. All qualifying races are 45 min for the A main. At the Final race A mains are 60 Min long.

7) Minimum number of series races needed to qualify for a championship are 2. A minimum of 4 cars are needed to count for points at any given race. MT was allowed to go into the final this year with only one series race to qualify for the title. If there are not enough MT's next year, the class will not count for a title.

8) Any car body that wins a concourse at a race may not be re-entered at another race for concourse. The winning cars will have their photo taken and posted so that there is a record of the winning cars.

9) All series races will have identical race start times. The times are as follows:
Saturday morning Drivers meeting at 9:30 am
Saturday Qualifying starts at 10:00 AM. Min 3 qualifiers.
Sunday qualifying starts at 9:00am
Mains will start at noon.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:26 PM
Company Representative

Ok, here are my ?? for us to mull over.

1) What should the times be for the lower mains? I like 20 min B, C's and lower 10 min. This includes the final race.

2) I would like to make a mandatory cut off for late racers. You have until the end of the first round of qualifying to get registered, after that you get to watch for the weekend. All of those last minute sunday entries at Kelowna caused havoc to the race schedule. They should have been pre-reged if they knew they were coming. I also think that Registration on Sat morning should be closed at 9:15am so the RD can get the heats going.

Every track has a contact number so there is no reason why a racer can't phone to get their entry in on time. TTYL.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Gary
re; your point 2
Seems to me that a lot of time here is wasted organising heats on race day.
Could we not have entry forms?
Closing date for entries being the Monday before the event.
We all know well in advance when the rounds are, if you don't book in ahead of time then you don't race.
too harsh? But it would save a lot of standing around time especially on the Saturday mornings....
Old 09-02-2003, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

I agree with you Gary. Whether you are there or not, the racers name should be entered into the computer by the end of the first qualifier.
The dates are posted, a person should have a good idea whether they will be able to attend or not. Even if they plan to just make the "last chance" qualifier and run the main on the last day.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

I agree with no registration on Sundays but think it should be allowed Sat mornings. For the final in particular, we should probrobly not allow any antries once the race has started. It does kill a lot of time. About the start times. 10:00 is the earliest that I would be able to start on Sunday. Trying to keep peace with the neighbors and all. I don't want to have to go through what Delmo did. I also feel that if there are over a pre-determined amount of entries, there should be no qualifiers on Sunday. It would be nice to give the trophies away while it is still daylight. 75 entries maybe?

Also, a question on the points method of qualifying. Lets say racer A Gets put in a heat with a bunch of mediocre drivers but racer B ends up in a heat with a bunch of skilled drivers. does this not mean that racer A could out qualify racer B while getting less laps and racing slower competition. I must be missing something because if this is so, a person could dog it for the first couple of heats and then ace the second two once he is put with the slower drivers. Only the best two finishes are counted right?

If anyone has any pics can you put up some links. I woul like to get some up on the WCORCS site.

I've updated the points. I will get the laps up as soon as possible.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Company Representative

Qual points work like this. Each individual round is scored. So the racer with the fastest time in round one will get 0 points, second will get 2 points, 3rd will get 3 and so on down the list. In the next round you do it again. You take your lowest 2 scores and add them up to determine TQ. So if you were to finish second in every qualifier, you can still be TQ. Ties on points are broken by the other rounds. You still resort after 2 rounds. You are basically racing for TQ each round, only its for points, not a set lap/time. This method of qualifying rewards consistancy, not track conditions. I've run it lots of times, and it is very fair to everyone.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would think that if you registar late on Saturday morning that you are penalized an extra $10 per car entry fee and miss the 1st qualifier. If your later than that....your watching the races. There is really no excuse to hold everyone up that is ready to race. On Sunday you can race if you've cleared your entry earlier (before the weekend) with the organizing club and pre registared and won't arrive till Sunday morning. If you haven't then you will be watching...not racing.

Old 09-03-2003, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

I see. I thought it was done per heat not per round. That makes more sense.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

For the final... I think it should be 100% pre-register and that Saturday registration should end by 9:00am. I also think anyone who doesn't pre-register for the final should pay a fee ... $10 sounds too low to me Maybe $20. After 9am Saturday you watch. I also think there should be no qualifiers on Sunday... realistically the way the series is going we are going to have 100+ entries next year... no way we can do a qualifier and have 1 hr mains. It would be great to get 4 rounds in on Saturday.

For the qualifiers I'd like to see no Sunday registrations... if you're showing up on Sunday let us know on Saturday.

A few years back when we ran the nationals we had a website to allow people to pre-register. It worked so well that we actually had to take people out that didn't show and had only 3 or 4 late entries... since we have all our dates we should do this for next year (for all the races not just the final.)
Old 09-03-2003, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

hey ppl... I have some thoughts for 2004... but I need to wait abit b4 I post them...
Sounds like its going to be a great series
Old 09-03-2003, 11:50 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If we are going to points, then we should try our best to have at least 4 rounds, you need it to make sure everyone gets a fair chance to qualify

Maybe we should change it up a bit,

1st round could go friday night. say a 4pm start time

so friday practice would be officially be from 8am to 3pm then 1st round then 3 on saturday and mains on sunday..

I think we need to make the series more uniform and sheduled, ( an outlined time table)

pre reg should be required.. and be mandtatory.

since the series is new I think we should use it as a tool to shape the race series into something that looks truly profesional.

I would like to see the following happen for next year.

at the final:

for all A mains.

10 minute tune and warm up..

then all cars are pitted and shut down.

driver introductions and qualifying postion, list of sponsors etc etc.

once that is done then the cars are re fired and gridded in the box for the start.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Korgae

at the final:

for all A mains.

10 minute tune and warm up..

then all cars are pitted and shut down.

driver introductions and qualifying postion, list of sponsors etc etc.

once that is done then the cars are re fired and gridded in the box for the start.
I was thinking of getting an 1/8 scale for next year and jumping into the mix but if I have to anounce that my wife and mother are my sponsers (I'm 38) I would be too embarassed to race!!! LOL
Old 09-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Company Representative

Korgae, I am assuming that your qualifying format is just for the final?

Can you clarify outlined time table for me, I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

JJ, I thought you had a buggy?
Old 09-03-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default don't get too formal

Hey guys

I just read the past few posts and some of the stuff is a little extreme. Kamloops has run Five national events with just the normal rules and regs.

As for pre-reg we used to give a $5 discount for early registration and that all.

As for not letting a late arrival racing in the first round, most of them who showup that late don't normally make the first round anyway or the RD doesn't have a chance to put them in till the second rouns starts. But if there is time no shuch rule should be in place.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don't race off-road at this moment did in past and might agian but feel time would be wasted listing off people sponsors before the main is run.

Really just run the race and have some fun, as thats what the events are for not for plugging sponsors.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.