Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mid Summer Melt Down at the R.O.C.K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Im thinking the same thing just leave the body blank and not waste any paint but then again i might not just hit anything do i need to buy xtra parts now or will rob bring a supply of them for us slightly -------- people
Old 08-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by todd yule
Im thinking the same thing just leave the body blank and not waste any paint but then again i might not just hit anything do i need to buy xtra parts now or will rob bring a supply of them for us slightly -------- people
It would be good to get a few extra parts to bring along just in case,better to be safe than sorry,I always say.

If you drive like it was stolen you will need parts for sure,if you drive without hitting anything you will not need parts.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default Painted Body

Hey guys

If you run the body unpainted, you might aswell throw it out. It will not hold the paint when you do decide to paint it. When it comes to onroad, the bodyshell is a consumable, it will need to be replaced at least once a season.

Just do a quickie paint job to learn how to paint, and so you won't be sad when it explodes mid-season.

As for parts, Todd what car do yo have? Xray or Associated? I can bring parts for the Associated.

Still not sure I'm coming to this one yet. It will be just the TC5 if I do. I'll see if some of the Kamloops boys want to come down and play too, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

i will probably have to drive it like i stole it just to keep up with you guys unless you guys take pity on me and give me a head start
Old 08-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default could be wrong

Todd, im pretty sure there is no one in town with parts for the cyclone we run, so bring LOTS of CA and cross your fingers . i'm gonna paint the body tomorrow...

Can someone post directions to the hall??
Old 08-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Dan,

when you are on HYW.97 coming from Kelowna,turn left at Bartley Rd.Keep following it all the way into the reserve untill you get to Grouse Ave.Turn right on Grouse and follow it untill you get to Quail Lane.Turn right on Quail and follow it untill you get to the gym at the end of the road.Past the ball diamound on the right hand side of the road.

http://www.gobc.ca/westbank-travel/
Old 08-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Thx killer
Old 08-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Cyclone, I got those

Hey

Melnyk has been running the World Spec Cylone this last year, so we do have some parts for them in stock...and they happen to be in the same box as the TC5 stuff I plan to bring along.

I have no idea what we have, but some parts are better than no parts. I'm sure Rob can get you whatever you need quickly as it just comes from the coast.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Hey no problem Dan.

Jason bring all the parts for the cylcone you have along with you,I think there is going to be some breakage going on on Sunday.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

hey now killer that will be enuf of that kind of talk we could surprise you and not break anything!! then again we could be pulling your wire
Old 08-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

sorry folks, cant make it to this one. seems i will be in shuswap sitting on the beach or in a boat... sux to be me
martin

have fun all

that being said... i sure HOPE to see some GREAT SUPPORT from ROCK at the FALL CLASSIC... this is not just a kamloops race. This event has seen some of the best on-roaders in W Canada, and has been on of the best to attend for years. The one and only Doug Papka (SIR) will be on the mic and running an excellant event! Are ya'll man enough to step up? Remember.... your support is appreaciated ans needed!
Old 08-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Default Head count

Hey Guys

Just want to know who all is coming this weekend.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Giuseppe
Hey Guys

Just want to know who all is coming this weekend.
Hey Jason,

As far as I know everybody is coming except for Lloyd,he is going back to Alberta for the weekend.

Should be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Default Working on the XRAY

So finally got the 008 on the table last night. Man oh man I can't wait to see it run. Actually I am a little nervous. There are some weird things going on with it. I better double check all things like the diff and shocks etc. to make sure nothing explodes once I hit go.

See you all sunday. RoCK ON
Old 08-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Check,double check,tripple check,yep I think I'm ready to go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.