Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KARZ Calgary

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.14 average.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Default KARZ RACING

that is one nice paint job. maybe we will see you in a week.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Racing wolfpack
Hey Tom, what type of mini do you run, front wheel or rear and which one do you like better?

ttyl
brad

Hey Brad... I have the front wheel mini..... I havn't ran the rear wheel yet so I guess I like the front wheel It's hurten a little, but should be fun none the less
Old 07-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Default KARZ RACING

if you have the time on a sun evening, bring it out and have some fun
Old 07-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

AJ,
if you want to go, let me know, we can carpool !!
my mini is itching for Ivan to beat up on it.

Also, to all you KARZ guys, I hope you will all try to make the Airdrie outdoor race next Saturday, the Mini class should be fun, I'm certainly going to do it.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What's the surface like in Airdrie? I read that it's on some tennis courts, so is it smooth concrete, or asphalt?
Old 07-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Actually, it's a smooth outdoor asphalt hockey rink. Dwayne has posted on the CARCAR thread.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Stu,

As the current WOW Mini Champ (by attrition i know!) speaking to the current DTP Mini Champ (I let you pass cleanly by the way), the chances of beating me is pretty easy but beating me 'up' is pretty tough. I don't think you can do anymore damage to my duck-taped honda civic body. Running at KARZ is gonna be tougher than you think cause no one is gonna move out of your way (i'm serious) and looking forward to see the look on your face when someone uses reverse out of the blue and knocks your mini silly, but if you're nice, i might let you by ...when you're trying to regain a lap. That goes for your too Aaron!...and Brad...and Jim....oh what the heck, you can all get your lap back!

Looking forward to racing next Saturday and Sunday!
Old 07-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Default KARZ RACING

thanks ivan for giving me that lap back, but now that may just put me a lap up on you, and i see others are starting to get alot more smoother in there driving and looking for you lol. yes for some it may be a shock to see a car go backwards, but if you have driven on the deerfoot, then your reflexes will just be fine. lolol. i will let alot of the drivers know about saturday and hope some will be out. i work till 1 but will probally come out and watch, if i can get in late let me know i might just race too. on your note you said power might be a problem, i do not have a generator, so will there be enough power for all??

thanks
brad
pres ( karz )
Old 07-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, everyone's skill is starting to get better and the gap between us is starting to dwindle. That makes for more competitive racing and i love it! Yah, the Deerfoot keeps you on your toes too.

If you come late on Saturday that's okay. You might miss a qualify or two, but you'll get in and make the mains for sure. If your generator is not too big, i can pick it up from you one night at Solbeys or you can drop it off on Friday night when everyone is prepping the track. Up to you.

ps. Your wife can take your kids there Saturday morning and i can help them set up if you would like so they can get a full race day. I think you just need some table and chairs too.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Default KARZ RACING

no i dont have a generator, so i was wondering about power, will there be enough power for all racers that are there? is there a fee to race in this race as well?

thanks
brad
Old 07-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stulec52
AJ,
if you want to go, let me know, we can carpool !!
my mini is itching for Ivan to beat up on it.

Also, to all you KARZ guys, I hope you will all try to make the Airdrie outdoor race next Saturday, the Mini class should be fun, I'm certainly going to do it.
Will do for sure Stu! I have one more M03 to build for my dad, im going to be bringing my alfa, a M03R for my bro in law and another for my dad, so we can have some RC fun!
Old 07-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axle182
Will do for sure Stu! I have one more M03 to build for my dad, im going to be bringing my alfa, a M03R for my bro in law and another for my dad, so we can have some RC fun!

Cool !
can you make the 27th?
if not I can't make the following week, but I know big car racing is keeping you busy for now, so just let me know, I'm all ready to go.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just some info for the Airdrie/CARCAR race this saturday. power is not a problem just that those with generators should bring them to lessen the load on the club generator.....also pre-charge your packs and just re-peak is another alternative. Check the CARCAR thread for more info....looks like there is quite a bit of interest for this race.....who can blame them though....130'x80' of smooth asphalt????nice
See you guys on friday or saturday.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

sorry brad, dyslexia set in there about the generator.

I think the race fee will be like $10 for as many classes as you want. Dwayne?
Old 07-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Default KARZ RACING

i have spoke with a few karz guys and alot of them have to work, but would have loved to race, i still have a few more to talk to and will post on here if they can make it. i probally wont be there till afternoon for i am not done till 1

thanks
brad

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.14 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.