Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Calgary Driven to Perform car show >

Calgary Driven to Perform car show

Calgary Driven to Perform car show

Old 05-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Fun Event!

Just wanted to say that I had a great time at the Calgary DTP. Thanks to all the people who made it happen, the people who brought the carpet/boards in and out, and help set up. You know who you are cause i don't want to miss any names.

It was a long day but time went by pretty quick i guess if you run 3 out of 4 races. Running on rubber tires was different for me. Some people might not have enjoyed it as much but it was something of a challenge to control my car which may explain some of the unfortunate carnage in the mains. I think of it as this way, GT class was very popular at wcics last year, isn't it just the same with a faster motor?

I also want to thank the driving god for not breaking anything considering i ran the same car in 8 qualifying runs and 2 mains. I would definitely do it again next year!
Old 05-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Great Day!!!

Thanks to everyone for their hard work on setting up this event......Jeffrey and myself had a great day!!! Thanks for helping us out when we needed it!!! I have $10 for Dwayne for the tires.....we'll have to hook up....and I ended up with a pinion on the pan car....I think it was Mr. Ellard....so if someone has his number or he checks on here....let me know how to return it.....the pinion made all the difference in the world....until I got punted!!!! Tonight mini racing if you guys are up for it 6-9 at Huntington Hills.....can't wait for the next race in the summer series!!!

Jeffrey and Roy
Old 05-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

unfortunate "carnage" eh?

nice one ivan!
Old 05-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

unfortunate "carnage" eh?

nice one ivan!
Old 05-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Thanks guys, DTP went great. Racing on rubber was something new, I enjoyed the added realism and think that, while tougher, it will make us all better drivers!

The drift demo went great, lot's of people had a try and I think it was good exposure. If you get a chance, have a look at the Vancouver club's DTP thread, and you'll see how much farther we have to go with promoting the event, sponsors, drifting, etc. I think our "grip" racing is well sorted, lots of the members of our club can jump in at any moment and run a race, etc., and we've got healthy classes.

But I think that this is the biggest public exposure our club gets, and the club exec can work together to capitalize even more, making it a bigger attraction, and guaranteeing our spot at the show for years to come.

We've been invited by the guys at DSport (full scale drifting) to come and do an RC drift demo/competition at Race City for thier August leg of the Alberta drift series. I think it's another great opportunity, and it can be our August outdoor race series, along with some drift competition.

I'd like to thank everyone that helped out. Terry for transporting all the gear from the HSC & Kerry's to the track, then out to his shop Sat night. Chris and Dave for working so hard to find the equipment a home over the summer. Everone who helped load the stuff up, setup, and especially Terry, Nathan, Colin and Kelly: we didn't finish moving and unloading the stuff until 1am Sunday morning.

Now we should probably close this thread and head back over to the main CarCar one.

Thanks guys.

Josh
Old 06-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

hey,
anyone got results from this event?
I just need them to knock up a report.

thanks
Stu