Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Pro Series AB 2008

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thank you Gary.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I had an oppertunity to "short track" during the main as well. The marshal put me in the wrong lane which would have given me advantage from where I was. I chose to drive over the tile to the marshal and my pit guys had him drop the truck at the correct location. That decision alone cost me time....but WTH..I'm just here because I really enjoy this stuff. Not flaming you Matt, you drove a great race. Congrats on the win. Gary has pointed out that the "short track" would not have made a difference on the outcome. So...its done. The reality here is...at the end of it all....we all had a great weekend with our TOY CARS.

Hats off to the Clutch Nutz..another great event.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

To start with I would like to apoligize To Garry and Matt....

I did get very rattled affter seeing The short track happen and Nothing done about it, It was solely "my fault " for driving a bit harder to try and stay ahead of Matt and in the process I broke a front piviot ball WHICH slowed my lap times....

The lap times show it very obviously, the short track happened way before Matt took over First place. It is very difficult to put a penelty on a short track situation.... This is where the sportsmanship comes in...Yes we all normaly stop right there and wait for what WE think is a fair amount of time...

Anyways...I'm starting to rant again....

One more thought..
Is stating the FACTS called unsportsmanship conduct.

I'm accused of unsportsmanship conduct
I'm sure If you ask anyone of the MT racers that I race with what they think about this... I'm quite sure they would tell you differently...How many times I have pulled over, to let what apeers to be a faster racer by..Many times I have called out to the other driver I'm going wide... OR I'm staying right...To me this is what sportsmanship is all about..

Oh Yes Matt the crash up by the water tank/poor marshalling insident cost me about 8-10- seconds, but is a great example of my sportsmanship....the reason I was up there WAS to let Darryl by...My mistake...Again

I also told you to be careful of what can of worms you open up, because now guys will be looking to make sure you guys never go off course, because when you do, you will be expected to stop and wait. This is about fun, and unfortunately you 2 want to make a bigger isssue out of this than it is. Remember that you 2 have started this, and I refuse to hear complaints from you guys about being under scrutiny of other racers.

It's about being on the same playing feild....
I started this
I have ALWAYS did the stop and go....Right then and there as not to OPEN this CAN OF WORMS. I wouldn't want to win under questionable sercumstances either.

No hard feellings anymore Matt/Gary...It's water under the bridge..
I would point out the same thing if it was any other racer..In My class or not.

Last edited by crazycooydog; 09-29-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Group hug

Ross, you are a very considerate racer. I remember at the CORCS Nationals, you basically drove right off the track and over the weeping tile to let me by when I was racing for position against Jason. You didn't have to go that far out of your way to let me by, but you did, and I appreciate it.

I apologize for not doing the standard "stop and go" routine during this race. It was more of a "slow down a bit and go". I didn't think it was a huge deal when I did it, but there were plenty of others who wanted my head chopped off It won't happen in the future.

I imagine the Winter Nats is going to be a brutal hack fest in the MT class...but what else is new?
Old 09-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Group hug!!!! NOT happening!

How bout a hand shake..
Old 09-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Great racing everyone! What a fantastic weekend! Thanks to the Clutch Nutz and everyone who put on a great weekend event. It was a great way to finish off the season. Also thatnks to Mr. RD who did a fantastic job being in that tent on the drivers stand all weekend!

I was suprised and I heard many comments on the fantastic MT A main! Only one truck didnt finish! Cleanest race ever! Great job MT drivers! I can only hope Winter Nationals is as good of racing as this weekend was.

Also wanna thanks all the people who helped me out this weekend with pitting and answering all my questions. That what I like about this the most. The guys your racing against are always open to helping out another racer even if they are the direct competitors. With this type of attitude we can attract more racers to the hobbyand have even more fun. Thanks again.

Anyways.... see you at Winter Nats!

Tim
Old 09-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys, here are some pics, not as good as WM's but there are many.

Hope the link works.

http://picasaweb.google.com/NathanKarrie/RCPROABFinals#
Old 09-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Final Points standings!!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Gary F. You have a PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Company Representative

http://canada.rcprosites.com/ check it out.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:09 AM
Company Representative

Here is a list of invites for the RCPS international finals in november. http://canada.rcprosites.com/site/op...contentid/1587
Old 01-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

With 2009 under way, are we close to having a finalized RC Pro Series schedule for this year? (Particularly the Alberta region)

Also, there have been a lot of updates to the RCPS rule book over the off-season. (This includes an expansive restructuring of the MT class as well). Are these updates/changes going to apply to us Canadian folk, or is it just a US thing?

Thanks
Old 01-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Company Representative

Patience, very soon, very big news!!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Cool, I really like the new rule book! It seems to be very much in line with what is happening in the industry and at local race tracks.