Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
2008 CORCS Leg #1: Kelowna, BC >

2008 CORCS Leg #1: Kelowna, BC

2008 CORCS Leg #1: Kelowna, BC

Old 04-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Just yesterday, I had the pleasure of dropping $4000.00 for a new engine, and tires on my real car. This has effectively devistated my race budget for this race, if not the entire race season.

Please remove me from Buggy, and Truggy.

It's gonna kill me to miss this race.

Sean Nelson.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Default Registrations

Hey there,

Please register either on this thread or on the corcs site. In order to get enough trophies I need a good idea of how many people are showing up.

I would hate to only get enough for places 1-3 and then have enough racers to go 1-5 etc. This really helps us plan properly for the event. Only a couple weeks to go so get those registrations in please.

Kelowna racers!! lets get your regis in as well please. I know there are at least 10 or more of you not on the list yet. TVRCRC same deal guys please help us out.

Thank you
Old 04-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Default FUN Class

It worked great last season on the carpet and we want to run it again outside. Here is how it works

FUN Class
Fun class is designed for the new member interested in racing, but very green to the sport. Some newer member have mentioned how they feel a lot of pressure being on the clock or getting in faster drivers ways.

What we do is open the track for some free stick time for these drivers. Transponders are completely optional. This is to allow the new driver to get familiar with their trucks and join us in the fun.

To be clear there or no placements, or prizes awarded for 1, 2, 3 etc. It is strictly to allow the new driver to get familiar with the track, with out the pressure of the clock or feeling like they are in the way.

We feel this class is essential in helping grow our club. We will also run this class at our CORCS event so for those of you with younger children that would like to play or if you are brand new to the sport, please make your way out on May 3-4 for some RC action

Thank You
Old 04-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Default LOL

LOL Any feedback on the FUN Class??

Nothing like killing a thread. LMAO
Old 04-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hmmm if anyones got a B4 or T4 roller I might get involved . PM me if you got something kicking around I can use and still get parts for... As for Funclass feedback IF I get something to run offroad I will probably run Funclass just to try and get a feel for the dirt the first few days . Then I might move up a class and get in everyones way...(hope not) . On the subject of Fun Class ...YES it is a very good thing to be able to get track time with no pressure ...on carpet or in the dirt I think it is a great thing for the R.O.C.K members to allow the time for Newbie's to build some skills and confidence . I thought I might be able to sit tight and wait for the next indoor carpet season but have realized that I am hopelessly addicted . My thanks to Rob D for loaning me his car when I stopped in to watch some of the first carpet races of the season..... sunk the hook...and reeled me in . Now my wife thinks I'm some sort of RC basket case. She's probably right... Sleepster

Last edited by Sleepster; 04-14-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Only a few more weeks! Very exciting! Can anyone anticipate what time the track would be open for practice on Friday? The sooner the better as I want to get there early and be out early so my girlfriend is satisfied with the amount of time she gets to see her family. It will be quite the balancing act!
Old 04-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Sleepster,

Missed you on sunday at Rob's barbie.You even missed your AWARD!!!!!!!

Give Dan a call or I'm sure he already got a hold of you.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Track update!!

WE WILL BE USING THE ELECTRIC TRACK THIS YEAR!!!

SO GET THEM 4WD'S AND TRUCKS READY!!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Default Truck??

Where are all the electric truck open regies?? Let's get them in there guys. I just got the invoice for trophies. I really can't take money out of my pocket.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Enter me in electric truck Dan

DSM
PT to follow

What tires will work on the electric track for Truck?

Last edited by dougmartin; 04-17-2008 at 01:47 PM. Reason: added
Old 04-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BulletMan
WE WILL BE USING THE ELECTRIC TRACK THIS YEAR!!!

SO GET THEM 4WD'S AND TRUCKS READY!!!!
Does that mean I should ditch one of my nitro classes and run my 4WD!? It would make for a more relaxing weekend! Try to convince me people!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Kane-o:

Come on and join us in 4WD. I just got my BJ4WE a week ago and am getting it all ready. It'll be a blast! Its arguably one of the best racing classes ever!

I'm going to run MT and 4WD only. That should keep me busy but not overwhelmed. Not everyone can be a star like " richdude" and run 3 nitro classes.... and a
Old 04-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Default Don't 'ditch' anything

Kane-o don't ditch anything dude. Run three classes man. What does it really take to keep an electric going??

Thanks Doug, It will be great to see you out in the dirt. In fact I don't believe I have ever seen you run on dirt. Maybe I even have a chance then eh?
Old 04-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kane-o
Does that mean I should ditch one of my nitro classes and run my 4WD!? It would make for a more relaxing weekend! Try to convince me people!!!
Come on Kane, don't let me be the only one running 3 classes
Old 04-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Robs BBQ

Yeah I am sorry I missed it too , sounds like a lotta fun...now whats this about an Award ? Yer just jerkin my chain so's I fall outta my tree right?...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.