2008 2nd Annual Chill Out (Kelowna) >

2008 2nd Annual Chill Out (Kelowna)

2008 2nd Annual Chill Out (Kelowna)

Old 02-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Track times

Guys,
I need a bit more info to help with my decision to attend. What time does the track open on Friday? What will be the track hours for the weekend?(open at? close at?) What time will the qualifiers begin on Saturday? On Sunday? What will be the class running order (TCs 1st, then 12th scale)?

Thanks,
Dwayne
Old 02-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Default Track Hours

As far as hours, we are in to set up for 3pm friday. Track should be open for practice around 6:30 maybe 7:00 depends on how quickly we get it together.

Track will be open till 9pm friday night. Open Saturday for 7:30am drivers meeting 9am racing by 10am. Should be done around diner time then track open till 9pm again.

Same start time for sunday for last chance qualifier and then main and trophies should be wrapped up for 3pm sunday.

As far as running order that will be determined at the track on Satruday once registration is complete. I will do my best to watch for back to back racers, motor changes etc. Keep in mind you can never make everyone happy, but I will do my best with in reason

Hope that helps
Old 02-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Guys

So the only 10.5 for 19t that is allowed is the novak one right? That means I cannot run the Orion or LRP 10.5?

Alfred
Old 02-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Default Novak 10.5 for 19turn

That is correct. However if the LRP motor is approved by race time it will be allowed as well.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:01 AM
Tech Regular

hey dan,
i may have missed the info somewhere, but anyway i have a couple Q's.
1) what type of tires are allowed in sportsman: rubber or foam?
2) what is the motor size limit in sportsman?
3) it appears you are allowing people in sportsman to run in other classes. is that true?
thx
Brian
Old 02-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Default keep em coming

The sportsman class is essentialy our novice class. This is for our 1st and 2nd year drivers working their way up. I have posted foam tires, but if you have rubber that is not a problem. For motors I want to see a 27turn locked end bell or the stock motor from the Ready to Run car it came with.

Winning this class is more about who ever runs the cleanest race not about who has the best tires, equipment or power. If you stay off the boards and stay on your wheels you have the best chance of being #1 at the end of the weekend.

Not sure about allowing sportsman in other classes. If I left that impression it was not intended. I may allow a FUN class driver run both classes, but that would be a decision I make on race day. If you feel you are good enough to compete in a regular race class you shouldn't be in sportsman.

**ON a side note** for all you experience drivers thinking you can get some extra track time in the FUN class regardless of what type of rc you want to try it won't be allowed. ONLY new or young drivers are allowed on the track at that time.

Keep the questions coming, I want most issues out in the open before the weekend starts.

Dan
Old 02-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Pre-Registration ...

There it is Dan, my pre-reg.

TC 19t DSM PT# 6036415

12th scale Stock DSM no PT.

See you end of March

Dom.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Default Frenchy

Well I just can't let that go with out a response hey Dom?? Time to start chirping

So then Dom, should I make sure you are not in the same heats with me. You seem to get rattled when I am on the stand with you. I want to make it as fair as possible for you. I would like to reduce the amount of excuses so at the end of the weekend you know I will once again be the champ. LOL

The Cat
Old 02-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dan Boundy
Well I just can't let that go with out a response hey Dom?? Time to start chirping

So then Dom, should I make sure you are not in the same heats with me. You seem to get rattled when I am on the stand with you. I want to make it as fair as possible for you. I would like to reduce the amount of excuses so at the end of the weekend you know I will once again be the champ. LOL

The Cat
I thought so ... that you couldn't let that one go ... well i know that i can beat you, it's just matter of keeping that car together ... i dipped the whole car in Blue Loctite for the BigChill, i don't know how good it is for the belts!!! hopefully that will help ... . I will try to NOT GIVE YOU a win again this time, i will try to make you work for it ...
Old 02-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

ok dan,
thx for clearin that up. i guess i will run in the sportswomen class, unless anything changes, like i learn how to drive. my car is usually pretty clean, the track just seems to jump out at me in places. lol
Old 02-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default Chill Out

OK Dan count me in for Fun Class...

TC4
Freq 27.095 Orange Channel 3

Last edited by Sleepster; 02-21-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Got some Questions regarding this whole brushless thing for 19T......

The 10.5 Novak, LRP, and Orion motors are all ROAR legal. All put into the same Catagory of a modified motor as a 10.5T mod. But can be run in a SPECific SPEC class....

The NOVAk 17.5 PRO is allowable in the Stock Class aka "Stock Sedan"
The NOVak 13.5 PRO is allowable in the 19T Class aka "Super Stock"

This was updated as of Feb 15th,2008....

The LRP 17.5 and LRP 13.5 will be ROAR aproved by the time Carpet Nats start which would be the 3rd week of March, 1 Week before this Race. Are you guys following the guidlines as they arise or just sticking to the "only Novak 10.5's" for 19T ( which really doesn't Exsist anymore,. anyone wanting to run a brushless motor in 19T should be on a 13.5 unit)

Please clarify for us....thanks...
Old 02-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Default Brushless Chill Out

Hey Jesse,

Thanks for the update. As far as I understood the Novak 10.5 was the only motor ROAR approved for the 19turn class. As long as I can confirm what you say to be true that is the way we will run our race.

Our idea is to use the ROAR rules as guidelines for our race and we have been open to allowing other motors as long as they are ROAR approved by the race date.

Dan
Old 02-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan Boundy
Hey Jesse,

Thanks for the update. As far as I understood the Novak 10.5 was the only motor ROAR approved for the 19turn class. As long as I can confirm what you say to be true that is the way we will run our race.

Our idea is to use the ROAR rules as guidelines for our race and we have been open to allowing other motors as long as they are ROAR approved by the race date.

Dan
Sooo. I just got off the Phone with the National Electric On-Road Chairperson for ROAR. On a Regional/National ROAR event the 10.5 brushless motor is not allowed into the "SUPER STOCK CLASS" there is no more "19T CLASS" never exsisted....the 13.5SS PRo from Novak and the LRP 13.5 are the only brushless motors allowed into the "SuperStock Class" formerly known as 19T Sedan as of now. More brands are to follow for approval withing the next 2-3 months......

On a "CLUB" level Trophy event (events following ROAR 'guidelines' only) It is solely up to the Race Director and the CLUB to decide on the motor rules for the Super Stock and Stock Classes. Which really means " Whatever the clubs run" is what the super stock and stock class will be interpretted at. ie: if 'JonDoe' club runs the 10.5 as a (19T) super stock class the the Orion, LRP and NOVAK brushless motors will be deemed legal according to ROAR 'guidlines' of approved brushless motors....
if 'JaneDoe' club only allows the 13.5 brushless motor into the Super Stock Class ,then the Novak 13.5 and the LRP 13.5 will be the only Brushless motors allowed into the 'Super Stock Class' as per ROAR guidlines.....

On another note.....some 'Clubs' (just to avoid all the BS and whinning about what motor is what and approved and so on...) allow for any 10.5 brushless motor aslong as it is following ROAR SPECs for the 10.5 motor in gereral. And only running in a Spec Program.....

Make sence at all....great....just thought I'd share this wid you all...
Old 02-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs down TOO many possibilities

just my opinion on the 19T class.

R.O.C.K. should make a "final decision" on the allowed motors by MARCH 1/08.
This gives everyone a chance to find, install, test ect the motors to be used at the CHILL OUT.
If we are going to be watching every change ROAR does... then why not just run ROAR (only) rules.

I think that imput from motor builders is most valuable, Trent and Dwyne?

the LESS selection/choises the easier for all

Martin

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.