Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Indoor offroad electric rc in Chilliwack >

Indoor offroad electric rc in Chilliwack

Indoor offroad electric rc in Chilliwack

Old 02-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well another race night done.The track layout turned out to be pretty good the jumps where built buy Mark and Shane with help from everybody which made the track quite exciting to drive and watch.There were a few issues we had to deal with but with everybody's patience we got things running ,better late than not at all i guess.I apologize for all of that.With 2 groups of novices ,2 groups of 4wdr/2wdr buggy and 2 groups of stadium truck there was a total of 30 + drivers so you can bet there was alot of action.Check out pics at fraservalleyrc.com.The next scheduled event is mar 29 but I am working on getting one in between so there isn't such a long dry spell.

Thanx to everyone that came out to help and thanx all the racers.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Rookie

If anyone has extra pictures or videos I can add to the site let me know I know there was some guys with video and pictures, or email them to

[email protected]

Thanks
Mike
Old 02-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

There is a date change

The next race night is March 21 2008
Old 02-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

you know where we had the timing loop last time? we used that spot because there was space between the lanes to avoid a timing error. next design add a space between lanes closer to the timing stand like that so we have more run up before the start line so we can stagger cars a little better.

I have been working with the program and have a pretty good understanding of it, and will just be learning more before the race date. Derek is working on the names and such that are allready in there and fixing things so we just have to drag the names of people over and just add the new entries that show up.

Last request is to move the big jump to the front straight, at the end so it's easier to see and line up. That young corner marshall getting tagged is case in point. Lucky nothing happened but let's try to avoid it and not take the chance by making it easier to see.

Looking forward to running again. I have my 8th scale ready for this one and I am bringing a new face out to run my B44. It'll be good to see Ballistic Brad out racing again. We should have enough 8th scale brushless to run a class this time. We'll set them up like all the other classes as far as time goes.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Here is the track layout for the march21st race night .Attachment 319356
Please offer any suggestions about the jump location and general layout.Thanx TTFN

Last edited by endurohero; 03-30-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

nice track lay out. that ones seems a bit better than last month. never like the full straight in front of the driver stand.

I might have to try and make it out from Victoria. I have a T4 which was only ran a couple of times. should take the cob webs off and come over and do some offroading.

any guy's can give me a hand at setting this guy up and teaching a Onroad Tc/12 scale driver how to run off road. Hehe.

cheers
Old 03-12-2008, 05:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey one more thing. what is the surface. clay loam or what. I remember a couple of thing from reading. if I could ge an answer that would be great. starting point for me.

cheers
Old 03-12-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

The surface is clay based with organic material mixed in for water retention and less dry cracking.When I set up the track it starts out dry and deep loam,so I pound 3000gallons of water to it and roll it out .After the tractor with the roller is done the jumps are placed and rolled .In the first practice runs the track is super tacky but after a few hours it dries out and the surface soil gets pushed out the racing line gets a little slick,but with the right tire combo its very consistant and because there isnt alot of cars on it the track stays smooth no big holes or rutts.

As far as set up goes I also run a T4 but I am also and 12th scale on road guy and have only driven it 7 times so I started with the kit set up with the stock front tires with holeshots on the rear .This worked OK..I have changed rear tires to step pin losi rears and proline edge fronts and lowered the ride height in the front slightly and shortened the camberlinks front and rear with no washers under the balls.With the added traction of the tires and the less chassis roll has ended with good forward bite with a consistant less side bite for better stability for when I dont get the jumps just right ya know?I run 19t T bang power in it so with a mod motor things might change alot.The biggest adjustment was to how I drove it not how it handled.I was used to 19t 12th scale with a track with wider lanes 8'-10' and had to drive very aggessive to hang with the other faster drivers same goes for TC stock drive it like you hate it works there but the with truck if I drove like that I spent more time on the roof than on the track so I had to kind of take a chill pill to drive off road and keep it away from the marshals.Getting a good throttle feel for when the truck is "hooked" took me a while.PM me for anymore info.Thanx Chad TTFN
Old 03-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

cool chad,

Thanks for the info. wow 8' to 10' lanes man that got to be an easy track to manuevore around. I race with wide lane when I was in calgary and the chilliwack 2 years ago. we race on 6' wide lanes on 3 rolls of carpet. a total driver's track. total blast.

Well I guess I should just pit with you and get things figured out.

Andrew
Old 03-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Todays race program will start a little earlier.3:30 track opens for practice first race on the line at 6:00.TTFN
Old 03-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Just wanted to say how much fun i had last nite...looked like everyone enjoyed themselves. To bad i had to finish the B main with front wheel drive.....mmmmmm that pizza was good too.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

The friday night race went well ,a&b mains for monster truck/novice,open buggy and stadium truck .The track took a beating and needed TLC to keep it together but with the help of Dan from Resto-tech ultra pressure systems it was pretty good.I would like to thank everyone who helped set up and tear down its alot of work and with all the help it went together quick and was a good layout ,big jumps ,technical sections and loose traction made it challenging for all drivers.Thanx goes to Powertech labs for the supplies to assemble the all trophies.

The layout for the April 4 event will be up soon. as well as results from the last race.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Default March 21 results

The march 21 race results are in. They are up on the website under Chilliwack.

www.fraservalleyrc.com

See you all on April 4th @ 5:00pm
Old 04-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Here is the track layout for this friday nights race .Please offer any sugestions. Thanx Chad.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
april track.pdf (85.2 KB, 114 views)
Old 04-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Well the last race night of this winter/spring season is in the books.I hope that all the racers who came out had as good of a time as I had putting them on.I couldnt be happier about the venue and all the staff at Heritage park.The track set up and tear down was alot of work but the final result was a pretty good competetive track .There is plans to run again starting in November thru to april 08-09 so stay tuned to fraservalleyrc.com for further details.

Thanx Chad Hudson
TTFN