WCIC '07/'08

Old 08-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just to clarify what is being said here........kill the biggest class-Touring Stock(brushed motors)....are you guys joking????
Old 08-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kane-o
That's what I was thinking, the 13.5.
By the time the series is full-on, there may be up to 5 or 6 "13.5's" on the market. Something to keep in mind because the performance betweem them all will undoubtedly differ.

If it's Novak 13.5 only then you'll still need to decide if you will let people drive them with alternate controllers and so forth.

My 2 cents is that there should be a brushless exhibition class of one form or another, whether it's 13.5, 10.5, 4.5, open, whatever, and that it's more of a showcase for new tech as opposed to hard and fast spec class. The rules and specs for brushless are not nearly sufficient to keep things fair yet between the brands and manufacturers.

I'd love to get our guys driving prototype systems into the events regardless of how it turns out.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:08 PM
mjm
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tandman
Just to clarify what is being said here........kill the biggest class-Touring Stock(brushed motors)....are you guys joking????

The big push in the fall was for brushless stock. The vast majority that spoke out were in favor. We know you can't run brushed and brushless together.

Duane do you have any good reason why the series should not try to progress with the new advancements in one of our classes? How about any ideas with the current issues the series has. Your one of the top drivers give us some input we can work with.

Right now its looks as if we are back to square one with tossing ideas out again as some of the clubs WCIC's reps are not suppling their clubs input to the discussions we tried to hold this spring.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

C'mon guy's I wish you guy's can get you stuff together. I do now it is hard especially during the summer months. You guys should of had this all in place before the last race in the series. That would of been in a perfect world. Being all the way form Victoria. I need to plan ahead. if i'm going to make any of the WCiCS series. I still believe it should be call the alberta sask. series. as there is no BC legs(just giving you guys a hard time.)
Old 08-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You want to call it the A.S.S.???
We called it the "Western......" because we like having you here!!
Old 08-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey I like coming out to alberta. the A.S.S. that would be to funny. could you imagine. Yeah I going to Calgary or Edmonton or were ever for the ASS series.

any case I hope everything gets sort out soon.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well I have yet to attend a WCIC event, but was hoping to get to at least one this year. I'd only be interested if there was Brushed 27T and 19T or a GT class, as I think that'd be lots of fun!

Here in Saskatoon we have been running 13.5's with 27 turn brushed and there is no comparison. Guys running 13.5's are even winning the mod class, just gearing up.

As a newer racer who started in sportsman last fall and moved to 27 turn brushed class I'd hope I wouldn't need new stuff all ready just to attend big events. I guess time will tell.

And if you do allow brushless, please let in lipo batteries.

Just my 3 cents.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:20 AM
Tech Addict

what

veto the foam mod??

are you kidding me

mod = good
Old 08-03-2007, 08:46 AM
mjm
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by more$thanbrains
what

veto the foam mod??

are you kidding me

mod = good

Throw us some options? Give ideas, dont just blow you mouth off and and end it there.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Here's a thought - what about replacing foam mod with a more moderate brushless class. Mod is sort of the de facto brushless class right now, but it basically boils down to extremely fast guys running extremely fast brushless against 7 turn brushed.

How about tempering that class and converting it into a 7.5 or 10.5 brushless class? Still modified, but you wouldn't necessarily need to be super-pro to run it. People could bring out what they've got to give it a shot, but it wouldn't be quite as nuts as full on mod.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1/10 Pan Car

Are we going to run the 1/10 Pan Car class this year? Everyone knows that they are the real bad boys os the WICICS series
Old 08-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I rather like mod as it is (well, except for the cost of keeping foams on a mod car). It's the class where you bring any power system you want. Aside from about four or five guys who are in a league of their own, it's a wild battle right below. I just don't see how limiting it a specific motor makes the racing better. At that point it's just another Stock/19T class where everyone runs 'the same' motor, and quite a bit of the result is determined by motor and battery. Mod is unique and attractive to a few of us because it has nothing to do with motor and battery, and everything to do with wheeling and setup - and SPEED!
Old 08-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up WCIC..... classes

Yeah....don't forget 10 pan!!!!!

JOE ROCKET FOR PRESIDENT !!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default what about lipo's?

Being new to the hobby, I am looking at lipo's as they don't need to be discharged using a tray. Having NIMH's would require a purchase of a decent tray. If I don't have to buy one, I won't.

My only concern is weight with lipo's, because it is obviously an advantage. But if weight is added to make the car equal to those running NIMH's, would this be aceptable?

Now if brushless is in the picture, then there would be an advantage using lipo's because of discharge rates.

What are everyone's thoughts. Are lipo's allowed at this time and will they be in the near future.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL
Yeah....don't forget 10 pan!!!!!

JOE ROCKET FOR PRESIDENT !!!!
Same for me, except for the Joe Rocket for prez part

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.