Wiki Posts
Search

CORCS Leg #4 Alberta Final

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Track Conditions

Here's a quote from a Car Action magazine atricle that I was reading last night relating to the Silver State Nitro Challange.

"Some people ask why you'd want to race on a blown-out track that gets rougher than a fire road after a rainstorm... ... I assume most race because that's what racers do. True racers don't care about the conditions: they show up and run"
Old 08-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TConroy
Here's a quote from a Car Action magazine atricle that I was reading last night relating to the Silver State Nitro Challange.

"Some people ask why you'd want to race on a blown-out track that gets rougher than a fire road after a rainstorm... ... I assume most race because that's what racers do. True racers don't care about the conditions: they show up and run"

This being very true, it still does not mean that there is going to be a lack of complaining about the conditions, even by the "true racer".

In the end it is about having fun, and that was had by a lot of people at this race, including myself despite the complaining...
Old 08-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Rookie

one thing i have learned is that you will always have someone who will complain. one could have perfect conditions, perfect track, absoluetly no computer problems (now there's an oxymoron) and someone will complain that the conditions weren't challenging enough or something. no matter what we do someone will complain. we just need to remember that this is off road and that instead of complaining if we just got involved in the solution, and i don't mean just vocally, then more fun would be had by all. i have found that in the many areas i am involved, even outside rc, that those who complain are the last to help when called upon. so i guess what i am trying to say is that complainers will continue to find reasons to complain and those hosting events need to remember this. and yes there is a huge difference in constructive suggestions and complaining.
lets just keep the wheels turning and have fun.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I will have all the points updated by the end of the week.
Still waiting, patiently. I'm just anxious No rush though.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm kinda waiting for the region 6 results before I finish up the Region 4 and 5 results. This way I can do it all in one fell swoop. Sorry for the delay. Will get it done shortly.

Regards,
Old 08-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sounds good. Thanks for the update.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Hey CoryD, I have a quick q:

I checked out the corcs standings, and I don't see a row for the calgary race. Ed, RD and Med are there.
Is there something I'm supposed to click on? I was just trying to figure out why i dropped so far back after calgary?

(okay, let the smack talk fly I'know it was my driving, so we'll just get that diss outtta the way.)

Thanx.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Just waiting on Region 6 to finish up, then I'm updating all the standings and rolling out a new version of the site which includes the new column for the Calgary race.

Later,
Old 08-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Region 5 points have been entered into the database. That being said, the calgary "column" won't show up until I roll out the new version. However, the points seem to be correct except for the tie breakers. I will be manually positioning thoes drivers.

Region 4 points are next.

Then region 6.

Later,