Wiki Posts
Search

CORCS....Kamloops Leg#2 for BC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FormerRCRACER
For all you people that are curious as too who was told to go home it was me..... snip....

This past weekend in Kamloops has totally put me off from every racing again.All I heard all weekend from the Race Director over the intercom was smartass comments about different members of the Kelowna group.In my IMO very unprofessional.The last straw was when the Race Director told me to go home because I did not go out and Marchall one race.Very unprofessional IMO.I volunteered all weekend to do track maintenance,marchalled when it was my turn to and all I get from the Race Director is Go Home if you don't like it......
I really hope for the clubs sake in Kelowna and elsewhere that new members in the future will not be treated this way..
I am sorry you felt you were treated unfairly and with disrespect, My JOB is to treat racers equally, new and old racers alike. There were several racers who helped out, also several who did not want to give 5 minutes to marshal when asked.
Did I make comments directly at Kelowna? I think I maybe bantered everyone, but thats my way on the mic, no harm ever intended.
If you are who I think you are, I have always had a blast with you, I am sorry if one race spoils our relationship.

If there is enough support for these comments about my RD style and, if you wish for someone else to take the reigns.... I will gladly step down and be a racer only.

Martin
Old 07-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Well Martin I personally think that you did a great job as RD. I like your no BS approach to RD. I also witnessed that you where firm but fair with everyone, whether you knew them or not.

Just remember that you can't please all the people all the time........

Hope to see you as RD in Coquitlam.

Sean
Old 07-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I agree that Martin did a good job as RD, but sometimes he could come accross a little arrogant, but its just his way of being firm. He would mock impound cars, and you thought you were in trouble but in the end he would congratulate you for a great race/run (Jason for example).
In my past experiences being a race director, I have never told anyone to go home, I would do my best to fix any situation first before it would get to that.
But you people that have never done RD, you simply have no idea how stressful it can get, you end up being the reciever of crying and complaining almost %100 of the time. It can be very unfun.
Former racer please reconsider your decicion, put yourself in the RD's shoes, it is very easy to lose it and say things you regret. Just stick to club racing if you have to.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks to "EVERYONE" for making this weekend a blast, you guys rock. And Martin, Keep on truckin buddy, rules are for everyone no exceptions. You got my two thumbs up for the outstanding job this weekend. Hey Formerracer.... I quite racing three times to only go buy all my stuff again. I race on road hard core and sometimes I get frustrated too. Dude you live in Kelowna, the peaches are ripe this time of year. So take some time off to clear your head, go enjoy the summer and when your ready to give rc a try again, your truck will be waiting for you. Sometimes a break is all you need. Dont be stupid like me and pretend that your going to quite. Its an addiction and it hurts to spend all that money again, trust me I know. Anyways good luck and Im sure Ill see you out there again rippin it up.

Crazy Mike
Old 07-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Mike, great driving this weekend. Too bad about the messup in the pits for buggy, you and rich were haulin the mail. Would you mind sharing some of your setups that you ran in both classes? I was runnin crime m3's and thinking it was cauing me the odd traction roll, as well as a bit of excess ride height.

Bernie
Old 07-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is everyone all lovey again yet?
Old 07-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

I feel a group hug coming on
Old 07-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Red face

I think the issues are because of me and my RD'n. I don't see any reason for anyone to be PO'd at another competitor... I hope I am correct.

I hope that those who have a point of view will express it to me, PM or [email protected]
This is not the venue for "bashing" IMO

martin
Old 07-06-2007, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BulletMan
I think the issues are because of me and my RD'n. I don't see any reason for anyone to be PO'd at another competitor... I hope I am correct.

I hope that those who have a point of view will express it to me, PM or [email protected]
This is not the venue for "bashing" IMO

martin
your RD'ing was perfect. Shouldn't be any other way. Keep up the good work bud.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

are there any other pics out there somewhere?
Brent?
someone?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Someones must have pics.......I seen more cameras then just my pos.

One thing I was curious about, I dont mean to raise a ruckus, but why was there no sponsors for this race? I dont recall and names mentioned during the 2 days (unless Im mistaken) and not 1 prize handed out? Certainly the economy is strong enough, no stores/distributors can afford any hand outs?
FYI: Wes (rcpitstop) and I used to solicit companys a year in advance for prizes and we always had something for everyone to hand out.
Dont get me wrong I dont go to big races for prizes, its all about good times.

Bernie
Old 07-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Schneider actually did order a bunch of stuff to hand out, it just got tangled up in transit
and as far as I know Sun City RC Club was the only sponser of the race
Old 07-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Prizes

No worries Bernie, we (TVRCRC) will have plenty for our Fall Classic....we just need to get you into a Touring Car before that! Already linning up a Nitro TC for my buddy Dwayne.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Kamlooper: Sorry about the giveaways. Because we (Kelowna) already held one trophy race this year, we used up our sponsorship coupons for it. I did however, order a bunch of stuff at my cost from hi performance distributors to giveaway at the race but the product missed its ride from the coast and ended up showing up on Tuesday. Also, Mike Tapp at Hi performance did throw in a bunch of product on top of the stuff I ordered. This will be given to the Coquitlam club to give away at Corcs leg 3. Thank you Mike Tapp.