recommended BL ESC?

Old 03-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone here know (for a fact) that the Mamba Max and/or Mamba Side Winder can be used with motors from Novak, LRP etc?

Also, would the 4600kv motor they offer be roughly equivelant to Stock 27T, and the 5700kv motor be roughly equivelant to 19T? Are the Mamba motors/esc's ROAR approved?

Thanks guys.

(edit) - through a little more reading, sounds as though Mamba only makes screaming fast motors and so-far has nothing equivelant to the 27T or 19T. Question still stands on compatibility with other sensored or not-sensored motors. Can they be used with the Mamba ESC's?

Last edited by Meatball1974; 03-03-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

The mamba max is good for high power and high voltage. I've never been able to get the power band quite how I like it, close, but not right on. Actually bought a LRP TC spec for touring, partially so I can run lower speed classes, but also to see if I like the power band better - it's smoother for fast motors for me.

The best feel I've had on a bl controller is on the one I picked up friday Not sure it's really available yet though and has a low ish motor limit.

So far I've had:
Novak SS + 5800 - good for bashing, limited motor choice and tuning, not raceable (no brushed support )
1/18 mamba decent, raced 1/18th with it (no brushed support )
Shultz u-Force 75 - Good for it's age, both better and worse than the MM

Mamba Max - Very flexible, drives most motors, like the 4pole plettenberg shadow I used with the shultz, haven't tried with roar motors, potentially better peak power than other choices
LRP TC Spec - smoother but less punchy(this might be tunable) , limited voltage input (no 3 cell li-poly ), sensored motors only, my current choice for foam carpet mod

One I picked up friday.. best feel, but I haven't raced it, low power limit(10.5) but small and inexpensive. no idea on brushed support.

Given that you want to run carpet touring with the option for brushed I'd go with the lrp or the mamba. There are more options out there that might work better though.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Meatball, have you already bought a MM? I have a MM for sale with 4600 motor.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Meatball1974
Does anyone here know (for a fact) that the Mamba Max and/or Mamba Side Winder can be used with motors from Novak, LRP etc?

Also, would the 4600kv motor they offer be roughly equivelant to Stock 27T, and the 5700kv motor be roughly equivelant to 19T? Are the Mamba motors/esc's ROAR approved?

Thanks guys.

(edit) - through a little more reading, sounds as though Mamba only makes screaming fast motors and so-far has nothing equivelant to the 27T or 19T. Question still stands on compatibility with other sensored or not-sensored motors. Can they be used with the Mamba ESC's?
As for compatibility with the Novak brushless ,Yes I am running a 13.5 Novak with my MMax controller for indoor racing in a T4.We have a 27T brushed or 13.5 brushless motor limit.It can sometimes get a little cogging at start but otherwise it works very smooth.I have the sensor wires just tied up out of the way.The controller has no cogging with the Mamba 5700 motor that I have ever felt.As for the Mamba motors they state that the 4600 is equal to a very good 12 turn brushed.Hope this helps.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The new LRP motors are being labelled as sensored and sensorless.