Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
2007 On-Road Summer Season - Vancouver Miniature Auto Racing (VMAR) >

2007 On-Road Summer Season - Vancouver Miniature Auto Racing (VMAR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 On-Road Summer Season - Vancouver Miniature Auto Racing (VMAR)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

im in for 12th scale.... freakin eh those things are like humming birds on smak!!! lmao
Old 03-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

so we need five people to run 12th right??
im interested lets get a lst of ppl that are inteested in 12th
Old 03-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

Default 1/12 Scale

Yes 5 Racers and we will build a class.

I have a 1/12 L4 that I will let Johnny9 run so there is 1 for you. I will be focusing running my Serpent 720 (nitro) as that is what interests me the most.

I am sure there will be others interested. We had 10 x 1/12 Scale drivers at the last overgear club race and it was a blast!

Super Mario
Attached Thumbnails 2007 On-Road Summer Season - Vancouver Miniature Auto Racing (VMAR)-bwm-m3.jpg  
Old 03-29-2007, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default Update

We painted the drives stand ( Yellow/Red )
We have the new boards and blocks & hardware. Big thanks to Fast Eddies Dad. He did a fantastic job!
We still have to hit them with some primer and yellow paint and we'll have some really nice track materials this year!

Fast Eddie and I will be renting an industrial vacuum (Billy goat as they call it) on Saturday and getting the asphalt super clean for our up coming season. This will be totally sweat, as we should have great traction right from the get go. It really saves the cars if there is no grit on the track. Anyways, its important to us, I hope everybody appreciates it.

We will clean the lot we raced on last year and pick another one (the best one we can find) as a secondary lot we can try.

Super Mario
Attached Thumbnails 2007 On-Road Summer Season - Vancouver Miniature Auto Racing (VMAR)-bwm-m3.jpg  
Old 03-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default Chill Out!

(sorry to interupt )
Chill out this weekend in Kelowna... come and race the last indoor of the season... use up those last few sets of tires.

FRIDAY SCHEDULE

we get in the gym at 5:00pm. at that time we (lots of local help?) will set up the track and i really want to drag a shop vac around. I am estimating the track will be READY for paractise by 7:00pm at the latest. We have to be OUT by 10:00

Anytime after 5:00 you can come in and setup your pit etc. Tables and chairs are supplied. Power is reasonable BUT bring extention cords and power bars. Also PIT TOWELS are manditory.

NO ONE allowed on the track until you are registered AND paid. ONCE your car(s) touch the carpet there are NO REFUNDS.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

Mr TBang is heading your way to lay some smack down in 19T Touring Car. Watch out!
Old 03-31-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

I was really greatful as well for the job that my father did for the track..I took him for lunch the other day to show my gratitude.I hope you guys will be out this season to take in some fun...The weather looks like its going to agree with us today and we are going to try and get the lots so clean you could eat off of it ....Will update you as the work progresses
Old 03-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

What a beautiful day today we got both the lots that we wanted to clean done and if the weather is nice we should be setting up next weekend for a trial run ..We are still going to clean it again before the day starts as per usual before each race or practise day as well as traction compound.There are two lots at the location that we like to try and we would like your opinion on which one you like better so let us know to acomdate the group better ..so remember its only a practise so feel free to come out and view and take part..I would like us to have a great outdoor racing season
Old 04-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

hey guys...i was jsut wondering...have any of u tried novak 3.5 brushless with 8000mah lipo battery?

i read it in the rc car action magazine and it looks awesome...longer runtimes/ no maintanence?? with a stock motor, that battery will last about 30 minutes without charge or peak....no memory effect at all? dont need expensive chargers/ dischargers./ no soldering....wouldnt it be great?
the team orion platinum 4200 lipo looks good too!...well for now...i am planning to get one of those 4200 mah or 8000 mah 7.4v lipo batteries along with a brushless system equivalent to stock/19t/mod....i guess its going to be the novak gtb with 3 motors
Old 04-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

The Novak 3.5 is a very fast motor. If you run that motor I hope you are a good driver because you may end up breaking a lot of parts. It took me almost a year of racing before I felt comfortable enough to start racing 19t. I still crash and break parts in stock.

Racing on a track with other people is quite different from parking lot bashing. I would suggest trying out stock and 19t before jumping into mod. I almost made the same mistake when I started out. The best thing I did for my driving was to take it slow and learn how to drive a stock motor before moving up a class.

The other thing is that you need to set your car up quite differently for mod then you do for stock or 19t. You may want to look at getting a 12th scale if you want to run another class.

I hope you don't take offence to these comments but I really want you to have an enjoyable experience and not get too frustrated from the start.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Adept

oh no worries! i went to abbotsford for my first time and i was in novice class...i got first and i bumped myself up to stock class...i won that too. so right now i wana move on to 19t/mod.
i was just thinking...if i do buy a brushless...why cant i buy the fastest one and then limit the motor on my 3pk? so i can go up slowly!
right now im waiting for april 8th so i can race with everybody on asphalt...last time was carpet racing!
Old 04-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by topekoms
hey guys...i was jsut wondering...have any of u tried novak 3.5 brushless with 8000mah lipo battery?

i read it in the rc car action magazine and it looks awesome...longer runtimes/ no maintanence?? with a stock motor, that battery will last about 30 minutes without charge or peak....no memory effect at all? dont need expensive chargers/ dischargers./ no soldering....wouldnt it be great?
the team orion platinum 4200 lipo looks good too!...well for now...i am planning to get one of those 4200 mah or 8000 mah 7.4v lipo batteries along with a brushless system equivalent to stock/19t/mod....i guess its going to be the novak gtb with 3 motors

There are a few additional considerations with that approach - currently, brushless motors are legal only in the mod class. This summer, we may try some experiments with allowing the brushless equivalents into stock or 19T, but it will be at the discretion of your competitors - we will take a vote on race day to see if they are cool w/allowing brushless into the spec classes.

Ditto with the LiPo - they are currently not race legal in any classes in the ROAR rulebook. Again, I could see it being allowed in mod, but in a spec class like stock or 19T, the extra voltage is a bit of an advantage. Again, we'd be most likely to leave it up to the people running in the class on a given day.

Brushless and LiPo look to be the future for our hobby, so we don't want to slow down progress. However, at the same time, we try to at least roughly respect the guidelines set out by ROAR as the starting point for our rules. Hopefully they will work to modernize their standards in the near future!

That said, there should be a group running mod/brushless this summer so if you feel that you're up for the challenge, by all means, go for it. Like John said though, don't underestimate the speed and crash factor out there. If you're prepared for that, then all should be well.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Mr TBang is heading your way to lay some smack down in 19T Touring Car. Watch out!
Those guys were fast out there this weekend! I managed to qualify 3rd in 19T, but I could only hang onto 5th in the main when it got chippy out there.

Not enough stock guys though..... I snuck away with a TQ and a Win in 27T. Byron came up from Sportsman to run in Stock and gave me a run for the money in the main. He kicked ass on two seasoned stock drivers from Calgary, which was totally awesome!
Old 04-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Tech Rookie

anyone play GP here?
i just have a two weeks vocation in Van, and want to join your guys once or twice. i just new in GP so need some help on tuning up the engine etc.
will be in Van 26th Apil, hope can catch up the 29th activities.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

gp are there as well...come on out for the fun ....We are always glad to help as much as we can.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.